Single digit DANCE!! on the MARINER in 8 days! A few Q's

Can't believe after 10 months of researching, planning and "living" on the boards our cruise is finally here! I carry that feeling of excitment and anticipation with me all the time now!

I've been suffering from VBS.....Vacation Brain Syndrome for two weeks now!

Just a couple of last minute questions on the Mariner!

For those who Bingo, how much is it? Do they have the electronic and the paper kind?

DId they just have pre made sushi at Jade or the Sushi Bar?

How long does it take to eat sit down bkfst or lunch?

If you've done the morning stretch excercise class, did you do stretching and aerobics or just yoga stretching?

Who has done the hot rocks massage? How much and did you like it?

Should I wear my red panties to Quest?? :o

Thanks to all on the board for all the advice from those who have gone before me!

Jacquelyn :D

Well..the only things i can comment on are the sushi..doesn't appear to be pre-made?...And the brkfst /lnch thing....we were on Mariner last Fall..(loved it!!!) and ate every meal in dining room..could take anywhere from 45 min to 1 and half hours..depending upon # of people etc at the table......we are never in a hurry so that's okay..seemed to go quickly at breakfast..esp a smaller table...we felt rushed at lunch a few times....Three are always so many other choices for meals that if you are in a hurry..go to the buffets...

Have fun!!!

BTW..I lived in Marietta (near J/Ferry Shallowford) for 9 yrs..where are you?

Can't believe after 10 months of researching, planning and "living" on the boards our cruise is finally here! I carry that feeling of excitment and anticipation with me all the time now!

For those who Bingo, how much is it? Do they have the electronic and the paper kind?

If you've done the morning stretch excercise class, did you do stretching and aerobics or just yoga stretching?

Thanks to all on the board for all the advice from those who have gone before me!

Jacquelyn,

We were reserved to be on your cruise but eventually chose the one after you return. Take care of her.

I think the bingo game we played was about $30/game and the game included several boards. Didn't win anything though. :rolleyes:

Breakfast and lunch was quick for us. I remember looking for a table but it never took too long; maybe a minute or so during crowded time.

Yes, definitely wear your red panties ( they are thong aren't they) :o to the quest game and participate.

Have fun!!! I think you are going to love this ship. We had the vacation of a lifetime last year.

Don't know - but get there early, it can get mobbed quickly!

Sushi = gross :D

Depends, it took longer at the dining room and I didn't like the service there mcuh for bkfst, except the morning when we had our dinner server. The Windjammer wasn't bad, took me about 20-30 minutes to have a big meal, but I'm an early riser and was at the head of the line.

Wasn't old enough for gym.

I wish.

I'm NOT GOING THERE! :D LOL Can someone tell me what the heck the Quest is anyways?

MKK - I live in West Cobb...Lived in South Cobb as a kid and went to Pebblebrook HS. We are going to move to Paulding CO next year....we bought property out there about 3 years ago. Property in West Cobb was about $75-90K/acre, In Paulding one mile off the Cobb/Paulding line I found 5+ acres for about $21/acre.

House building will curtail my cruise opportunities for a couple of years! :(

SOOO......I'm going to Really enjoy this one!

Looked at the moon phases and the moon is supposed to be full when we are at sea! :)

Bon Voyage all!

Since the first reply mentioned that the time to eat breakfast in the main dining room depends on how many people are at the table, I have a question.

Do they put everyone together in large tables for breakfast or can you eat alone? If we have a group of say 4 or 6 would we be able to get our own table? Thanks!

It was $35 for 6 paper cards for each of 4 games. I won $143!!

I had one done on HAL a year ago. It was wonderful, but can't comment on Mariner.

Should I wear my red panties to Quest?? redface.gif

As long as you wear something eek.gif Defintely wear your sexiest bra, though wink.gif

Have a wonderful time. We thoroughly enjoyed our first "mega-ship" cruise.

I've had several massages onboard, but never booked the hot stone Untill recently. I like a deeper massage and thought the stone massage might be a little too light, but boy was a wrong! As a surprise on our cruise a couple of weeks ago, my DH booked the hot stone massage for me. The therapist told me they used 2 different oils, one was a lavender-type aromatherapy oil, the other a deeper tissue oil (rosemary scented) that they used for arthritis. I chose the arthritis option and all I can say is WOW! It was great. The pressure she used with the stones was just right and she also used her elbows to get those deep down areas. Try it if you've never done it! This was on a Celebrity ship, but they use the Steiner Spa people, so I am assuming it would be simliar on the Mariner.

Oh, and depending on the cruise director, yes wear your red panties to Quest!

Bingo cards are the paper kind with perforated squares that you fold over (do NOT pull off) - fiddly things. $35 for pack of 6 games last year,if I remember right.Prizes are around $200 with a jackpot for the last game.

Breakfast takes the same time as in any good restaurant,if you want to take the time and enjoy the service,otherwise head to the Windjammer and help yourself. I like sitting by the windows looking out at the sea to eat my breakfast,solo.

Jacquelyn11..

We were in E Cobb..just guessing but assume you are about my kids' age or so..didn't get out W Cobb too much but my daughter in law is in real estate and is now managing a new development out there some place.. I know that real estate has gone through the roof! She and my son live in Woodstock/Towne Lake area...know Paulding is going to be a great investment for you the way ATL is growing!

Have a wonderful cruise....The Mariner is awesome...please pay attention to the artwork in the stairwells..some of the most unique, beautiful and interesting displays I've ever seen! (Sounds nerdy I know but you'll know what I mean if you just take the time to look)

Post when you return and Have Fun!

We just got back from watching the lovely lady slide out to sea from our land based spot at Grills a couple of hours ago.

Sigh....

She only gets to leave without us 2 more times.

I will be one of those people waving to you from there when you leave just before we do!

Cheers!

I "watched" it too from the Radisson Web Cam! I'll have a good view next Sunday! We are planning to eat at Grills next Saturday night, so we can watch the ships go by while we eat.

I think my husband's cousins are going on your cruise also! They live in Serento, FL, near Mt. Dora.

Just 6 days!

Just the Paper kind

Sorry Can't help you there!

Probabally 25 mins at the least

I just did stretching for the ship shape dollar

Sorry

I'm not going to touch that with a 25 foot pole.hehehe. Wear whatever you think would be the most applicable to the situation!

PS You will have an awesome time on the Mariner!

You Must be sailing 5/22.So are we (16 of us) We're from Woodstock, Ga and Douglasville, Ga.Please wear the red panties

Is that just for the women?? ;)

Ok...no...I won't go there!! :D

Counting down to our cruise too...just 19 days now!

"Ya'll" bring her on back in one piece now!! :)

Cheers!

Go out and buy DH "red boxers"!! :o

Uh-oh! Ghoterman, you folks are TOO close to my hometown! You are supposed to go wild and crazy with folks you will probably never see again! Not with folks you might meet on the street the week after the cruise!! :eek: I might have even gone to HIGH SCHOOL with one of you! :eek: :eek: (DOUBLE EEK!)

I'll just have to take my chances!!

Archived