Luggage Tag Tips

mabkcruisers

Sailing on Monday for the first time with Carnival. We have printed our luggage tags and just wondering if anyone has suggestions for keeping them intact and attached to our suitcases. I have access to a laminator and plan on using it to make them a bit more durable.

I fold mine per instructions printed on the tags, print our name on the line provided, then "laminate" them with clear packing tape. I then punch a hole at the top and attach them to our suitcase handles with zip ties.

This, like so many topics on CC always leads to a debate and people criticizing others' ways of doing it. Some here derisively call what I and others do with our luggage tags a "craft project":rolleyes: and say it's a waste of time and there's no need... but I enjoy my little "craft project" as just one more part of my preparation and anticipation of my cruise.:)

Whatever you chose to do with your tags, enjoy and happy cruising.:)

for my cruises, i laminate them with clear packing tape and attach them with the same tape by double layering them to make sure it is secure. Zip ties do work for securing them.

I recommend putting two tags on the luggage just in case one falls off during transport.

Have luggage tags put on by baggage handlers at the port they will have a staple gun and will put them on.. make sure you also give them a tip or they can easily lose your tags and luggage,, fill out the info cards on your luggage !!also have info on the inside your luggage when flying or any time your on vacation.. I like the idea of putting clear package tape on after the handlers have put your tags on the bags !!!

Thanks for the great ideas! Do you put them in before you leave home or when you claim your luggage at the airport?

Like others have said, I fold them and cover them with packing tape and zip tie them to the handle. I never put them on before the airport--always before we go to the port. I wouldn't want to take the chance they could come off in transit.

I put mine on as instructed with the staple...usually borrow a stapler from the hotel front desk at checkout. If you are flying in on the day of the cruise I would do the lamination project with the zip tie. Being an airline baggage handler I would like to add this. Please make sure there isn't anything sharp on your bag/tags...it's not fun getting a staple in your finger while loading the aircraft.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I print ours on card stock. Instead of folding the outside thirds over, I cut that off. Then I laminate them, fold them in half, then punch a hole in them. At the hotel before we head out to the ship, I put them on the luggage with zip ties. I make extra copies and put unlaminated ones inside of each piece of luggage in case the outside ones fall off (which they never have).

I also used clear packing tape to laminate mine. But I did not use zip ties, I just used the same tape to tape the ends together. Worked fine, no extra expense as we always have packing tape in the house. At the end of the cruise we were instructed to take all tags off put the new tags on that they provide.

Google "cruise luggage tag holders". Favors by Serendipity site has heavy plastic luggage tags with a metal eyelet.

Great investment. Haven't had to worry about tags now in years.

We have the same tag holders we got from Serendipity online also. They are fabulous and have held up cruise after cruise.

Prior to finding the luggage tag holders, I went to Staples and had them laminated (costs under $2), punched a hole in them and they gave me plastic loops that we put thru the holes and attached to the luggage. Laminating worked great too, but with the luggage holders, don't need to go run and do another errand...they are reusable.

We have never made any attempt to make our luggage tags more durable. They only need to last until you get on the ship, then can be tossed once your bags have reached your cabin. They may get crunkled, but we have never had them come off. We don't fly with them on, however.

I also print them on "plain ol' paper" and laminate them putting a punch hole and use tie wraps to put them on. I also shrink them down and laminate a couple credit card sized one's to put on carry on and camera.

I bought these really neat luggage tag things that r reuseable and I just fold and but luggage tags in them and just zip tie them the day of the cruise if we're flying if we're driving I put them on before we leave home. I also place a luggage tag inside each piece of luggage that is check and zip tie it to the mesh part of the inside of my luggage.

Archived