Pearl kids pool: pictures or comments...

leeker13

Good evening,

We will be on the Pearl next year with a 1 year old and a 4 year old, is the kids pool designed for kids in swim diapers or geared more towards the 4 year old? Does anyone please have any pictures of this area that you can please post?

Thank you,

Leeker

Good evening,

We will be on the Pearl next year with a 1 year old and a 4 year old, is the kids pool designed for kids in swim diapers or geared more towards the 4 year old? Does anyone please have any pictures of this area that you can please post?

Thank you,

Leeker

NCL does not allow kids to swim in any pools with diapers, including swim diapers. They must be potty trained.

There are 2 main pools on the Pearl.

The one with the waterfall is an adult only pool.

The other one (and closest to the water slide) is the "family" pool. It has a shallow part that goes around the sides that you can sit in and walk it.

IMG7538-M.jpg

Then off to the side and behind clear glass doors (also with a roof over it, so it's shaded) there is a small kiddie pool with a small slide:

IMG7574-M.jpg

My daughter stayed in the bigger pool and on the slides most of the time when we went in March, but did play in here a few times. She was 3 years old at the time and just be aware that all the kids that went down this slide would run into the wall in the front of it (but it does have some padding on it). They also have several toys in the area to play with in the water.

Then there is an area up on one of the decks that I happen to discover mid-cruise and I was just wondering around. It's like a water play area, but you have to turn the knobs to get the water to come on. (They had tables stacked in the area at the time, but you could still play and use it).

IMG1242-M.jpg

Now with all that being said, this will benefit your 4 year old (IF they are potty trained). The 1 year old will not be allowed in the water at all. It is against the rules and for sanitation/health purposes.

I had heard of people bringing a small blow up pool for children too young in the pools, but of course you would have to have a balcony room to put it on.

I hope this helps.

The picture of the pool with the small pink slide was the one that was used by babies and toddlers all wearing diapers when I was on the ship in April.

Which is a shame, since non-potty trained children are not supposed to be in there.

My kids will say that the slide is worthless as it's impossible to actually slide down. One must "scoot" the whole way. The pool itself is decent sized though.

We had found that most of the girls that went down the slide (including myself and my daughter) that had the slippery type Lycra bathing suits and no problem sliding down. The guys swim trunks (not sure of the material they are made of) had issues and had to scoot. Maybe it's just the material that prevents you from sliding, I'm not sure.

Something is wrong with the NCL slides. They are not slick enough. Everyone ends up sort of scooting down. You do that once and you don't need to do it again.

Agree on the Jewel class. Not so on the Epic. The Epic slides are fresh water and FAST

Archived