Oasis June 23, 2012 Review, long, with pictures

Thanks for posting about them checking ages for the Solarium. I was wondering about this. I think I may want to hang out here and let DD check in with us in the Soloarium. :D

It is not like you have a guard at the entrances or have to swipe a card, anyone can enter at any time.

I have seen when some young teenagers decided to enter the solarium on the Explorere and do cannon balls in the pool that security came pretty quickly and removed them.

Johneeo, this is a great review. I have seen a lot of photos of the Oasis, but never the angles that you have posted. Outstanding job as usual! I will have to try this ship out.

Eric

Eric,

Some pix came out, some didn't, like formal night:confused: Oh well.

Well, I am sure we shall be doing this again, maybe June next year, maybe June in 2 years (not my decision:rolleyes:), maybe we shall meet again.

Do they check people's age (16+) to enter the Solarium? I think it's a great idea to touch base every half hour to whole hour. Thanks for the idea.

Thanks for posting about them checking ages for the Solarium. I was wondering about this. I think I may want to hang out here and let DD check in with us in the Soloarium. :D

Yeah, but as someone without kids who specifically goes to the Solarium to avoid your kids... please make sure they behave or move to the family area, please.

I have been in the Solarium and a group of kids would come running in, squealing (like normal kids, not monsters) and yell "Mom! We're checking in" and then storm out again. Another 20-30 minutes later, they'd charge back in and repeat.

If they need to check in that often... you need to be WITH THEM. They are your responsibility.

Here is my review of the entertainment on the ship. Just my opinions.

Anyone else that has sailed on the Oasis, this would be a good time to add your two cents.

Hairspray: Many people that I spoke with on our cruise enjoyed Hairspray. To me, it was absolute torture. I did not like the music, the costumes, the sets, the story line, the dancing. Hated it.

Oasis of Dreams: Very good. It had a lot to offer besides diving .... acrobats, trampolines, gymnastics ... and if you do not want to get wet, avoid the first 3 rows. I would say this is a must see.

Frozen in Time: The ice show, but more than an ice show. The skaters were very good, lots of sets, lots of maneuvers, jumps, spins, very impressive. However, there is a sand artist, that I will not even try to explain. This is a performance that you will remember for the rest of your life, absolutely one of the most incredible performances you will ever see anywhere. This is another must see.

The Headliner: I forget his name, but it was a ventriloquist with some puppets. I would rate it as just OK, if you have something better to do, you might consider skipping this one.

Come Fly with Me: Good, I found it interesting, with lots of activity and aerial stunts. I recommend it.

In addition to the above, Dazzles, Globe & Atlas, Central Park, Jazz on 4, Viking Crown Lounge had live entertainment that we checked out. I am sure there were other places that we missed.

At the top of the list was the most incredible guitar player in Central Park. He was tremendous, very talented. The other places were fine, not knock your socks off, but nevertheless, enjoyable.

Again, feel free to add your opinions of the entertainment, I know I would be interested and so would others.

I will be doing a review of the entertainment soon.

Below are some of the links that I found helpful.

To answer your question, of course they will have all of the shows to accomodate the late seating.

Check out the link to entertainment to see how you will be able to reserve your shows:

Oasis Entertainment

Deck Plans

Thread with compasses

Drink menu

Labadee map

Jamaica Map

Cozumel Map

Cozumel Driver for the day

Cozumel 12 Metre America's Cup Regatta - CZP9

I am looking forward to your review. Need all the info I can get to plan for November.

Thanks

Thanks for a great review. We leave on Saturday on the Oasis so I am loving your pictures!

Thanx, pretty sure I will not be done by the time you board.

You will have a great time, here is one picture of our encounter with a raft in the middle of the sea:

_DSC0399.jpg?t=1341316226

Pretty wild, getting dressed for dinner at about 5 PM, look out our balcony window, the ship is not moving, and here comes this paddling by.

More on this later.

Thanks for taking the time to do this! Was the Globe and Atlas smoking or non, please? And how often was the guitar player in Central Park, afternoons, evenings, ?

G & A non smoking.

Guitar player, I think he was Vietnamese, played in the evenings. We saw him at the beginning of the cruise, told our table mates later in the cruise to check him out, but, another stringed group was playing that night.

Also, right behind the Solarium were two pools. Port side fresh water, Starboard salt water, so, if you wanted to hop in one of the main pools, just a short walk away.

Oh yay!!! I'm so happy to know there's a fresh water pool. Up to now, it's only Princess that has them and for me it makes all the difference in the world. One tiny drop of that salt water and my eyes sting for the rest of the day. Woohoo!! Mama's going swimming.

