Luggage Tag Tips

mabkcruisers

To be honest, I haven't found a procedure that didn't work, but some are easier than others...

Personal Preference: print them on card stock, CUT them on the fold lines except the one across the middle (fold it), laminate them with packaging tape (clear, obviously) then punch a hole in them and attach with a ty-rap AFTER you get off the airplane.

I also do the luggage tags with packing tape and zip ties. I also use zip ties for locking up my luggage. I have never had my luggage opened by security, but if they need to, they can cut the ties. I carry extra with me for when cruise is over. If anyone plans on locking with ties, be sure to carry nail clippers with you, so you can open your luggage in your cabin.

We love the luggage tag holder.. BUT we also put them on our luggage before we fly that way if the luggage gets lost the airport would know were we are (ship, room) ... if anything I hope they would try and get it to the ship.. and if not when they try and call our phone and get no answere they wont just toss it a side..I also just print one luggage tag, then put a "return address lable" on it with our home and cell numbers then make copies.. I also put several return address lable in the back of my passport book to use on our return home tags.. to me it saves time..

[ we also put them on our luggage before we fly that way if the luggage gets lost the airport would know were we are (ship, room) ... if anything I hope they would try and get it to the ship.. and if not when they try and call our phone and get no answere they wont just toss it a side..I also just print one luggage tag, then put a "return address lable" on it with our home and cell numbers then make copies.. I also put several return address lable in the back of my passport book to use on our return home tags.. to me it saves time..

You have some good ideas, there! Thanks!:)

We love the luggage tag holder.. BUT we also put them on our luggage before we fly that way if the luggage gets lost the airport would know were we are (ship, room) ... if anything I hope they would try and get it to the ship.. and if not when they try and call our phone and get no answere they wont just toss it a side..I also just print one luggage tag, then put a "return address lable" on it with our home and cell numbers then make copies.. I also put several return address lable in the back of my passport book to use on our return home tags.. to me it saves time..

What I like about the luggage tag holder from favors by serendipity dot com is they will email an itinerary form to you when you place your order and you can put that form in the tag holder with your travel plans (they are hidden from view with a note to baggage handlers on the outside in the event your suitcase gets lost). I use the itinerary form in the luggage tag holder when I fly and then switch to my luggage tag printout before boarding the ship (usually at the hotel since we always come in the day before).

Print on regular paper, fold, cover with clear packing tape, punch hole, attach with small wire tie.

It may be overboard but it is strong and I have never lost a tag. I don't want to find out how effective the unknown cabin luggage procedure is.

What I like about the luggage tag holder from favors by serendipity dot com is they will email an itinerary form to you when you place your order and you can put that form in the tag holder with your travel plans (they are hidden from view with a note to baggage handlers on the outside in the event your suitcase gets lost). I use the itinerary form in the luggage tag holder when I fly and then switch to my luggage tag printout before boarding the ship (usually at the hotel since we always come in the day before).

Sasha'smom: do you still have that itinerary form? I lost mine when cleaning my inbox :(

I always put two tags on each bag. Ever seen people searching through thousands of bags on debarkation day when their tag gets ripped off?

True story: we had our bags pre-checked at at a hotel booked through our last cruise line; I only had tags at that point for one bag each, had to get extras. When we went to a room to identify our luggage for loading on the bus one of ours was missing - the tag had come off. Luckily I was able to find it in the next storage room.

PS: As mentioned by others, I also have ID inside the bags, both for cruise and plane personnel.

I laminated them with some clear contact paper I had and we stapled them on both the top and the side handles of our suitcases. When we had to take them off to put on the zone tags on the last day, they were a slight struggle to get off - but it was nice knowing they would have taken a beating and not come off!

Sasha'smom: do you still have that itinerary form? I lost mine when cleaning my inbox :(

They are a very nice company to work with. If you email them, I'm sure they'll send you another form. fbys.com should get you to their site and there must be a place where you can email them on their home page.

I can't imagine why anyone would still be laminating or taping the tags when these are so nice and easy and durable, buy them once and you're done.....oh well, to each his own:).

Let us know if you were successful. I"d have to dig for it, and I think contacting them would be faster.

We have never made any attempt to make our luggage tags more durable. They only need to last until you get on the ship, then can be tossed once your bags have reached your cabin. They may get crunkled, but we have never had them come off. We don't fly with them on, however.

On our last trip on the Facination we saw a couple of those "non-laminated" luggage tags go blowing across the unloading area right in front of the terminal.

I always wondered how long it took those people to finally get their luggage.....:confused:

They are a very nice company to work with. If you email them' date=' I'm sure they'll send you another form. fbys.com should get you to their site and there must be a place where you can email them on their home page.

I can't imagine why anyone would still be laminating or taping the tags when these are so nice and easy and durable, buy them once and you're done.....oh well, to each his own:).

Let us know if you were successful. I"d have to dig for it, and I think contacting them would be faster.[/quote']

Robertable, did you contact them for the itinerary form? I found it if you still need it.

Once I find out what color my luggage tag will be, I make a run to Home Depot for a gallon of paint and I paint my luggage the same color....then with a thick black marker, I replicate the print from the luggage tag on one side and put my name and info on the other side..then my luggage is like one big luggage tag!!!

It will definately to make it to your room!!!

Or sometimes we use the packing tape method..that is a great alternative too!! hahaha

Enjoy your cruise!!!!

LPC

I know you can staple the luggage tags on, but that just makes me cringe! I can just imagine one of the baggage handlers getting scratched by a staple sticking out, and bleeding on my luggage!! And an owie for him!

I know you can staple the luggage tags on, but that just makes me cringe! I can just imagine one of the baggage handlers getting scratched by a staple sticking out, and bleeding on my luggage!! And an owie for him!

I put some clear tape over the staples no prob.

I agree: staple pokes hurt like paper cuts sometimes. Wouldn't want baggage handlers exposed to pain, infection, etc.:(

Sailing on Monday for the first time with Carnival. We have printed our luggage tags and just wondering if anyone has suggestions for keeping them intact and attached to our suitcases. I have access to a laminator and plan on using it to make them a bit more durable.

Just doing what Carnival recommends is fine (the fold/staple method) They're not total idiots (CCL).

If you're in to craft projects though, you'll find many suggestions.

I fold them in half and tape them on the handle.

But the knows-it-all-19-year-old "I'm a grown *$$ man" step-son, well, he decided he would just leave the one from last cruise on... I should have let him, but I would have had to buy new stuff for him... :rolleyes:

Archived