Singapore Hotel

icat2000

General Max -- I'm posting this only to continue what I said before. Which in turn underscores that we all make individual decisions. Whether anyone else is happy, who cares, as long as we are happy.

This applies to your plan to check into an airport hotel and after some napping transfer to your real hotel. I wouldn't do it myself for the following reason: Various hotels in Singapore offer booking variations in 6-hour blocks. On arrival, I would go directly to my selected hotel in Singapore -- after making sure that my needs were understood -- rather than moving the stuff twice. I would find that a simpler and more relaxing option.

But to each his own.

We will book into the hotel with our carry on bags only. We will pick up our other luggage when we depart the airport. The hotel is located before you go thr

ough customs inspection.

Sarah you should be happy with that hotel. It's pretty hard to get a hotel in Singapore under $200 now so thats a good deal. It is just up the road from where my son and daughter in law live. One word of caution there is some building happening right next door so make sure that you tell them to put you in a hotel on the other side of the building and you will be fine:)

It is out of the city centre, but close to the airport and a good shopping centre nearby. We are actually going to Singapore next week for 16 days to visit our family and again in Nov before our cruise.

Are there any hotels you would suggest for a longer stay? My cousin Jessica and her partner Sally are traveling the world for the next two years. They plan on being in Southeast Asia from about March through September of 2013. I want to join them in Singapore for 10 days. They may be looking at hostels. I would like to stay in a nice hotel in a safe area.

Thanks for any info you might have. Hopefully it might help others as well if they decide to stay in Singapore a few days before a cruise.:)

Does anyone know what you do about not being able to pick up luggage if you stay in a transit hotel at the airport. where does the luggage go if you are not at the carousel to identify. does it make a difference which hotel you choose to stay at, do you need to find one that will be in the same terminal where your luggage is being held.

Does anyone know what you do about not being able to pick up luggage if you stay in a transit hotel at the airport. where does the luggage go if you are not at the carousel to identify. does it make a difference which hotel you choose to stay at, do you need to find one that will be in the same terminal where your luggage is being held.

The luggage goes to unclaimed baggage where you can retrieve it.

• 2 weeks later...

My stay at the Grand Roxy Mecure was fine. It was exactly what I needed. Free shuttle each way. Gave me an overnight rest before making two more flights the next day to Italy. The room was clean and spacious and across the road there was plenty of places to eat and buy food and local stores.

Cool! Have fun during your stay!

Just booked the Ambassador Hotel at the Singapore airport for arrival on January 30, 2013 at 1;30 AM. We will stay there until later in the morning before transfering to the Park Hotel at Clarke Quay. This will save about $250 rather than booking the Park Hotel for an extra night when we would arrive at about 3:00 AM.

• 2 weeks later...
Just booked the Ambassador Hotel at the Singapore airport for arrival on January 30, 2013 at 1;30 AM. We will stay there until later in the morning before transfering to the Park Hotel at Clarke Quay. This will save about $250 rather than booking the Park Hotel for an extra night when we would arrive at about 3:00 AM.

I never received the e-mail confirmation.

Archived