Tropical Storm Ernesto

Holders3

Disney just announced that it changing the western Caribbean to the Eastern Caribbean for the 8/4 sailing on the Fantasy. Other lines may follow suit.

AWESOME news. I hope Carnival Magic follows suit ...and announces SOON!! :)

We leave Sunday on the Magic. Our current itinerary has us going straight into the storm. I'm hoping for a chance to Eastern Caribbean...

Probably won't know until we get to the ship.

It would be nice if they told you before so you can look at excursions in the other ports (if you plan to do excursions).

It would be nice if they told you before so you can look at excursions in the other ports (if you plan to do excursions).

I agree! I have been searching Key West & Bahamas info, just in case. I am just imagining how many ships would be in port, though. ugh.

"Storms Storms go away come back another day"

We are leaving out of Charleston on Aug 31. It is our daughter's first cruise. I really don't want to have to deal with ruff waters and bad weather.

But one thing is for sure - WE can't control the weather. It's in Gods hands. But I'm sure doing a lot of praying.

We are leaving out on New Orleans on the 11th to Cozumel and Progreso. I have a feeling we are goingto have an interesting trip.

Any ideas on where they would reroute to?

My thoughts exactly! I'm thinking for a 5 day could they really go any further than key west or Bahamas? I have never been to either but I have never had any desire to go there. :( I'm also not real thrilled about being on a rocking ship. Been there done that. Lol. Oh well, I'm sure we'll enjoy ourselves regardless.

Just some info I found on weather channel could be helpful.

- Jamaica: *Sunday. *Rain and wind may linger there into early Monday.*

- Grand Cayman: *Monday possibly lingering into early Tuesday

- Cancun/Cozumel: *Wednesday possibly lingering into early Thursday

Found here: http://www.weather.com/news/atlantic-depression-storm-five-20120731

CARNIVAL DREAM – 8/4/12 departure

We are closely monitoring the storm’s path and will adjust the itinerary if needed. The Carnival Dream will proceed to its first port of call, Cozumel, as scheduled.

All sailings departing on or after Saturday, August 4, 2012 continue to operate as scheduled. In the event we need to make a deviation to the itinerary, we will update our guests.

Archived