Experiences: Passion Island by Power Catamaran Cozumel, Mexico?

neeltje1

I am looking at the Passion Island by Power Catamaran excursion in Cozumel.

Has anyone taken this excursion that could tell me what they though, how it was, or even share a few photos? There are some rave reviews along with horrible ones on the carnival site, so just wondering how it is lately?

Thanks!

We did this excursion on 07/20/12. Overall, we enjoyed it. The ride to the beach is 45 minutes. Once you get to the beach you only have about 3 hours. The food and drinks are just okay. The water is rough compared to the other beach that we went to last year. There was also alot of debris washing up in the water. Once the wind died down we were able to use the kayaks. We chose it because it was all inclusive and reasonably priced.

passionisland3.jpg.47f0cd1fc1f97dcb9539d2c24361cb1a.jpg

passionisl.jpg.0f7b7c40f3300de8e30e60e1971573c7.jpg

passionisland1.jpg.ff0b28ef00124e909945d94793a939af.jpg

passionisland2.jpg.04a972d3ae16ed0a2d6879a48a4e14a8.jpg

We did it and loved it, very relaxing trip to the island. If you want a little more excitement, try the "Twister" powerboat. It takes you out at high speed, does 360s, with water spraying on you. We did it last year only because our grandkids wanted to take the twister. I was a little hesitant at first, but we loved it and we are in our 60s. Either way HAVE A GREAT CRUISE.

I am looking at the Passion Island by Power Catamaran excursion in Cozumel.

Has anyone taken this excursion that could tell me what they though, how it was, or even share a few photos? There are some rave reviews along with horrible ones on the carnival site, so just wondering how it is lately?

Thanks!

My DW and I have been there twice and loved it both times. The water was nicer on one occasion but both times it was nice. The inclusive part is great! The food is good and the bar is unlimited as long as you drink Dos Equis or rum punch. Last time I had a little too much and went to sleep on the way back :D

We did the Passion Island by Twister excursion in Cozumel while my in-laws did the Catamaran. We arrived at the island a few minutes before them. The island was nice and my children (12 and 11) enjoyed their day there and really liked the water trampoline. The beach was nice but the water was not very clear. I remember dropping my sunglasses in the water and quickly grabbing them. If I had not I would not have been able to see them in the water.

The drinks were good as was the service. My wife and I won the water balloon toss game and got free pina coladas. We enjoyed the hammocks and the food was decent. I would go back. These photos were taken with our camera in a waterproof case that shifted.

legend239.jpg

legend231.jpg

legend243.jpg

legend232.jpg

We did the Twister boat. We have done it twice and loved it. The island is beautiful and the food and drinks were included. I haven't heard of a power catamaran but the Twister Boat was a lot of high speed fun (twists turns and you get soaked!!)

• 1 year later...

We went to Passion Island last January and really enjoyed ourselves. The ride to the island was fun on the Catamaran, the water is really beautiful and clear. When you get to Passion Island it is really clean and lots of places to sit or lay out on the beach. We preferred to sit at a table with chairs so we could eat our lunch which was provided and enjoy our drinks which were also included in the cost. My sister & her husband were also with us so part of the trip we had massages that were just wonderful and relaxing. All in all we really enjoyed our trip to Passion Island and will probably visit there again this January 2015. :)

Edited by Scratch12

Hubby's booked us this excursion on our next cruise because DS specifically asked to go to the beach, so we're going.

It'll be interesting to see how it turns out. You really only get about 3 hrs? :confused::eek::( That doesn't seem like nearly long enough.

We booked the Passion Island trip through the cruise ship last January and just loved the visit there. Yes, 3 hours isn't very long so I would suggest you take all your pictures first then go eat as soon as they start serving lunch because last year we didn't eat right away so a lot of the things we wanted they ran out of. You can leave your drinks and your towels etc. on your tables and chairs and no one will bother anything. The water was a little cool in January so we spent some of our time there getting a massage and eating lunch. It really depends on what you want to do. We aren't really swimming or snorkeling people so we went mainly for the adventure.

The next time you go I would suggest going on line looking up tours in Cozumel and check things out there. There is a new adventure park called Playa Mia Grand Beach Park, everything is there stores, swimming pool, beach etc. Hope this helps you out.

