Oasis June 23, 2012 Review, long, with pictures

We did no excursions in Jamaica, just took a walk onto the enclosed area. Since we were in Falmouth, I do not do buses or care to travel an hour to get to Montego Bay or Ocho Rios.

Here is a shot taken from our balcony:

_DSC0256.jpg?t=1341315399

Leaving Jamaica, on our way to Cozumel.

_DSC0225.jpg?t=1341315370

We were really looking forward to Cozumel, as son and I booked the America's Cup Yacht Race in the morning, then planned to hook up with DW at noon (Coz time) one o'clock ship time to begin our tour with our private driver.

Docking at Cozumel.

This turned out to be one of my favorite ports. I did a lot of research, but, no matter how much you do, you never get the whole picture.

They put together a pretty nice port, you can see Senior Frogs center of the picture.

_DSC0324.jpg?t=1341335678

Wow - great photos - can't believe this ship, it has everything.

Just wondering with your suite, was it a double and then a sofa bed for your son? The suite looks very roomy

Can't wait to read and see more of your review and photos.

We are now on a boat taking us out to our sailing yacht.

We did this excursion a couple of years ago in St. Martin and loved it. Two sailing yachts, real race, you work as the crew ..... as before, there was Stars N Stripes (USA) and True Norht (Canada). We had a group, large family, that had to be split up. Those that came with us opted for True North, which is what we wanted, as we had sailed her before and won.

_DSC0176.jpg?t=1341314512

Sails up, waiting for the race to start. They have a boat with a judge, he puts up a flag, let's you know 6 minutes to start, you must time your boat to go through the start buoys after the 6 minutes, so you tack around trying to hit the start at good speed right at zero on the clock.

Better said than done.

00_DSC0146.jpg?t=1341314967

Throughout the race, you set sails, get the wind, then sit back for a while. This was one of those times.

_DSC0129.jpg?t=1341314944

But, when it comes time to change direction, move the sails, ropes, and other sailing gizmos, it gets pretty intense.

From that last picture, I see our competition is "Stars & Stripes", NOT Stars N Stripes, so let's correct that right now.

Here S&S takes the lead. We were not very happy with this.

00_DSC0159.jpg?t=1341314975

Archived