Thank you so much for this review and all your pictures. I'm SO excited to go on this ship now. We're sailing in December. It's a bonus trip because we usually just go in March. I think this won't be our last trip though. You could do this trip over and over. Oh Captain Steve I bet you know about that!! ;)

It is not like you have a guard at the entrances or have to swipe a card, anyone can enter at any time.

I have seen when some young teenagers decided to enter the solarium on the Explorere and do cannon balls in the pool that security came pretty quickly and removed them.

Believer me, no one will be doing any canonballs in the Oasis or Allure Solarium pool! It's just an oversized hot tub -- minus the hot!! Standing room only.

G & A non smoking.

Guitar player, I think he was Vietnamese, played in the evenings. We saw him at the beginning of the cruise, told our table mates later in the cruise to check him out, but, another stringed group was playing that night.

The guitar play was named Segundo and they kept moving him from venue to venue. He was at Central Park, then one of the evening venues, then the Promanade....just check the Compass and you'll find him! :D

I should have know that we couldn't have at least one thread without someone telling others either how to dress or raise their kids.

Ship policy. No one under 16. I love that policy. It makes my vacation 100x better.

This is so late in the review to be asking, so I apologize. But were there people swimming at Adrenaline Beach on Labadee (the beach that the zipline hangs over)? The maps I've seen seem to say that we can't swim there, but I want to be sure.

Thanks and thanks for taking time to put together this review and answer questions! :)

This is so late in the review to be asking, so I apologize. But were there people swimming at Adrenaline Beach on Labadee (the beach that the zipline hangs over)? The maps I've seen seem to say that we can't swim there, but I want to be sure.

Thanks and thanks for taking time to put together this review and answer questions! :)

I can't recall people swimming at Adrenalin Beach any time that we have been to Labadee. I don't think that standing in the water near the shore would be an issue but I am not sure about this matter.

First, it is never to late to pose a question here. I am sure that others are reading, and might have a good answer, at any time.

From what I saw, the beach on the side with the zip line was not a good beach for swimming, lots of rocks and coral. Maybe there was some part that was OK, but I do not know.

Maybe someone else could give better info. Also, you might want to post this on the Private Island board, Labadee.

Awesome review!! Your Explorer review convinced me we had made the right choice, and we had a great cruise on Ex. Booked the same excursion in St. Thomas thanks to you and it was the best snorkelling excursion we had ever been on.

This review is making me want to go on the Oasis, which I had previously discounted as "too big". Unfortunately right now the price IS too big. I'd never do it without my kids and with six people, Oasis and Allure are out of our price range.:(

Thanks for another great review-your pictures are stunning and you have a great way of letting people know what they need to know in an honest fashion.

Great review. This is making me VERY excited for my cruise coming up in Sept. I think that you have also talked me into the America's cup race. Looks like a good time.

Thanks!

First, it is never to late to pose a question here. I am sure that others are reading, and might have a good answer, at any time.

From what I saw, the beach on the side with the zip line was not a good beach for swimming, lots of rocks and coral. Maybe there was some part that was OK, but I do not know.

Maybe someone else could give better info. Also, you might want to post this on the Private Island board, Labadee.

Last year, my husband and his friend decided to play volleyball in the sports area. Us girls decided we would swim right there on adrenaline beach since others were there. Ouch! Not a good idea! When the guys later joined us, my husband dropped his sunglasses and we had to walk around and look for them. Our feet got really torn up by the rocks and stuff.

I can't recall people swimming at Adrenalin Beach any time that we have been to Labadee. I don't think that standing in the water near the shore would be an issue but I am not sure about this matter.

Last year, my husband and his friend decided to play volleyball in the sports area. Us girls decided we would swim right there on adrenaline beach since others were there. Ouch! Not a good idea! When the guys later joined us, my husband dropped his sunglasses and we had to walk around and look for them. Our feet got really torn up by the rocks and stuff.

Thanks everyone! I think we'll stick to Nellie's Beach or Columbus Cove. I prefer to swim in the ocean where there's waves, but I don't particularly want to be limping around due to hurt feet the rest of the cruise! I appreciate the insight!

Again, thanks for the review!

Awesome review!! Your Explorer review convinced me we had made the right choice, and we had a great cruise on Ex. Booked the same excursion in St. Thomas thanks to you and it was the best snorkelling excursion we had ever been on.

Thanks for another great review-your pictures are stunning and you have a great way of letting people know what they need to know in an honest fashion.

CC has helped me in so many ways. If not for CC, I would never have known about the private driver in Cozumel, and many other things.

So, just trying to provide some info that others might find useful, nice to know that you enjoyed the sail and snorkel in St. Thomas, which ranks up there with my favorite excursions.

I find that if you do the research for a cruise, you cannot help but to have a great time.

Archived