Travel plug for apple products

remydiva

I know I can use the wall outlet by the hair dryer to,charge my NetBook and iPad while on the ship on upcoming grand med cruise.

My question is: when at hotels in Europe, is a travel plug converter set good enough to plug iPad into OR do I need to pay the $39 for the apple store converter plug set?

Please and thank you.

I used an international plug adapter, plugged our iPhones & iPad into the standard iPhone adapter, plugged everything into a power strip, which was then plugged into the plug adaptor, and we were good to go. This was at our precruise hotel in England. Don't need to buy the apple pack.

I know I can use the wall outlet by the hair dryer to,charge my NetBook and iPad while on the ship on upcoming grand med cruise.

My question is: when at hotels in Europe, is a travel plug converter set good enough to plug iPad into OR do I need to pay the $39 for the apple store converter plug set?

Please and thank you.

Apple products (MacBook Pros, iPads, etc...) are dual voltage so you don't need a converter. You will need an adapter.

I personally like Apple's adapters and would advise to buy them as they are very handy and exchange easily with their plugins but a European adapter (depending on what country) would work just as well.

I use a standard multi-country adapter like this one. I want one with surge protection because sometimes converted power can fluctuate, or if you forget in one of those hotels where the power goes off when you leave, it can surge when comes back on:

11AZPJUxeVL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

http://rcm.amazon.com/e/cm?lt1=_blank&bc1=000000&IS2=1&bg1=FFFFFF&fc1=000000&lc1=0000FF&t=visualbasicres02&o=1&p=8&l=as4&m=amazon&f=ifr&ref=ss_til&asins=B002E7L7UO

With one of these (for international I like these better than the Belkins because they don't pull down on the converter) plus it has USB ports built in that will charge my iphone and kindle (and iPad 3 but slowly)

41QEOpokMAL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

http://rcm.amazon.com/e/cm?lt1=_blank&bc1=000000&IS2=1&bg1=FFFFFF&fc1=000000&lc1=0000FF&t=visualbasicres02&o=1&p=8&l=as4&m=amazon&f=ifr&ref=ss_til&asins=B0018MEBNG

Bear in mind this is part of my kit for reasonably frequent intl travel. If this is a one shot trip you may not want to invest even $40.

Archived