Flight times out of MIA

futureAG

Would a 9am fight out of MIA be too early on disembarkation day? I'm trying to cut cost of airfare and it would save us $200 if we could be at the airport by 8am. Thanks!

You have to be there 90 minutes before boarding if you have luggage. If you have a carry on you'd still realistically need to be there by at the latest 8am - you have to get through security dont forget. Its about 20 minutes from the ship by cab. So you'd realistically need to be off the ship and getting into a cab at 7:30. Nope - not gonna happen. You wont make it.

The earliest I would book a flight out of MIA would be 11 and that is if I did self disembarkation. The lines and congestion at the airport can be quite bad.

Okay Thanks!! I know 11am flight would be best, I was just trying to push the bar a little :rolleyes: We have never flown in or out of MIA, I really should allow more time for that reason alone! :o Thanks again!!

I personally would always stick with Carnival's recommended time of Noon for this port. Why ruin my cruise with worrying. Its at least a 20 minute cab ride to get there, and its a very very busy airport, and you would need to check in by 8 am .. sounds like it would sure ruin my cruise to have one that early.

Ive had 5 out of my 18 carnival cruises debark late and a couple I did not make it off the ship until 10 am.

OK I see you said you also have a 11 am option you posted while I was typing.. at least thats in the ball park.

Thanks everyone!! We are coming in a day early & I picked the 1:30pm flight out. $856 total for 2 adults round trip from Dallas on Thanksgiving weekend isn't too bad I don’t guess. Just wish it wasn’t more than our cruise total! And we booked a cove balcony!! LOL!! Oh well, I'm excited for a short little get away, the hubs has never been to FL & we are excited about the Atlantis & the Breeze!!:cool:

Thanks everyone!! We are coming in a day early & I picked the 1:30pm flight out.

A wise decision!

Now you don't have to worry about making the return flight and can sit back and enjoy the cruise!

Bon Voyage!

Archived