Select to Elite

pilot

I have booked Allure of the Seas 27 Jan-3 Feb. When we finish this cruise we will move to Diamond on RCCL.

I am then going on Silhouette 3 Feb-10 Feb. We are Select on Celebrity.

I want to be able to use the Elite perks on the Silhouette.

Does anyone have an idea how to inform Celebrity of our newly reached status?

The way I understand it is once you are a member of the Captain's Club, what you do with RCL is not relevant. You'll have to get to 10 points on X. If you weren't previousy a member, then after your next cruise on RCL you would join X as an Elite. I ran into this problem going from X to RCL. I may be wrong though.

Have the CC host call or email over to the other ship, and give you a note explaining your status. We became Elite after a cruise on Solstice and immediately got onto Century for another cruise. The CC hostess handled it for us, but gave us a note in case there was any problem. Don't leave it to the very end of the cruise to ask though because they are busy then.

Sheila

First, I believe that what Mr.Packer wrote isn't correct. It may have been relevant to going fromX to Royal but right now, even after you have cruised once on x and have joined Captain 's Club, should your status on Royal change due to further cruising on that line, X will recognize you at the appropriate higher level.

the difficulty here, which smctan didn't run into is that you are going across lines, not within X which is what happened with smctan. normally it takes a little time for the new status to be recognized after the qualifying cruise. More than just a day or two, which is all the time the OP has.

I believe that the Captain's Club host can generate a list of all cruises taken across both lines. That list, in this case, wouldn't show the cruise just taken, of course, but Presumably the OP would have the paperwork showing that justcompleted cruise, and with luck that's all the Captain's Club host will need to grant Elite status during the X cruise. but it might take a couple of days, so be prepared for that.

If I do understand You debark RCCL at 3 feb AND Embark X on 3 Feb! Problem is You are rewarded to next level AFTER completing your Cruise.

Now this is a very short period for both RCCL and X making things hapen. My advise: contact both programs (C&A and Captainsclub) in advance and explain your problem.

I have booked Allure of the Seas 27 Jan-3 Feb. When we finish this cruise we will move to Diamond on RCCL.

I am then going on Silhouette 3 Feb-10 Feb. We are Select on Celebrity.

I want to be able to use the Elite perks on the Silhouette.

Does anyone have an idea how to inform Celebrity of our newly reached status?

Yours is a very unsual case in that you will reach Diamond one week which will make you eligible to be Elite the following week on Silhouette.

I would make every effort once on Silhouette to contact the Captains Club rep on board as soon as possible upon boarding. Hopefully you will be able to work it out but as I said this is a rare situation.

Prepare for a long wait. And really, nothing they can tell you can do you much good. Whether or not you can be recognized as Elite on the Celebrity cruise will be almost entirely up to the Captain's Club host on that cruise. Take him or her all your documentation and cross your fingers. It just takes so long for the status to change that He or she would have to do the pushing for you. Get to that desk first thing because it could take a couple of days to get it taken care of.

Thanks for all of the replies. I have sent emails to both Captain's Club and Crown and Anchor...waiting for answer.

Lastly, You will have to be iniated into the Elite Club on board. You will be required to buy a round of drinks for all the Elite at the Martini Bar. ;)

See you there!

• 2 weeks later...

Received a reply from both Captains Club and Crown and Anchor.

Crown and Anchor put a note in my reservation and said they contacted Captains Club about my situation.

Captains Club said they noted my reservation and to contact the Loyalty Ambassador on the Silhouette when we board to pick up our Elite coupon booklets and benefits.

Great service by both!!!!

On the issue of moving from one level to another I am an Elite membeer with X

With Cunard a couple of years ago I did a T/A on the QM2 and for the 2nd leg back to the UK I had changed level and this happened without me needing to do anything. Also got the wine flowers Internet time etc

Sue

Archived