Tropical Storm Ernesto

Holders3

We don't cruise until October 21! But I sure hope it does not do a lot of damage! To all of you cruising now or in the next couple of weeks, I hope you have smooth sailing! Take care!!

We cruise October 21 also - hoping a wonderful cruise for all!!

Legend Itinerary (sailing today) has been revised. It's on the Carnival FAQ page.

Sun: Tampa

Mon: Day at Sea

Tues: Day at Sea

Wed: Montego Bay, Jamaica

Thurs: Grand Cayman

Fri: Cozumel

Sat: Day at Sea

Sun: Tampa

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This won't come as any surprise to anyone who has been watching Ernesto's projected path and the Carnival Magic's original itinerary...

The Carnival Magic's itinerary has now been modified. What they've actually come up with is two options, which the captain will choose from on Monday after monitoring the weather. It all boils down to whether or not it looks like things will be clear and safe in Cozumel on Tuesday. If things look good for Tuesday, they'll do Cozumel on Tuesday and then make a run for the Bahamas.

If they can tell on Monday that the weather's going to be no good Tuesday in Cozumel, they'll just skip the Cozumel idea and head straight for the Bahamas for two days there.

Both plans involve five sea days and only two port days during the week.

You can find all the details on the Carnival FAQ page at http://www.carnival.com/core/faq.aspx?icid=CC_Footer_88#q-1235022

Just be glad your getting on the ship and taking your cruise.

Freedom maybe no Grand Cayman now thats one of my favorite islands thats sad to see, but its a must.

Magic extra sea day we love those!!

Legend Montego Bay well I have to say if your going to Jamaica to dock there its so much nicer part of the island than that not do good Ocho Rios not bad.....

Captain just told us on the Magic that we may not be changing our original itinerary after all. They won't open shore excursions for Nassau yet even though both itinerary options say Nassau on Thursday, so we may stick to the original after all.

Captain just told us on the Magic that we may not be changing our original itinerary after all. They won't open shore excursions for Nassau yet even though both itinerary options say Nassau on Thursday, so we may stick to the original after all.

I hope so for your sake. Good luck.

I just saw on the Carnival site there are two options for the Magic itinerary...option 2 has 4 sea days. I personally would not like that option, but if you love sea days, it will be great.

Captain just told us on the Magic that we may not be changing our original itinerary after all.

If they try to stick to the original itinerary, I would think you'd hit some really rough seas on the way to Roatan. The tropical storm is supposed to be just north of Roatan on Tuesday and may be a hurricane at that point. The Magic is scheduled for Roatan on Wednesday, right? So it would be sailing very close to where the storm is.

It will be very interesting to see what they decide to do. My bet is on a change of itinerary to the Bahamas.

Just an update. On carnival Freedom left ft. Lauderdale yesterday. When we go on board we got a sched change. Just arrived in key west like origanally. But instead of grand cayman first on wednesday and jamaica thursday we will be doing it flip flop. Grand cayman is tentative but as of now thats what we are doing. Key west, sea, jamaica, grand cayman, sea, ft. Lauderdale.

If they try to stick to the original itinerary, I would think you'd hit some really rough seas on the way to Roatan. The tropical storm is supposed to be just north of Roatan on Tuesday and may be a hurricane at that point. The Magic is scheduled for Roatan on Wednesday, right? So it would be sailing very close to where the storm is.

It will be very interesting to see what they decide to do. My bet is on a change of itinerary to the Bahamas.

Was on the Magic in May and went to Roatan, Belize and Cozumel. My heart broke when I heard that they may be hit. I absolutely fell in love with Roatan but, after seeing the island....yikes! Nowhere to run. Nowhere to hide. Prayers to all

Was on the Magic in May and went to Roatan, Belize and Cozumel. My heart broke when I heard that they may be hit. I absolutely fell in love with Roatan but, after seeing the island....yikes! Nowhere to run. Nowhere to hide. Prayers to all

Yeah I kind of feel bad for Roatan. I emailed the lady who booked our excursion there and asked how it was going. She said they were waiting for the hurricane to hit them directly but that they were used to it. Sounded pretty calm to me. I was surprised. Lets hope there isn't much damage for them.

What ever happend with the cruise schedules?

I was on triumph and we just flipped cozumel and progresso which kept us right in front of the storm...smooth sailing for 90% ofo the time. We saw dream at cozumel and progresso so was wondering what everyone else ended up doing?

Just got back yesterday from Imagination. We were supposed to go to Cozumel but changed it to Nassau instead. We had great seas / nice weather but we were sure disappointed not to go to Cozumel. But, safe/good seas made it enjoyable.

Archived