Happy cruising,

Katherine

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know if they have those floating mats you can use? I didn't see them listed or in any of the pictures posted. We like to just float in the water and didn't know if they had anything that allowed you to do just that.

We did this excursion on 07/20/12. Overall, we enjoyed it. The ride to the beach is 45 minutes. Once you get to the beach you only have about 3 hours. The food and drinks are just okay. The water is rough compared to the other beach that we went to last year. There was also alot of debris washing up in the water. Once the wind died down we were able to use the kayaks. We chose it because it was all inclusive and reasonably priced.

I know this thread is 2 years old and was brought back up from the dead (and who knows if this poster I'm quoting is still on here....so...) anyone that can answer and have been there recently: Does the water toys out in the ocean cost extra? Or is this included in the price of the island?

We just went last week while on the Carnival Breeze, but we took the Twister to Isla de Pasion. It only took 20-25 minutes to get there that way. Keep in mind, it's a very fun and intense ride but you will get soaking wet.

The poster is correct that the food and drinks were only okay. We got in line for lunch early bc I had read it gets very long. It's all you can eat. My son had the chicken nuggets and said they were pretty good.

The beach and water are gorgeous. We could see clear to the bottom and they had water toys available for no charge, including a trampoline. They also had water hammocks. The kayaks are available for an additional fee. We didn't get a chance to use them.

The time is short but we made the best of it, even enduring a 30-minute storm. It was actually fun to stay in the warm water instead of getting drenched in cold, pouring rain.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The beach and water are gorgeous. We could see clear to the bottom and they had water toys available for no charge, including a trampoline. They also had water hammocks. The kayaks are available for an additional fee. We didn't get a chance to use them.

The time is short but we made the best of it, even enduring a 30-minute storm. It was actually fun to stay in the warm water instead of getting drenched in cold, pouring rain.

Thanks so much for the info. I'm glad to hear that the water toys are included in the price. This will be fun. Do you know how deep the water was there where the water toys are at?

I also love swimming in the ocean when it's raining. It's funny to watch everyone run for cover and I run for the water (even when in a pool). The water is so warm and the rain never last too long. :D

DD says the water was 6 or 7 feet deep around the water toys, because she couldn't stand up when her brother wanted her to help hoist him up onto the pyramid. I didn't go that far out.

I forgot to add they also offer water cycles for a small fee, along with snorkeling equipment. I didn't see any motorized water activities.

Another side note, be prepared for very aggressive "hosts" when you get onto the island. They yelled at all of us to take a photo next to the Isla de Pasion sign even though we were drenched and claimed it was mandatory. When I refused, a woman attempted to bully me until I nicely told her I would have a word with Carnival's Shore Excursions staff as soon as I got back onboard about their over-the-top sales tactics. When she saw I wasn't backing down, she changed her tune. We never even looked at those photos.

DD says the water was 6 or 7 feet deep around the water toys, because she couldn't stand up when her brother wanted her to help hoist him up onto the pyramid. I didn't go that far out.

I forgot to add they also offer water cycles for a small fee, along with snorkeling equipment. I didn't see any motorized water activities.

Another side note, be prepared for very aggressive "hosts" when you get onto the island. They yelled at all of us to take a photo next to the Isla de Pasion sign even though we were drenched and claimed it was mandatory. When I refused, a woman attempted to bully me until I nicely told her I would have a word with Carnival's Shore Excursions staff as soon as I got back onboard about their over-the-top sales tactics. When she saw I wasn't backing down, she changed her tune. We never even looked at those photos.

Thanks for the info on the water toys. I always wonder why they put them in such deep water when it's so hard to crawl up on them to begin with. I guess they're afraid of people going too fast down the slides and hitting the bottom or jumping off or something. However, it makes it hard to maneuver in the water up onto the toys.

That sucks with the aggressiveness. I always oblige and take the "entrance photos" (I know there was one place we went to in...I think Cozumel...that had you put on Sombreros and they took your picture to sell to you later in the day. Also Mr Sanchos did the same with passing around the animals (iguana and parrots) while they took your picture. Sometimes I buy them, other times I don't. I know I plan on getting my own picture with the Passion Island background in it whether they like it or not. But when they get pushy, I will push back if they get on my nerves. So, I'll make sure I go prepared. Thanks for the heads up.

