1020 flight leaving FLL

ummah26

My question is in september we are coming back from carnival freedom and wanted to know if we would have enough time making to the 1020 southwest fight? The other option is 255 which would mean sitting in the airport for 4 hours approx

Carnival Freedom doesn't officially arrive back in port until 8AM...even if it get there early, add in customs and debarkation time plus actually getting to the airport with enough time to check in luggage and get through security. Sorry, but there's no way you are going to make that flight.

All of this always comes down to how much stress and risk you want to take. Some will tell you it's fine (better to have posted this question on the Florida Departure Board) and others will say it's risky.

Having arrived at many USA ports when things go right but also when things go terribly wrong, I would book the later flight and just be one of the last ones off the ship.

Keith

That is a risky flight. Better to make the later reservation and be one of the last off the ship. Have a nice breakfast and an extra cup of coffee in the morning, then leave at the last call off the ship. Alternately, be one of the first off the ship, rent a car and see the sights for a few hours before returning to the airport if time permits. But that early flight is scary.

My question is in september we are coming back from carnival freedom and wanted to know if we would have enough time making to the 1020 southwest fight? The other option is 255 which would mean sitting in the airport for 4 hours approx

When asking these questions, it's useful to post what time your ship gets into port, what port, and from what airport you are flying.

I note another poster has said your ship arrives at 8:00. Looks as if it arrives at Ft. Lauderdale, and I am assuming you are flying out of FLL.

If this is true, yes, the airport is fairly close to the port, but you're going to have to wait until everyone on the ship clears customs, get your luggage, get a cab, get to the airport, check your bags and get through security and go to your gate. FLL will be an absolute zoo on cruise days and lines will be very long.

I agree that it's doubtful you will make this flight. Keep in mind that Southwest planes will be very full on cruise days. If you miss your flight, you'll have to wait for open seats on another Southwest flight, which could be the next day, or even later.

I'm guessing you've already purchased these tickets. If so, I'd change them to the later flight. Better to wait a while then to miss your flight.

If it was me, I would not take the chance.

Just want to add another factor is how many ships are in port that day.

If you tell me what date you arrive back to Fort Lauderdale I can tell you how many ships are in port that day.

Keith

Sept 30tu

The only positive is that you are one of two ships that day.

But 10:20 AM is still way too early.

By the way, Carnivals own web site advises passengers not to book a flight out of Fort Lauderdale any earlier than 11:30 AM. To me that is good advise.

Keith

Archived