Alaska Cheet Sheet !

booth22

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a previous post I listed....

#1 June 16th, 2005, 05:49 AM

booth22

Cool Cruiser Join Date: Aug 2003

Great waterproof gear (women's)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just thought I would pass this along for any women looking for waterproof gear for Alaska. My wife picked up this set, and it's great. Packs into itself and is totally waterproof. It is unlined, just a shell which makes it great for layering.

Sorry to sound like a commercial, but it's a great deal and since I got a lot of good tips from this board, i figured I would pass this one along... (no, I'm not making any profits )

http://www.northernmountain.com/dep...en%20backpacker

The rain gear is great.... for men's rain gear I purchased a Columbia Storm Catcher jacket and ThunderScout pants. For good prices try a search at froogle.google.com A good way to shop. You can check the store you purchase from at http://www.resellerratings.com Dont' get ripped off! As far as binoculars go, we are taking a pair of 10x50 Bushnell and a compact pair of 8x21 Bushnell as well. Check out opticplanet.com they are pretty good for prices and info. I'll have my eyes behind a camera most of the time, but if you are using bino's a lot, you can pick up a pair of zoom binoculars 7-21x50 for example which would be perfect for Alaska. Another in our group is taking them along. Good luck!

Looks like you will REALLY need to excape the Arizona heat to the Cool of Alaska! You get to follow me by a couple of days!

Thanks for all the info and web sites! It's great when we all help each other have GREAT CRUISES!

I'll be looking for your trip report! Be looking for mine too!

Have a GREAT time on the Regal to Alaska!

Jacquelyn :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

booth22 you are a lifesaver! I have printed out your fantastic list and will enjoy going through all the links in order to plan our Alaska trip which begins on May 27th 06 from Seattle on Dawn Princess. You wouldn't by any chance have a similar list for a tour of the Rockies - we are taking the Land Tour prior to embarking on Dawn??!!

Many thanks for taking the trouble to help myself and all the others who have visited the thread.

Regards from Suron in Bristol, England. :) :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

you're all very welcome, if you have any specific questions I'll do my best to answer them ... feel free to email me przeor@yahoo.com put the subject as alaska cruise so I don't assume it's spam. I never posted the rest of out pics either.... 2600+ total... i don't imagine we'll ever get them all developed either :D

Booth22: Obviously you have seen what a great help your cheat sheet has been to many people. We have just decided to change our summer caribbean cruise to an Alaskan cruise. What a gem we found when we came across your cheat sheet.

It seems like you post fairly regularly, so, if you have the opportunity ... please continue to keep bumping your cheat sheet forward from time to time if others have not, it's a great resource!

Archived