My Summit Stateroom Story…

Specs

Once upon a time, my daughter reserved a concierge class veranda on deck 9 for a wonderful cruise Daughter/Mother vacation for August 2012. We were very excited and I began to plan in detail everything (because I am retired and I have time to do it and because I liked very much to prepare it…) for our stay in New York city 2 nights before the cruise, booked a Broadway, Ellis Island etc…and plan our trip to Bermuda!

In all my research, my best friend is Cruise Critic website because there is a multitude of information and I having great time to read all of you and enjoy very much your experience. I read more than I participle because my first language is French and it is not easy for me to write. So, please, be indulgent with the entire mistake I made!

I watched the price of the cruise very often and one day I saw an opportunity to try Aqua Class. So with the approbation of my daughter I switch to 9043 – A2 Aqua class. I was so happy a big balcony, a brand new refurbish stateroom with the perks of Aqua. Yep! But my cruise critic friend begun to describe the shower with rust and a little bit dirty, the presence of the big overhang… What can I do?

I continue to watch the price on Celebrity website… OMG, Aqua class A1 the brand new one have a drop in the price and I can have a free upgrade. Rapidly I booked the stateroom 1130 because my friend on CC told me that the Aft one have the big balcony! I was soooooooooo happy!

I read CC many times a day because I am a Cruise Addict! So, I saw some beautiful pictures of the balconies on deck 11 Aft and I realised that the balcony beside us is more deeper so we cannot see to the right side, that there is stairs just on our left side with a door for all the guest on this deck. That perhaps sometimes there will be party of people talking loud and the possibility to have the presence of smoke (cigarettes/cigars) from the Sunset bar… Plus, our cabin came on sale 600$ less expensive than we pay…What can I do?

So last week, another sale came on Celebrity website a free upgrade on a Sky suite guarantee and YES I did it again, I change it! Did I do a mistake?

I thought that the suite is the perfect stateroom; what can be wrong! It will be the first time that I spoiled myself and my daughter with a suite! We were so excited!

I continue to look more carefully and I discover that perhaps we can have the 6201 Sky suite that the balcony is so tiny with no privacy one of CC subscribers was so mad about this stateroom… or that we can have a Accessible Suite without bath and a little bit less attractive…Did I make a mistake?

Now, I have to wait to be assigned. Nothing that I can do. But, you know I am a positive person so I am sure that I will be happy and my daughter too. It is a thrill to wait for the assignment. We will see… I will give you a full report of my adventure of “Finding the perfect stateroom”!

In French, there is this an expression: “Qui choisit, prends pire” means “who chosen, get worse”.

It will be the last time I will do this crazy stateroom hunt!

Now, I am feeling better because I talked to my Cruise Critic’s friends!

Once upon a time, my daughter reserved a concierge class veranda on deck 9 for a wonderful cruise Daughter/Mother vacation for August 2012. We were very excited and I began to plan in detail everything (because I am retired and I have time to do it and because I liked very much to prepare it…) for our stay in New York city 2 nights before the cruise, booked a Broadway, Ellis Island etc…and plan our trip to Bermuda!

In all my research, my best friend is Cruise Critic website because there is a multitude of information and I having great time to read all of you and enjoy very much your experience. I read more than I participle because my first language is French and it is not easy for me to write. So, please, be indulgent with the entire mistake I made!

I watched the price of the cruise very often and one day I saw an opportunity to try Aqua Class. So with the approbation of my daughter I switch to 9043 – A2 Aqua class. I was so happy a big balcony, a brand new refurbish stateroom with the perks of Aqua. Yep! But my cruise critic friend begun to describe the shower with rust and a little bit dirty, the presence of the big overhang… What can I do?

I continue to watch the price on Celebrity website… OMG, Aqua class A1 the brand new one have a drop in the price and I can have a free upgrade. Rapidly I booked the stateroom 1130 because my friend on CC told me that the Aft one have the big balcony! I was soooooooooo happy!

I read CC many times a day because I am a Cruise Addict! So, I saw some beautiful pictures of the balconies on deck 11 Aft and I realised that the balcony beside us is more deeper so we cannot see to the right side, that there is stairs just on our left side with a door for all the guest on this deck. That perhaps sometimes there will be party of people talking loud and the possibility to have the presence of smoke (cigarettes/cigars) from the Sunset bar… Plus, our cabin came on sale 600$ less expensive than we pay…What can I do?

So last week, another sale came on Celebrity website a free upgrade on a Sky suite guarantee and YES I did it again, I change it! Did I do a mistake?

I thought that the suite is the perfect stateroom; what can be wrong! It will be the first time that I spoiled myself and my daughter with a suite! We were so excited!

I continue to look more carefully and I discover that perhaps we can have the 6201 Sky suite that the balcony is so tiny with no privacy one of CC subscribers was so mad about this stateroom… or that we can have a Accessible Suite without bath and a little bit less attractive…Did I make a mistake?

Now, I have to wait to be assigned. Nothing that I can do. But, you know I am a positive person so I am sure that I will be happy and my daughter too. It is a thrill to wait for the assignment. We will see… I will give you a full report of my adventure of “Finding the perfect stateroom”!

In French, there is this an expression: “Qui choisit, prends pire” means “who chosen, get worse”.

