The EPIC Adventure of a Solo Fashionista

lara_lox

Thank you once again for all the nice comments everyone, I'm really glad you enjoyed it.

Just wanted to let you know that I actually saved all my dailies and brought them home with me so when I get chance over the next few days I will try to scan them in and post them for everyone to see. See, I'm nice really!

Now I've come to the end of my review I actually feel a little sad, my holiday really is over and I'm getting nostalgic already! Oh well, I guess there is only one thing to do...PLAN ANOTHER CRUISE! :D

Thanks for sharing and taking time to write another enjoyable read. I caught your review of your cruise on the Jade.

Enjoy your next cruise.

Thanks for your fabulous review! I have spent most of my day (when i am meant to be cleaning the house ,doing the laundry and all sorts of other mundane things) reading about your 3 adventures! I am now inspired to travel solo myself as it is a 'bucket list" item! :)

Lara,

Thanks for the review... I'll be on the Epic in a month, also traveling solo, and after reading your reviews I can't wait.

Though I will have to read your Jade review too, since my parents are talking about doing that one next year and I may be able to join them, but after the whole studio lounge concept I'm not sure I'd have as much fun on a different ship.

On a side note, I'm boarding in Rome (instead of Barcelona)... did the new arrivals also find it easy to integrate with the Solos from Barcelona?

Thanks and keep cruising and posting reviews :)

Hi Laura, great review....i was on the same cruise and ye all semed to be enjoying yourselves in the lounge every eve, i was staying in 11516 right by the lounge door

Edited by Keith.W

Lara in the Studio Lounge was there anyone to help you book dinner or shows ?

Nope! I think that would be something the Solos Host could probably do but as I mentioned, the one we had was rubbish! But you can book both dinner and shows on your TV in your studio, or go to the bookings desk.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for sharing! I was on this itinerary with my family in May, but it was interesting to hear the perspective of a solo cruiser. I wasn't impressed with Richard as Cruise Director at all, but overall really enjoyed the ship. Looking forward to your future reviews!

Thanks Lara for a great review! You are a snappy dresser! HA!

It sure makes me want to cruise the Epic.... I wish the Epic didn't go to Nassau when over here doing the Caribbean....I'll probably never make it to the Mediterranean!

Lara,

I loved reading your review. Although I live in Canada I am originally from just outside of Manchester so I found it very refreshing to read this with an english flair to it. I looked at the Epic but then decided on the Oasis of the seas and I am going solo for the first time at the end of September. I am so excited but also a little nervous being on my own, I am a 62 year (young) widow so not sure what to expect. I am looking forward to doing what I want when I want to, but also want to meet new people.

I loved the fashion show every day, while it is really nice to see pictures of the ship and ports, I loved seeing all the pictures of you and your new friends. As a few others have already said you are very pretty. I am already planning what to wear each day and night on the ship.

Cheers and happy cruising...

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone! Just thought you might like to know I'm currently in the process of planning my second Epic trip! I enjoyed this cruise on her so much that I decided to go back :D So in January I will be doing my biggest solo trip to date - I'm spending a few days on Miami South Beach before boarding the Epic. It will be interesting to see how I find the ship second time around and also see how a Caribbean cruise compares to a Mediterranean one. Fingers crossed I will have just as good a time, though I am a little nervous because I will be pushed further out my comfort zone with long lay-over flights/solo time on land etc.

As always I will be making notes to write another blog when I return to tell you all about it :) And of course I will have my outfits to show you, that's my next challenge, what to wear in the US and Caribbean?! Watch this space...

Which sail date are you looking at in January? I am sailing on the 26th. We have a great roll call going.

I'm going on the one the week before, the 19th, so I will be getting off as you embark so I will just miss you! My roll call has really quietened down

• 1 month later...

Great review! I'm 46 and have traveled the world. I have never been on a cruise, except for a scuba diving cruise. I found the Epic online while searching for solo cruising. I know nothing about cruising so this has been very informative!

I booked a cruise in a solo stateroom for Jan 5! I'm looking forward to it. And this review makes me more anxious to go.

BTW, Lara, I know a little about South Beach. You will like it there. Thanks for the review!

Great review! I'm 46 and have traveled the world. I have never been on a cruise, except for a scuba diving cruise. I found the Epic online while searching for solo cruising. I know nothing about cruising so this has been very informative!

I booked a cruise in a solo stateroom for Jan 5! I'm looking forward to it. And this review makes me more anxious to go.

BTW, Lara, I know a little about South Beach. You will like it there. Thanks for the review!

Thanks! I'm glad it helped and I'm not surprised you're excited with only 2 days to go! Please do come back and tell everyone how you found your first cruise, I hope you have a great time :D 2 weeks for me now, I can't wait!

Please feel free to join our roll call: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1574036

We have a pretty active roll call and several things planned along with an official NCL Meet & Greet.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Lara-Lox! I just saw your post above that you will be doing another blog after this trip, the Epic from a Caribbean perspective. I enjoyed this one very much also. I am looking forward to a cruise on Epic in November. A long wait, so other folks reviews do keep me going.:)

Have a great cruise!

Edited by SMSACE6