Bringing Wine on board

I quit cruising on Royal years ago because of their policy regarding bringing wine on board. Has their policy changed at all? I have been cruising on Princess which allows you to bring a few bottles of wine on board. I would go back to Royal if their policy has changed at all.

Sorry but "No". We did try to take a small bottle of wine on Royal last New Year's cruise and it was taken from us and left in our stateroom the "morning" we were getting off the ship. We were going directly to the airport so we left the bottle of wine in the room since our luggage was picked up the night before and we couldn't take it on airplane. Hopefully, the room steward enjoyed it..

kind of weird that someone will spend lots of $$$$$$ to cruise but won't pick a cruiseline because they cannot bring a $25 bottle of wine with them.
I don't find it weird at all. On a lot of the South America & Europe cruises you can purchase some wonderful wines that folks might want to enjoy on their Balcony.

kind of weird that someone will spend lots of $$$$$$ to cruise but won't pick a cruiseline because they cannot bring a $25 bottle of wine with them.

I don't find it weird at all. On a lot of the South America & Europe cruises you can purchase some wonderful wines that folks might want to enjoy on their Balcony.

That would be the time to cruise with Holland America Line. They allow you to bring on as much wine as you wish --Comsumption, of said wine, in dining areas requires paying "corkage fee".

Ray in NH

Celebrity allows 2 bottles PER STATEROOM, not per person.

Well I speak from experience.. my last Celebrity cruise(Jan 2012)..we each had 2 bottles in our carryon..they looked thru it and sent us on our way...plus they were the 1.5 liter size ..:p

We were not aware of the "can't bring wine on board" policy before we booked our Oct. cruise on RCCL, but we would have booked anyway. We always carry on 2 bottles of wine so we can have a glass while dressing for dinner (Celebrity, Carnival, & Princess). We still have drinks during the shows & around the pool on sea days. Will I miss my evening glass of wine? Yes, but for goodness sake I'm on a cruise ship........I'll survive, or maybe I'll just have to order wine with dinner!!

We were not aware of the "can't bring wine on board" policy before we booked our Oct. cruise on RCCL, but we would have booked anyway. We always carry on 2 bottles of wine so we can have a glass while dressing for dinner (Celebrity, Carnival, & Princess). We still have drinks during the shows & around the pool on sea days. Will I miss my evening glass of wine? Yes, but for goodness sake I'm on a cruise ship........I'll survive, or maybe I'll just have to order wine with dinner!!

Junebug.

You can buy a bottle and most any bar or the dining room and bring it back to enjoy in the cabin. (Don’t forget to ask for glasses) Or, you can go to RCCL Gifts and Gear and purchase a bottle to have it waiting in the cabin. It will come with an opener and glasses.

Cheers!

M

Why should a person spend big bucks and not be allowed to bring aboard wine when the same money can be spent on another line which allows you to do so? It's not always a matter of money. A Travel Channel program on cruising pointed out how the ship's movement affects the wine and so if a wine has been stored on board for a while it may have been ruined.

It's odd that two cruise lines under the same ownership (Celebrity & RCCL) have such different policies. But it's not going to make or break my decision on which cruise.

It is not odd at all. The two lines have many differences. This is just one of many.

Last year on NCL we purchases a bottle of rum through the bar service and rolled on with 6 bottles of good (to us ) wine and paid the $15 corkage per bottle, and 2 8 packs of coke. Next month we have purchased a wine package with RCCL. We don't have a Problem doing either!

Why should a person spend big bucks and not be allowed to bring aboard wine when the same money can be spent on another line which allows you to do so? It's not always a matter of money. A Travel Channel program on cruising pointed out how the ship's movement affects the wine and so if a wine has been stored on board for a while it may have been ruined.

Why should a person spend big bucks and not be able to buy a bottle of wine onboard?

Well, I have to say that you have come up with a new excuse to smuggle!

Congratulations! After hearing ad nauseum everything from "I have a big bar bill anyway" to "I want a glass of wine on my balcony before dinner," yours takes the cake.

The movement of the ship ruins the wine. Good one:rolleyes:

Why should a person spend big bucks and not be able to buy a bottle of wine onboard?

Well, I have to say that you have come up with a new excuse to smuggle!

Congratulations! After hearing ad nauseum everything from "I have a big bar bill anyway" to "I want a glass of wine on my balcony before dinner," yours takes the cake.

The movement of the ship ruins the wine. Good one:rolleyes:

Instead of concerning yourself with smuggling which is no way was implied by my post, you might want to work on your manners which are in desperate need of attention. Because if anything takes the cake here, it's your rudeness.

... you might want to work on your manners which are in desperate need of attention. Because if anything takes the cake here, it's your rudeness.

Umm, yes - yogimax, I hope everything is OK with you because sadly, I agree - you are not your usual jovial self in this thread. Perhaps it's the subject matter? Or just your disdain for things discussed so many times? *shrug*

Hope you're all right. :)

Archived