It will be the last time I will do this crazy stateroom hunt!

Now, I am feeling better because I talked to my Cruise Critic’s friends!

We had a suite guarantee on the Summit the last time we sailed on it. I had visions of getting a royal suite- but alas we were assigned a handicapped access sky suite on deck 9. It worked out wonderfully. The cabin was big- plenty of room. The bathroom was handicapped access so no bathtub. But on the plus side, it was huge. The closet in the cabin wasn't a walk in, but with the drawer space the storage was more then adequate. The butler, Armando was a dream and the extra perks worth it! While we didn't have a large balcony- it was adequate for two. We dined on it a few times. I am sure that you made a wise choice and will enjoy the cabin you are assigned. This time, we are also in a suite- a celebrity suite and look forward to our August cruise.

Enjoyed you story Specs!

Suite 6201 will workout just fine for you and your daughter.

It's a good thing your cruise is 25 days away, if you kept going you would be in a Penthouse Suite! Hahahahaha

Enjoy my hometown, New York City, what a great way to start your vacation.

Please come back after your cruise and let us know how everything worked out for you two.

Smooth seas to you, Bon Voyage........

Glenn

I can relate! I'm always booking, then researching more, then second guessing and switching.

Don't worry too much about the balcony - you may find you don't spend too much time on it anyway as you have e a whole beautiful ship to enjoy, and Bermuda!

Secondly, whatever sky suite you end up with, it will be great to have the extra space (especially with 2 females) and the services of the butler. Make sure you enjoy the afternoon tea service and the free cappucinos.

You should also try to eat in Blu!

Enjoy, and please report back. Im still worrying 9038:)

Your English is excellent by the way.

Thank you Den, Cruise a holic, gkny, newsier and Sandi, for taking the time to read me and for your friendly support! You can count on me; I will do a full report! Stay tuned!

Gosh, I'm disappointed, specs. I thought you were going to tell us you had the penthouse!!:D You've done a great job with your upgrading and I sure hope you and your daughter have a fabulous cruise. Bermuda is lovely. By the way, your English is wonderful! I have forgotten a lot of my French because I don't use it.

• 1 month later...

As promised, this is the conclusion to my story of finding the perfect stateroom:

We had a beautiful cruise in a beautiful Sky suite stateroom: 6126.

No lifeboat in our vision! It was in diagonal, so more space. We also asked the butler for two foot rests (which ended up being small tables, which were perfect for the task).

The room was very nice and quite large. The bathroom was all in marble and there was even a window, with a view to our stateroom! There was more than enough storage.

Each day, I asked the Butler to bring me a good Cappuccino… I was able to have a bottle of white wine instead of the Blanc de Blanc (Sparkling wine). We took our breakfast at Blu each morning except for one day when the Butler delivered the breakfast to our room, with a white tablecloth. Each afternoon, we had tea and sandwiches & pastries. We dined at Blu twice and were seated immediately at a table for two by the window

We also had a complementary dinner at a Speciality restaurant of our choice. We tried both Normandie and Qsine. Qsine was quite an experience. Very good.

In conclusion, we were spoiled and this is definitively a very good stateroom with great amenities! ...A perfect end to my story

As promised, this is the conclusion to my story of finding the perfect stateroom:

No lifeboat in our vision! It was in diagonal, so more space. We also asked the butler for two foot rests (which ended up being small tables, which were perfect for the task).

The room was very nice and quite large. The bathroom was all in marble and there was even a window, with a view to our stateroom! There was more than enough storage.

Each day, I asked the Butler to bring me a good Cappuccino… I was able to have a bottle of white wine instead of the Blanc de Blanc (Sparkling wine). We took our breakfast at Blu each morning except for one day when the Butler delivered the breakfast to our room, with a white tablecloth. Each afternoon, we had tea and sandwiches & pastries. We dined at Blu twice and were seated immediately at a table for two by the window

We also had a complementary dinner at a Speciality restaurant of our choice. We tried both Normandie and Qsine. Qsine was quite an experience. Very good.

In conclusion, we were spoiled and this is definitively a very good stateroom with great amenities! ...A perfect end to my story

Merci beaucoup pour revenir à nous dire la fin très heureuse de votre histoire.

Et aussi, vous pouvez ecriver l'anglais bien meilleur que je peux parler le français! Bravo!

Merci beaucoup pour revenir à nous dire la fin très heureuse de votre histoire.

Et aussi, vous pouvez ecriver l'anglais bien meilleur que je peux parler le français! Bravo!

I think I understood a decent amount of that LOL. Man - going to be in french speaking areas of the world in 20 days and you'd think I would have at least tried to brush up over these last 11 months since I booked! But noooooooooooooooooo. :-)

I think I understood a decent amount of that LOL. Man - going to be in french speaking areas of the world in 20 days and you'd think I would have at least tried to brush up over these last 11 months since I booked! But noooooooooooooooooo. :-)

LOL...what I hope I said, or what I intended to say was:

"Thank you very much for coming back and telling us the very happy ending to your story.

And, you are able to write English much better than I can speak French!"

As a Canadian, I sincerely wish I was bilingual, but we don't have too many opportunities to practice our French out here on the west coast.

Sounds like you made a great decision to switch- If you take a risk in life, you can also get a great reward! No risk-No reward!

Archived