When we were there in midJune, the ladder for the water trampoline was BROKEN!!!!!!:mad: The bottom two rungs were broken, tilted to one side, and it made it damn near impossible to climb up onto the thing. My son, who was really excited about it (he loves trampolines) managed to monkey his way up and when he saw how high off the water he was, he started to freak out. I tried to climb up the ladder to get to him so I could help him, but I was having a really hard time getting up due to the ladder being broken and ended up having a cute college age guy put his hands on my butt and shove me upwards (not that I minded that...it's been years since a cute guy had his hands on my butt LOL:D). After that, even though my son wanted to go on it again and again I convinced him to stay away because if he freaked out again, I wasn't going to be able to get up there and help him. With the water slide mountain things, it was also really hard to climb up on them. Unless you're young and strong and have a LOT of upper body strength, I would avoid them because they're so hard to climb.

Had the exact same experience a two weeks ago. We normally bypass photos and politely say "no, thank you". Save yourself the aggravation - scurry to the Isla Pasion sign, smile and move on. We also didn't like the mandatory speech about everything on the island and it's location - wasted precious time - once again - best to stand with the group, pay attention and get it over with. These were VERY minor inconveniences. This island is fabulous!

Mitsugirly - I know your little girl is a daredevil like mine - you must do the TWISTER. Although, in 40+ cruises, we have only booked a handful of ship excursions - the cruiselines have a monopoly on this one. It was worth it - everyone LOVED it!

Mitsugirly - I know your little girl is a daredevil like mine - you must do the TWISTER. Although, in 40+ cruises, we have only booked a handful of ship excursions - the cruiselines have a monopoly on this one. It was worth it - everyone LOVED it!

After a lot of research on going to Passion Island and knowing how long it takes to get there from port plus the different routes of transportation just to make it there, I had decided that the only way I would ever go there is if the ship offered it as a sponsored excursion. We normally sail with NCL and they have never offered an excursion there. So, I figured I would just have to wait until we sailed with Carnival again to go and I knew that Carnival offered the Twister. However, NCL just started offering the excursion to Passion Island, but they don't offer the Twister. :( So, we'll probably never get to do the Twister now since I try not to repeat places that I have been to before. (Of course with my luck, I would break something on the ride lol).

I'm curious, does NCL only use the Power Catamaran?

Also, I have to tell you the same thing you get from many posters on CC- your daughter is absolutely gorgeous and seems like a little ball if sunshine. My own DD is 18 now but she was always so loving and adventurous on vacations when she was growing up. Never scared to get on roller coasters and she loved the water, just like my DS who overcame a phobia at 6 and now stays wet! They grow up so fast ad it's great you are carefully documenting these special family moments. My DD is off to college in another state in one month, so that was one reason I squeezed in the last-minute Breeze cruise. I still can't believe I have one child in college! I miss my little princess!

I'm curious, does NCL only use the Power Catamaran?

Also, I have to tell you the same thing you get from many posters on CC- your daughter is absolutely gorgeous and seems like a little ball if sunshine. My own DD is 18 now but she was always so loving and adventurous on vacations when she was growing up. Never scared to get on roller coasters and she loved the water, just like my DS who overcame a phobia at 6 and now stays wet! They grow up so fast ad it's great you are carefully documenting these special family moments. My DD is off to college in another state in one month, so that was one reason I squeezed in the last-minute Breeze cruise. I still can't believe I have one child in college! I miss my little princess!

We usually go to Cozumel twice a year and I have always looked for this excursion to Passion Island. They have never offered it in the past. So, I'm pretty sure they have never offered the Twister boat and are only offering the catamaran as of now. We'll see how it goes and if they ever decide to offer the Twister.

Thanks for the compliments. My daughter just amazes me with everything she does. She is a little dare devil and will try anything.

My daughter and I are also planning this excursion in November of this year my question is approximately how much was the massage on the beach. We were also looking into Nacchi

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My daughter and I are also planning this excursion in November of this year my question is approximately how much was the massage on the beach. We were also looking into Nacchi

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I didn't get one but I believe they were starting at $30. They walked around offering free foot massages, as well. Then there was a dedicated massage area under a palapa with a few beds. Looked very relaxing!

Sent from my iPad using Forums