Will Carnival Lift the Occupancy Restriction???

Good morning all!!!

We are a little more than 7 weeks out for our cruise on the Magic and we currently have 3 balconies in a row on Upper Deck. Now, we booked another room Sunday (3 people), and the PVP was hesitant to even ask Carnival about lifting the occupancy restriction since the 4th balcony in line was for 4 occupancy. Granted, the room they ended up getting is the one next to the 4 occupany, we just hoped we could have all 4 rooms together.....

My question is, if the 4 occupancy room is still not reserved let's say a month or 3 weeks out, do you think Carnival would lift the occupancy restriction so we can have all 4 of our rooms together?

Thanks.

I think you have a good chance of being able to keep the cabin. Not that many people book this close to a cruise date. I will keep my fingers crossed for you.:o

Well right now the Quad cabin is in between us. I am wondering if Carnival would entertain lifting the restriction on the Quad to allow our group of 3 to take it. This would give us 4 balconies in a row!!!

Well right now the Quad cabin is in between us. I am wondering if Carnival would entertain lifting the restriction on the Quad to allow our group of 3 to take it. This would give us 4 balconies in a row!!!

Did you call and ask?

The PVP said it was "pointless" since it's a new ship, but I think a call is definitely in order. As it stands right now, there are 10 quad balconies on Upper Deck alone for our sailing.....

I would book it ....take the chance....worse case scenario, is you get moved...can't hurt to try.

you should have the room changed to have the 4th one in a row, and tell the PVP that they can call you to find out a new stateroom if someone with a quad books it.

this is why dealing with a TA is so much better. PVPs work for Carnival and have Carnival's interests first (money). TAs work for you and have your interests first (to earn YOUR money). the TA could have gotten you the four in a row, because she can book directly into the system.

I would book it ....take the chance....worse case scenario, is you get moved...can't hurt to try.

Somehow I don't think you are reading what the OP is posting!!!!! He said he COULDN"T BOOK IT with the PVP. He already corrected your earlier post saying he had to book with one cabin in between.

OP,

I'm sorry you aren't able to get what you wanted, but perhaps checking again in a week or so, you will be able to. Good luck.

you should have the room changed to have the 4th one in a row, and tell the PVP that they can call you to find out a new stateroom if someone with a quad books it.

this is why dealing with a TA is so much better. PVPs work for Carnival and have Carnival's interests first (money). TAs work for you and have your interests first (to earn YOUR money). the TA could have gotten you the four in a row, because she can book directly into the system.

This is not true. We booked our December cruise through a TA and ran into the same problem. We had 2 people and the balcony next in line was a triple. She could not assign that cabin to them. She had to take the next one down. We were sitting right by here when she was doing this so I know it's true. I have found, however, when booking yourself online you are able to book a quad with 2 people in it. Maybe the OP should try that route.

If they were able to figure out a way to book the quad by trying some of the suggestions it may end up causing more trouble. If Carnival ends up needing the quad, they will be bumped out of it and may end up in a totally different area of the ship. Right now there is only a 1 room separation. I would think it would be best to wait it out until closer to sailing and hope for the best. If not, then they are still only one room away.

Archived