Barcelona - Flight time after cruise

diane.in.ny

Assuming you dock on schedule- you need to plan for 1 hr from the time the ship docks (ship might be cleared prior schedule or slightly after scheduled time), to get a taxi( there were long lines when I was there for taxis) and make it to the airport (30 minute drive)

So if you dock at 7AM.. don't plan on a flight any earlier than 10AM

Thank you!

I have no comment about your question, but did read your travel blog.

You state:

Before you buy your travel insurance, ask the company what happens if you simply decide to cancel the trip. Some companies, like Access America, will allow you to transfer the coverage to another trip. With Travelguard you'll lose the premium

Where does this information come from? It's just not correct. I have transferred TG policies from one trip to another at least five times, most recently a month ago when a trip was cancelled, and did not "lose the premium".

I have no comment about your question, but did read your travel blog.

You state:

Before you buy your travel insurance, ask the company what happens if you simply decide to cancel the trip. Some companies, like Access America, will allow you to transfer the coverage to another trip. With Travelguard you'll lose the premium

Where does this information come from? It's just not correct. I have transferred TG policies from one trip to another at least five times, most recently a month ago when a trip was cancelled, and did not "lose the premium".

I got the information from a friend of mine who had called several companies about their policy. From your experience it appears the info is wrong. I'm going to do some research on this.

Thanks for reading my blog and THANKS for letting me know I could very possibly have incorrect information on it.

Disembarkation give it an hour, distance from port to airport 30' or so. Then you have the standard be at airport prior to international flight of two hours or so...

YMMV of how comfortable you feel cutting any of that closer or not.

Disembarkation give it an hour, distance from port to airport 30' or so. Then you have the standard be at airport prior to international flight of two hours or so...

YMMV of how comfortable you feel cutting any of that closer or not.

Thanks

I just heard back from Travel Guard

You can receive a refund of the cost, minus the service fee. Requests must be submitted to Travel Guard in writing within 15 days of the effective date of the coverage, provided it is not past the original departure date, and You have not submitted a claim. If past 15 days, the cost and service fees are non-refundable.

I sent off another email about transferring the coverage. I'll let you know what I find out.

I have transferred TG policies from one trip to another at least five times, most recently a month ago when a trip was cancelled, and did not "lose the premium".

Here is the answer on the transfer question

If you have set travel dates for an alternate trip, we can generally modify the purchased policy’s travel dates, destination, etc with a request in writing to match the new trip’s information. I hope this helps! If you have any other questions, please contact us! Thank you!

I will make a change to my blog post to reflect this. Thanks for bringing it to my attention

Here is the answer on the transfer question

If you have set travel dates for an alternate trip, we can generally modify the purchased policy’s travel dates, destination, etc with a request in writing to match the new trip’s information. I hope this helps! If you have any other questions, please contact us! Thank you!

I will make a change to my blog post to reflect this. Thanks for bringing it to my attention

You're welcome!

Archived