Zumba on Silhouette

Yes!!! And the teacher is fabulous! Unfortunately, it is right outside the theater and the movie theater--the Entertainment court. And as people file out of the theater or movie theater, they run right into the class.

Would prefer it to be in the fitness center, but I am sure they'd charge a fee for it --as they do for spinning classes. But I would definitely pay a fee; $5 would be reasonable.

Does anyone if the Eclipse has Zumba Classes?

Lastly, why doesn't the Fitness Center have those floor fans you see at a lot of gyms?

:)

My DD was the certified Zumba instructor on Silhouette. Her contract ended two weeks ago so she is now back home after six months away.icon7.gif

Whether she does another contract is uncertain just now.

What a lovely girl she is too ... assuming it is Valentina?! I did not get to a Zumba class .. Too energetic by half :) but she ran some trivia which was great fun. As I recall, the Zumba was upstairs in the Sky Lounge ...

What a lovely girl she is too ... assuming it is Valentina?! I did not get to a Zumba class .. Too energetic by half :) but she ran some trivia which was great fun. As I recall, the Zumba was upstairs in the Sky Lounge ...

Thank you Astrocat

I'll pass on your kind words to Valentina.

Peter

Anyone know if they have Zumba class on the Silhouette on day at sea?

Hi

I am on the same October cruise as you and sadly I am not expecting any Zumba, Valentina was the qualified Zumba instructor on our cruise in June and she was fab, she did 6 classes some even on port days. They were held in the Sky lounge and were crowded every day.

I was not impressed with any other of the activity staff when it came to line dance classes etc, but the dancers from the shows were fantastic when they did the dance classes and were all very friendly and welcoming.

Valentina please come back before October:)

Yes!!! And the teacher is fabulous! Unfortunately, it is right outside the theater and the movie theater--the Entertainment court. And as people file out of the theater or movie theater, they run right into the class.

Would prefer it to be in the fitness center, but I am sure they'd charge a fee for it --as they do for spinning classes. But I would definitely pay a fee; $5 would be reasonable.

Does anyone if the Eclipse has Zumba Classes?

Lastly, why doesn't the Fitness Center have those floor fans you see at a lot of gyms?

:)

There were Zumba classes twice a day on sea days on the Eclipse this past April. It was a TA so there were many days when classes were held. The classes were very well attended. I always ask for Zumba in my evaluations. Celebrity is listening...

Noting your comment, "too energetic by half," I think it is important that the Zumba classes being offerd on ships should be Zumba Gold. Zumba Gold is a bit less wild and more appropriate for the target audience. One of the rules is: one foot on the floor at all times. Hence, not so much jumping around. Zumba Gold is still a good workout.

Noting your comment, "too energetic by half," I think it is important that the Zumba classes being offerd on ships should be Zumba Gold. Zumba Gold is a bit less wild and more appropriate for the target audience. One of the rules is: one foot on the floor at all times. Hence, not so much jumping around. Zumba Gold is still a good workout.

Even if the class is regular Zumba, the teachers usually give modifications--for example "marching" instead of "jumping." The regular Zumba really gets your heart rate up. The Zumba Gold, IMHO, is like a fast jog. I prefer the regular Zumba because it is an hour long.

There was no charge when I was on Silhouette, and it was held in the Sky Lounge by Valentina, who was a fantastic teacher. She did say that she does not get paid to do the zumba classes, she does it in her own time, I am not sure Celebrity are recognising how good this class is and how many people are enjoying it! It was quite energetic, and very easy to follow.

Celebrity IS listening to those comment cards and more Zumba is coming! Licensed Zumba instructors were notified of potential two-week 'cruise instructing' jobs last winter and were given the opportunity to apply to teach on Transatlantic cruises in the spring. I believe these classes were so very successful because it has been posted once again for Zumba instructors to apply to teach on Celebrity Cruises....I know this because I am an instructor, I applied, and I was asked to teach on a two-week Eclipse cruise this fall!!!! :D

In order to apply for these "teaching vacations", Zumba instructors must be licensed in Zumba, Zumba Gold and Aqua Zumba to offer different types of classes for different levels of participants! Be on the look out for Zumba on some of the longer cruises this fall/winter and hopefully someday in the future...EVERY cruise!??!?

Celebrity IS listening to those comment cards and more Zumba is coming! Licensed Zumba instructors were notified of potential two-week 'cruise instructing' jobs last winter and were given the opportunity to apply to teach on Transatlantic cruises in the spring. I believe these classes were so very successful because it has been posted once again for Zumba instructors to apply to teach on Celebrity Cruises....I know this because I am an instructor, I applied, and I was asked to teach on a two-week Eclipse cruise this fall!!!! :D

In order to apply for these "teaching vacations", Zumba instructors must be licensed in Zumba, Zumba Gold and Aqua Zumba to offer different types of classes for different levels of participants! Be on the look out for Zumba on some of the longer cruises this fall/winter and hopefully someday in the future...EVERY cruise!??!?

Yes, thanks for listening, Celebrity! I even wrote to Dan Hanrahan last year asking for Zumba. We had classes on the Eclipse TA last Spring and they were very well attended.

How does one apply for a Zumba position? Are the jobs posted on a Celebrity site or on a Zumba site? I have a good friend who is a certified Zumba instructor and is very interested. In fact, it is her dream to teach Zumba on a cruise ship. Any information I can give her would be greatly appreciated.

Sheila

Hi Sheila! The job is posted on the Zumba website--tell your friend to log into her 'Zin Home' and she'll see a link for job listings and the Celebrity "jobs" information can be found there!

Thank-you, sadiesimply! I will pass on the information.

Sheila

• 2 months later...

We have just returned from our 14 night cruise aboard Eclipse (Azores & Canaries), we had the great pleasure of meeting Sadie whilst she was onboard taking the Zumba classes. My wife totally immersed herself in the classes that Sadie took and I was exhausted just watching, only problem, some of the venues were not really big enough for the amount of people who wanted to join in and because of Sadie's new fan club from the Orient (Sadie will know what I mean) getting to the front of the class was nearly impossible.

Sadie, we hope both you and your Mum had a safe journey home and many thanks for your enthusiasm whilst taking the classes.

Regards

Sue & Bryn

And as Sadie would say, Good Jobbbbb!

You mean their may be hope that zumba may be on my 14 day Christmas cruise on the Eclipse. I hope Celebrity will see that it is in demand. I had friends that just returned on a Princess cruise that had Zumba classes.

Sue :D

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone know if there is Zumba on the Infinity or any of the millenium class ships. We are doing the Antarctic trip in February and would love to have the exercise opportunity. We just got off the Eclipse TA in Fort Lauderdale, and Miggy taught two active classes per sea day. It was great.

Archived