2yrs and 3yrs old Stateroom Location 10088 concern

lvcrzn

After having read a review on the stateroom (heard moving chairs and men working til 11p.m.), and with a 2 and a 3 year old (light sleepers and certainly scared of odd noises), is the deck above us really noisy? I booked this trip one year in advance and the Disney agent knew the ages of the children. :confused:

You might want to check with Disney and see if there is another, more desirable location available. My guess is that many travel agents don't read reviews of the rooms. However, I wouldn't panic if you can't switch. While there is probably some noise, I'm guessing it won't be so noisy as to frighten or waken your children. Good luck!

I feel it only fair that I reply to my thread. I have spoken with a Disney agent who assured me that since deck 10 is mainly staterooms; had there been noise complaints with regards to late night pool and deck chair maintenance, she would have heard about this issue, but has not had any complaints. I would not want to needlessly discourage future cruisers. Thank you for your reply.And a very special THANKS to SHMOO who is on top of every issue we have!

Because there have been no 'official' complaints means nothing. We were down the hall in 10118 last year. It wasn't the 10 or 11 pm noise that was the issue. It was the 5-6 am moving of the deck chairs above us. Both our daughters slept through it - thankfully - but DW and I were both woken up more than once on our B2B (I am a light sleeper so every morning I was awake). Didn't complain to Guest Services however. Will never book deck 10 again. Next two DCL cruises we have booked deck 8 hoping to repeat those issues.

We were on deck 10 for a back to back on the dream last summer and my husband has sworn he would never do that again. He heard all kinds of noise all night from CM cleaning and moving the deck chairs around above us. I must say that neither I, nor my two daughters (7 and 3 at the time-the three year old is a horrible sleeper) heard anything or were ever awakened by it. My Father, who is a firm believer that higher is always better also had no complaints. If noise is a problem, I would perhaps see about moving down a deck.

We spent a lot of times examining deck plans for our Fantasy cruise next March (I think he finally went with deck 6 LOL).

Archived