Oasis June 23, 2012 Review, long, with pictures

Globe & Atlas, kinda English drinking bar. Had a guitar player, lots of sing alongs on our cruise, rather humorous when a bunch of drunks get handed a couple of tamborines and start singing.

_DSC0204.jpg?t=1341253498

Oh, Yeah,

Check out the TVs. This was a regular stop at 6 and 7 in the AM after getting my coffee in the Cafe Promenade. Both TVs were tuned into ESPN live, sound up loud so you could catch up on sports every day.

Phillies sucked during the cruise, still do now:

_DSC0233.jpg?t=1341255391

I don't think the Phillies will be playing when I am on my Oasis cruise :(

Would have been brutal if this was the Explorere out of Bayonne .... tons of Mets, Yankees, Red Sox fans on that cruise.

_DSC0080.jpg?t=1341255379

Would have been brutal if this was the Explorere out of Bayonne .... tons of Mets, Yankees, Red Sox fans on that cruise.

_DSC0080.jpg?t=1341255379

Actually, I won't cruise out of Bayonne even though we could drive to port... because I don't want to sail with so many Yankees and Giants fans ( NY Football giants);):p My daughter is considering a school in Philly, so I may have to learn to like the Phillies;) BTW the Red Sox aren't so hot either:(

Your son appears to be a teen, did he get involved much with the teen stuff? My girls are trying to decide what to do, one will be 18 and one 16, so they are wondering if it's worth it to go to any of the events.

Great review, great photos, can't wait to sail Allure in April, looking forward to the rest!

Thanks for the great review so far.... Do you know what is beyond the glass doors (below the rock climbing wall) on deck 6 shown in this picture?

Restrooms :p I make it my personal objective to find every women's room on a ship! ;)

Enjoying your review; looking forward to more!

Thanks for the great review so far.... Do you know what is beyond the glass doors (below the rock climbing wall) on deck 6 shown in this picture?

If I remember correctly, there are restrooms beyond the glass doors. I was on the Allure in January (never on Oasis).

WOW...just loving your pics and review!!!

We'll be on the Oasis in March 2013 in a Junior Suite on Deck 8 and I was wondering which JS you were in? It sure will be handy to the Rising Tide Bar and the Park Cafe!

Can't WAIT til we cruise!

Gail

Comet Cruiser

Actually, I won't cruise out of Bayonne even though we could drive to port... because I don't want to sail with so many Yankees and Giants fans ( NY Football giants);):p My daughter is considering a school in Philly, so I may have to learn to like the Phillies;) BTW the Red Sox aren't so hot either:(

Your son appears to be a teen, did he get involved much with the teen stuff? My girls are trying to decide what to do, one will be 18 and one 16, so they are wondering if it's worth it to go to any of the events.

Great review, great photos, can't wait to sail Allure in April, looking forward to the rest!

Son is 15, did not do any of the teen activities, so cannot comment.

You can learn to dislike the Phillies and the Eagles.

Great review so far - thanks so much. Do you have menus and Compasses by any chance?

Meredith

Let's talk food and activities.

I am a meat, potatoes, philly cheesesteak kinda guy. You could fry a rock in butter and garlic, and I could eat it. So, when it came to eating in the MDR, never concerned about what would be on the menu, so, no, did not keep any of the menus.

Almost every night, DS (140 pounds) would order a Caesar salad, 2 appetizers, and 2 dinners. I was usually 2 apps and 2 dinners, and I found the food to be exceptionally good. Most eveneings, I suggest getting the chef's recommendation, and something else you like. They are happy to bring it on. We had the most fantastic waitress, Maribell. She was unbelievable.

In past cruises, we had groups of 20, had great seats next to the window. This cruise, only 3 of us, sat with a Pittsburgh family, husband, wife, DD 20 and DD17. Fantastic family, only bad thing about them is they were from Pittsburgh. We had a great time with them

Our table was very close to the kitchen, which worked out well, as Maribell was always right there, and took great care of us.

Similar for the compasses, I hardly read them. There were so many activities, the compasses were pages long. The only activities that we participated in during the day was a trivia contest, and one day my son went to the belly flop contest.

For the evening, we would scan it to see what was going on in the various bars, jazz band, RCI orchestra, guitar players, etc in the various bars, we would just note what times, and check them out.

Also, just about every night, we had scheduled the shows in the Opal theater and the Aqua theater, so, there was more than enought to do.

The Solarium is for age 16 and over, very front of the ship, decks 15 and 16. This is where we spent our days.

_DSC0254.jpg?t=1341395681

This is the main pool:

_DSC0330.jpg?t=1341395718

Also, right behind the Solarium were two pools. Port side fresh water, Starboard salt water, so, if you wanted to hop in one of the main pools, just a short walk away.

Archived