Liberty of the Seas out of Barcelona

We have the Liberty of the Seas booked out of Barcelona in October. We are going in two nights early and hope to find a place to stay. We booked our cruise and air through Royal Caribbean but we have different circumstances that will not allow us to book the hotel through them.

The first night it will just be my husband and I. The second night our daughter is flying in from Nice, France and we will need a room for 3 people. I would like to stay in Barcelona close to the airport so we can meet up with our daughter and the three of us take a cab to the seaport.

Can anyone recommend a clean, inexpensive hotel close to the airport in Barcelona please? Also, is it easy to get a taxi to go to the seaport? Because we are coming in two days early we could not book transfers go to the seaport, but we were able to from the seaport to the airport the day we go home.

It was my mistake, and I waited until final payment was just about due and found that all the hotels that RCCL holds for pre-cruise stays were sold out. Apparently they block X amount of rooms and they all were booked so we missed out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Yes of course. Go over to the Spain board; there are literally hundreds of threads about Barcelona hotels. You don't even have to start a new thread - you can just read through the first pages and get some ideas. Here it is:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=596 <--click here

We took the Liberty transatlantic last October out of Barcelona. The airport isn't that far from the city, but it's not IN the city. We flew in 2 days early, and enjoyed the city. What a great place. If you don't want to stay in the city, there is a train system that runs from the airport to the city.

We have the Liberty of the Seas booked out of Barcelona in October. We are going in two nights early and hope to find a place to stay. We booked our cruise and air through Royal Caribbean but we have different circumstances that will not allow us to book the hotel through them.

The first night it will just be my husband and I. The second night our daughter is flying in from Nice, France and we will need a room for 3 people. I would like to stay in Barcelona close to the airport so we can meet up with our daughter and the three of us take a cab to the seaport.

Can anyone recommend a clean, inexpensive hotel close to the airport in Barcelona please? Also, is it easy to get a taxi to go to the seaport? Because we are coming in two days early we could not book transfers go to the seaport, but we were able to from the seaport to the airport the day we go home.

It was my mistake, and I waited until final payment was just about due and found that all the hotels that RCCL holds for pre-cruise stays were sold out. Apparently they block X amount of rooms and they all were booked so we missed out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

We used the Hilton for our Liberty cruise. Its not in the thick of it all (rather pleasant area) and very clean and tidy.

My experiences in Barcelona tell me that there is no such thing as an inexpensive hotel - in the city or near the airport. By the way, the airport is a reasonable distance from the port.:)

UGH! Nothing much to speak of at or near the airport. Pretty slim pickings for hotels. Guess you can tell I was not impressed. It's all pretty industrial and there is nothing close to walk to.

We've stayed near the airport and in Barcelona. Choose to stay in Barcelona. Similar costs, HUGE difference in everything else.

At the airport you are not near anything...anything. In town, you can walk to just about everything you would like to do... restaurants, sightseeing..

...choose to stay IN Barcelona. :)

We have stayed at the BCN Renassiance. We know exactly where to go to get the free shuttle from BCN.

Being Platinum members of Marriott, we love this hotel because it has a nice executive lounge (think free beer/wine and breakfast and evening appetizers, all the water and soda you can drink, of course).

They have a shuttle downtown that leaves a couple times a day and it is so inexpensive...a couple of the routes/times are free, others are 5 euros. We have taken it numerous times.

We are staying two nights also before LOS in October. We got a great rate for 88 euros.

The shuttle to the pier is also included...but we may take a taxi anyway. DH doesn't like to he herded in those shuttle buses and they always seem to be full to/from ship (unlike their treks downtown).

Counting down!

Dawn

We usually stay in the Gran Hotel Torre de Catalunya. They sometimes have great offers on their own site, if not go to alpharooms or trivago to find a good deal. Make sure you get a hotel rate including breakfast, it is really worth it for the food and for the views from the restaurant.

The hotel is not at the airport but at Sants Train Station (you do not hear the train). It is an easy and cheap subway or bus ride to the airport and once you are at the hotel, you can get anywhere you want to via subway since you are at the hub. On embarkation day, if you travel light, you can use the subway to the colon statue at the entrance to the port area and the shuttle bus from there to the ship. If you want a taxi, they are plentifull because you are in front of the train station.

Also there is a hop-on hop off bus stop at the train station if you want to see Barcelona.

If you need some last minute convenience shopping, there is a big supermarket in the below-street level of the hotel.

Although it is not in the historic center, we have always found it very convenient because you have all transportation options right in front of the door and you are never far from where you want to go. It is not only convenient for visiting but for arriving and departing as well.

Archived