Bringing Wine on board

We were last on RCL in 2011 and left from Italy for a Med cruise and they were allowing you to bring bottles of wine aboard. I'm not sure when they started strict enforcement but I suspect they will end up losing other passengers besides me over it.

Yes, we are D+ as well. I always look forward to our bottle of red zinfindel and the cocktail hour. Absolutely no need to smuggle. Maybe those who do should focus more of their time on gaining status and less on cleaning out listerine bottles!

Excuse me?

Maybe the purpose of a cruise is to have a nice time, and not gaining status. Whatever that means.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm seriously considering cruising with RCCL. I've been trying my best all day to research all information so I won't drive you guys crazy by asking question that can be found by simply using the search option. I'm really stuck on this one about bringing wine on board. To me, it seems like the guideline are saying it's ok as long as it's not consumed in a public area..Am I just exausted and cross eyes...do you guys interpret something different? :confused: Thank for your help. P.S..It won't make or break my decision to sail with RCCL. I just like a special kind of wine that's usually not available for purchase on the ship.:)

Copied and pasted from RCCL site: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqSubjectName=Food+%26+Beverage&faqId=260&faqSubjectId=336&faqType=faq

Guests are not allowed to bring beer, hard liquor or non-alcoholic beverages onboard for consumption or any other use. Guests wishing to bring personal wine and champagne onboard may do so only on boarding day, limited to two (2) 750 ml bottles per stateroom. When consumed in any public area, each bottle shall be subject to a corkage fee of $25.00. Additional bottles of wine beyond two (2) bottles that are brought onboard or any alcoholic beverages purchased in ports-of-call or from Shops On Board will be stored by the ship and delivered to your stateroom on the last day of the sailing. Alcoholic beverages seized on embarkation day will not be returned.

I'm seriously considering cruising with RCCL. I've been trying my best all day to research all information so I won't drive you guys crazy by asking question that can be found by simply using the search option. I'm really stuck on this one about bringing wine on board. To me, it seems like the guideline are saying it's ok as long as it's not consumed in a public area..Am I just exausted and cross eyes...do you guys interpret something different? :confused: Thank for your help.

Copied and pasted from RCCL site: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqSubjectName=Food+%26+Beverage&faqId=260&faqSubjectId=336&faqType=faq

Guests are not allowed to bring beer, hard liquor or non-alcoholic beverages onboard for consumption or any other use. Guests wishing to bring personal wine and champagne onboard may do so only on boarding day, limited to two (2) 750 ml bottles per stateroom. When consumed in any public area, each bottle shall be subject to a corkage fee of $25.00. Additional bottles of wine beyond two (2) bottles that are brought onboard or any alcoholic beverages purchased in ports-of-call or from Shops On Board will be stored by the ship and delivered to your stateroom on the last day of the sailing. Alcoholic beverages seized on embarkation day will not be returned.

Royal Caribbean just recently changed their policy on bringing wine onboard (November 1st to be exact). Each stateroom is allowed 2 bottles. If you consume the wine in your stateroom, there is no charge. If you decide to take the bottle to the dining room or bar, you will be charged a $25 corkage fee.

Hope this clears it up for you.

Royal Caribbean just recently changed their policy on bringing wine onboard (November 1st to be exact). Each stateroom is allowed 2 bottles. If you consume the wine in your stateroom, there is no charge. If you decide to take the bottle to the dining room or bar, you will be charged a $25 corkage fee.

Hope this clears it up for you.

Thank you. Yes it does. I guess reading the thread and my eyes crossing I was doubting myself. I'm an NCL gal and they charge a corkage fee of $15.00 for every bottle of wine you bring on board, so this is definitely a treat.

One more question, please. Do you happen to know an estimate price of the soda/water package? I haven't been able to find that in the faq's, or package advertisements.

I am confused...As of 11/1/12 RCCL does allow 2 bottles of wine (carry on) per stateroom. There is a thread for this...I even called RCCL and was told "yes" the policy has changed and we can carry on two bottles now...I need to know if this has changed back.....CONFUSED

I am confused...As of 11/1/12 RCCL does allow 2 bottles of wine (carry on) per stateroom. There is a thread for this...I even called RCCL and was told "yes" the policy has changed and we can carry on two bottles now...I need to know if this has changed back.....CONFUSED

if you look at the original date of this thread, it's July.. back then you could not. as of of a week ago( 1 November 2012) Royal amended their stance.

hence the confuzzlement.

The new wine policy was finally posted on the US website too:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&snav=2&faqId=260&faqSubjectId=333&faqSubjectName=Onboard+Policies&faqType=faq

Archived