Oasis June 23, 2012 Review, long, with pictures

What can I say but WOW.

You have done a spectacular job with this review.

I am booked on September 1st Oasis Cruise but now I feel like I have already been :-)

The Aqua Suite looks fantastic.

Did anyone get any pictures of the open deck above the Aqua Suite balcony on deck 12? I believe it is a balcony area that is open to everyone.

Once again thanks for the review and the pictures.

Thanks for the wonderful review and pictures. They are truly amazing!

I'd like to know if your son didn't go to any teens' program, what did he usually do on board? Did he stay with you or your wife most of the time or did you allow him to go on his own around the ship? Did you rent those iPhones on board?

Well, he could do anything he wanted.

Most of the time he was with us, sometimes we bored him, and he went elsewhere, usually back to the room.

During the day, he went to some of the functions that I had no interest, like the belly flop contest, video taped it.

Between the three of us, we all did what we wanted, went where we wanted, but, for the most part, our beach head was the solarium, and we would always be able to hook up there.

And no, we never did phones or walkie talkies. At the beginning, we agreed that on the half hours, we would all meet at the pool bar, so, if no one was there at 11:30, check back at noon, 12:30. etc.

But, the solarium was our place every day.

Well, he could do anything he wanted.

Between the three of us, we all did what we wanted, went where we wanted, but, for the most part, our beach head was the solarium, and we would always be able to hook up there.

And no, we never did phones or walkie talkies. At the beginning, we agreed that on the half hours, we would all meet at the pool bar, so, if no one was there at 11:30, check back at noon, 12:30. etc.

But, the solarium was our place every day.

Do they check people's age (16+) to enter the Solarium? I think it's a great idea to touch base every half hour to whole hour. Thanks for the idea.

Do your research about the ship and your ports of call.

As for the trivial stuff, food, activities, don't even give it a thought. It will all come together.

That's exactly what I'm doing - trying to learn all about the ship and our ports of call which will be the same as yours. Thankfully we are going with a group of friends, so everyone is helping with research.

This will be our first western caribbean itinerary. Can you tell me if "usually" the ship docks on the port side or the starboard side in these western caribbean ports?

Oasis and Allure are set up for docking on the Starboard side, which it will do probably 90% of the time.

They will dock on the port side when they need to do liferaft drills on that side, which is not very often.

That's exactly what I'm doing - trying to learn all about the ship and our ports of call which will be the same as yours. Thankfully we are going with a group of friends, so everyone is helping with research.

Having sailed with groups of 20, FWIW, I suggest that you do your research and do what you want to do. Do not go with a group mentality that everybody has to do the same things.

For example, my son and I booked a sailing and snorkeling excursion in St. Thomas on one cruise. DW, I think she stayed on the ship. I told everyone that I found this excursion, that is what DS and I were doing.

When we got to the sailboat, 10 others from our group booked it, had a fantastic time.

OTOH, a group booked a tour on St. Martin, and we agreed to go along with that. First stop was shopping in the equivalent of a dollar store ..... women spent over an hour in there buying junk:confused:, while I sat in the van drinking beer. Would much have rather been drinking beer on a beautiful beach!:rolleyes:

Live and learn.

I do suggest that your group get fixed time dining in the MDR as the one activity that everyone can get together regularly and share their experiences of the day, as well as discuss plans for the evening and next day.

When we got there, Steve and his crew were there, getting ready to leave.

Great minds think alike!

In this pic, Alberto is on the left, and Steve knew him from prior visits.

_DSC0253.jpg?t=1341317290

Hey it's Alberto! We toured with him during our Liberty cruise in March. Had a great time and we're booked with him again in September when we sail the Allure. Great guide. We have the same plans as you- far side of the island plus a drop off at Mr. Sancho's. Thanks for sharing your photos, I'm enjoying your review :)

Hey it's Alberto! We toured with him during our Liberty cruise in March. Had a great time and we're booked with him again in September when we sail the Allure. Great guide. We have the same plans as you- far side of the island plus a drop off at Mr. Sancho's. Thanks for sharing your photos, I'm enjoying your review :)

Alberto was great.

Our day in Coz might just be my all time favorite island.

Plenty of time, we got to do the America's Cup Yacht Race in the morning, probably one of my all time favorite excursions.

Then the East side of the island ...... beautiful, some great bars, had a great lunch.

Finished at Mr. Sanchos, where I lost my drivers license and sea pass, which is probably somewhere at the bottom of the Gulf of Mexico.

What fun when I got back to customs, reached into my pocket, no ID, no credit cards, no sea pass.:eek:

I have not even started.

Well, hopefully I can get going on this tonight. Have a couple of things here at work, so let's test it out, here is the itinerary:

CruiseSchedule.jpg?t=1341336597 I see your itinterary here. We have late seating in November. Do they have showtimes for hairspray and other shows before the late seating? We were hoping to see the show then dinner then whatever. Sometimes after we eat we end up falling asleep we are so full. We thought late seating may be better. Have never tried it before.

Thanks

I see your itinterary here. We have late seating in November. Do they have showtimes for hairspray and other shows before the late seating? We were hoping to see the show then dinner then whatever. Sometimes after we eat we end up falling asleep we are so full. We thought late seating may be better. Have never tried it before.

Thanks

I will be doing a review of the entertainment soon.

Below are some of the links that I found helpful.

To answer your question, of course they will have all of the shows to accomodate the late seating.

Check out the link to entertainment to see how you will be able to reserve your shows:

Oasis Entertainment

Deck Plans

Thread with compasses

Drink menu

Labadee map

Jamaica Map

Cozumel Map

Cozumel Driver for the day

Cozumel 12 Metre America's Cup Regatta - CZP9

Archived