Summit Formal nights??

MontiD

This is our first cruise in Alaska (Celebrity-Summit Southbound). I'd like to experience formal night, but hubby is already grumbling about having to dress up. If I offer to meet him half way on this..being I get to do one formal night and he can pick where to eat during the other formal night, which night would be preferrable to experience the formal atmosphere? Is there a difference between the 2 (only 2 on our 7 night cruise)?

I'd suggest going to the first, with the idea that you might persuade him to go to the second as well. Dressing up in a suit isn't that difficult and he might find out that he doesn't mind, especially if you have a table with interesting people.

We were on our first cruise with SUMMIT last July in Alaska. My 21yr old son grumbled about the "dressing up" before we went, but after our first fabulous dinner, superb service, and lots of fun, he never made another peep. In the end , I would say he really enjoyed the formality of the night & looking so nice. He just brought a dark suit and wore it on both formal nights with a white shirt/tie. On our one informal night he wore it with a fancy collarless T....A WONDERFUL trip!:)

How nice that you're willing to compromise- good marriage skills!

But I agree with everyone else that I'd probably want to go to both, and wonder whether there's another way to compromise, i.e. he goes to both formal nights, (in a suit, not a tux, if that's o.k. with you) and you let him take you on the whitewater rafting trip at Mendenhall Glacier, for example, or he gets to pick the shore excursions in Skagway. Or even that you'll pay for the couple's Rasul treatment at the spa for the both of you! Now there's a win-win negotiation! Ask anyone who's done the Rasul!

We had such a great Alaska cruise on the Infinity, and liked our tablemates so much that we never even got to the specialty restaurant because we didn't want to miss dinner in the dining room.

But have fun whatever you two decide!

We had such a great Alaska cruise on the Infinity, and liked our tablemates so much that we never even got to the specialty restaurant because we didn't want to miss dinner in the dining room.

Blazer Boy, NO SPECIALTY RESTAURANT? ARE YOU NUTS? You're killing me.

The SS United States is my favorite place in the world!!!! The meal I had there last April was the best meal I've ever had in my life. Yes, in my life. I still dream about it. The Chocolate Souffle was to die for.

Also it was there for the first time I met Mari and we have become very good freinds. It was truly a memorable ocassion.

I can't believe you passed it up.

Anne Maria

Blazer Boy, NO SPECIALTY RESTAURANT? ARE YOU NUTS? You're killing me.

The SS United States is my favorite place in the world!!!! The meal I had there last April was the best meal I've ever had in my life. Yes, in my life. I still dream about it. The Chocolate Souffle was to die for.

Also it was there for the first time I met Mari and we have become very good freinds. It was truly a memorable ocassion.

I can't believe you passed it up.

Anne Maria

Hi Anne Maria,

I have to agree with you. The SS United States was awesome. The 2 bottles of wine that my Dad and I consumed were also great. Of course meeting you, Frank and Anthony was just the perfect topping to a great evening.

I'm trying to find a cruise for next May. It's our "25th" Anniversary on the 16th, the day after your birthday. I may have to jump ship (LOL), and try either Oceania or Princess. I'm still working on it. Any cruising plans for 2006?

I wish we can find a cruise for all of us!

Wishing you a wonderful Birthday, and many more...icon7.gif

Love,

Mari

Hi Mari,

Yes, that's right I knew that you had your Anniversary coming up since my birthday is Sunday.

Thanks so much for the birthday wishes. Happy Anniversary to you and your husband.

Nothing for 2006 yet. We are waiting ANXIOUSLY for Celebrity to release Constellation's schedule AND PRICES before we decide.

I wish they would release everything at once and not keep us hanging.

Someday I will be on a cruise for my birthday. Maybe my 50th - YIKES!!!! I don't know if I ever want to be 50!!! --- :p

Talk to you soon.

Love,

Anne Maria

Someday I will be on a cruise for my birthday. Maybe my 50th - YIKES!!!! I don't know if I ever want to be 50!!! --- :p

Anne Maria

Anne Maria,

50 isn't so bad... It certainly beats the alternative.

Age is a state of mind, so don't worry

~ you'll be forever young.

Love,

Mari

Yes, Mari and Anne Marie, I love the specialty restaurants, too! But on that cruise, the table really was that fabulous, and no one else was going, so...

Next up (after next week, that is :D ) is the Infinity for my birthday, and, yes, we'll dine in the Specialty Rest. that night- funny enough, my favorite thing is the cheese course, but that's my true weakness. Cheese souffle is pretty great too.

:) Hi folks...I must agree with Mari:D the NEXT birthday is ALWAYS better than the alternative!

Dad will be 84 in July and he is still playing raquetball and golf every week!

Anyway, Mari and I are going to the Normandie in October:)

To be honest, I never thought I would want to try those restaurants.....but when I was on Constellation in Dec there was a group of 10 from these boards and we all went together. I must admit.......it was FABULOUS! It was worth every penney!

I know alot of people have different opinions and that is what makes the world go round but I loved those cheeses in between too!!!

Archived