alcohol in cabin???

hi all, we are cruising on 15th September on Adventure, i know that you are not allowed to purchase alcohol and take it to your room but can we get alcohol delivered to our cabin. We would like to sit on the balcony at night before heading out and have a couple of beers xx

You are also able to purchase a drink from any bar (or a bucket of beer from the pool or sky bar) and take it where ever you like. So, if you didn't want to wait for room service, stop and get whatever you want on your way to your cabin.

You are also able to purchase a drink from any bar (or a bucket of beer from the pool or sky bar) and take it where ever you like. So, if you didn't want to wait for room service, stop and get whatever you want on your way to your cabin.

was trying to find out information on the bucket of beer but there was none for the Adventure, if we could buy a bucket of beer on the 1st day that would be fine xxx

We buy a wine package for a couple more bottles than we'd drink just for dinner.... then have the dining room staff give us one of our bottles at a time to take back to the room. No problem with any of the cruise lines weve been on.;)

I think you can also purchase the wine package which saves a little and have some of them sent to your room.

I don't believe you can have your wine sent to your room from the wine package but we have ordered extra at dinner to take back as well as got them in the WJ to take back - never a problem.

You can take multiple drinks/beer back to your cabin....they don't care as long as you purchase it from them by the drink!!!!

For some reason, they treat wine differently...you can have bottles in your cabin (purchased from them, of course!)

I don't believe you can have your wine sent to your room from the wine package but we have ordered extra at dinner to take back as well as got them in the WJ to take back - never a problem.

This has been my experience also, however I've read here that some people have been able to get room service to deliver a bottle from their package to the stateroom.

You can also purchase single bottles of wine at most bars and take them back to your stateroom.

Do you know how much the single bottles of wine cost. I know there are all different kinds but can you give me a range of the prices or do they have a wine list I can check out?

Do you know how much the single bottles of wine cost. I know there are all different kinds but can you give me a range of the prices or do they have a wine list I can check out?

You can look online in the Gifts and Gear section. The online list is only a portion of the wines they have on board, but might serve to give you an idea. The majority of bottles on the MDR wine list are in the $23 to $75 range, not including the mandatory 15% gratuity.

You can look online in the Gifts and Gear section. The online list is only a portion of the wines they have on board, but might serve to give you an idea. The majority of bottles on the MDR wine list are in the $23 to $75 range, not including the mandatory 15% gratuity.

i know that you can do wine packages but we are not wine drinkers xx

i know that you can do wine packages but we are not wine drinkers xx

If you do the bucket, make sure they don't open the bottles and bring a bottle opener unless you are drinking US beer.

hi all, we are cruising on 15th September on Adventure, i know that you are not allowed to purchase alcohol and take it to your room but can we get alcohol delivered to our cabin. We would like to sit on the balcony at night before heading out and have a couple of beers xx

Since you have asked about having a couple of beers not wine, I suggest just doing what we do. Put a twelve pack of your favorite beer in you luggage and more than likely they won't find it and you can just put it on ice and enjoy. We typically put a 12 pk in each of our suitcases (2) and end up with a case to enjoy on our trip. I don't mind buying a beer here and there on the ship but, spending 3-4 times as much for 1 beer as I do buying it at a store is just stupid IMHO. So, try it and see if it works. If you put a 12 pk in 2 suitcases the odds are they won't find both and at least you'll have one 12 pk to enjoy on your balcony. Bon Voyage and Bottoms Up!

We prepurchased four bottles of wine and champagne from the Gifts section to last for our recent 7 night cruise. When we entered our room just after 1pm on boarding day, each bottle of wine was in a wine bucket and nicely chilled, and each had its own glass type to go with it, plus a bottle opener. :eek:

They must have thought we were going to party hard that night, but it also kind of makes a rort of their stated policy of the sensible serving of alcohol as being the reason why wine can't be brought onboard.....

Since you have asked about having a couple of beers not wine, I suggest just doing what we do. Put a twelve pack of your favorite beer in you luggage and more than likely they won't find it and you can just put it on ice and enjoy. We typically put a 12 pk in each of our suitcases (2) and end up with a case to enjoy on our trip. I don't mind buying a beer here and there on the ship but, spending 3-4 times as much for 1 beer as I do buying it at a store is just stupid IMHO. So, try it and see if it works. If you put a 12 pk in 2 suitcases the odds are they won't find both and at least you'll have one 12 pk to enjoy on your balcony. Bon Voyage and Bottoms Up!

would they not explode on the plane!!!!!!!

It sounds like they might want to play by the rules.:eek:

would they not explode on the plane!!!!!!!

No, the luggage compartment is pressurized.

Most are pressurized, but only to the extent as the regular cabin which is around 8000 ft, and you also have to consider the handling of your luggage in addition to the pressure concerns... :eek:

But I figure the poster either drives to port, or makes it a point to buy the cases of beer before getting on the cruise. Either would solve the issues mentioned. :D

Archived