NCL Sky Picture Review, as promised

gambee

qovcpi.jpg

ok, here we go. This was the worst dish we ate, well my mom ate. She ordered it and said it was good, but my mom will say everything just to keeps others happy. I believe it was Crusted Mahi Mahi, it was plain dry and tasteless, just an extremely plain dish. I almost got myself, thank God I changed my mind.

2uidtgy.jpg

MY steak, sorry I started eating it, I was so hungry and forgot to take the picture. lol, the steak was very nice, its the one in the permanent menu, I forgot the kind, but its the one in the right hand side of the menu.

2igzr.jpg

Sunset through the window in the MDR

20uqr2r.jpg

OMG!!!!!! this cheese plate was amazing. get it!!!!!! I think you can get dessert and cheese plate.

n5ggh1.jpg

Mom's berries and cream, very tasty

33l3775.jpg

Aft of the ship the wake was not too much, its a short distance from one port to the other.

Loving your review and pictures... We will be sailing on the Sky in 2 weeks. Me, my husband and 2 older teens (19 &16). We are so ready and excited! ;)

Awesome, have fun. It's a vacation that will leave lots of memories, enjoy and share some good memories.

Thank you for keeping up with my bad grammar. I thought no one would read it just because of that reason.

Wonderful review and pictures. Thank you for taking the time to write and post. Were there any staff members who stood out above the rest>

Most of the staff is Excellent, but yes there was one server in the MDR she was a lady very nice, although we had a slight language barrier with her she was fantastic. It's a shame that I dont recall her name, but I sailed on July 27 and it was on that night, she was serving the back of the ship, the tables to the left. it's highly unlikely she will be there again, but just saying. But overall excellent service.

I had one complain with service, in the bar at the top most deck, we sat at a table the very first drinks we ordered were a strawberry daiquiri and a long island. The server assumed that we wanted the more expensive version large version and got us those, when I saw the bill I was like :eek::eek::eek::eek: it was like $24 for two drinks. I almost had a heart attack, I thought that was going to be the price of normal drinks. But later saw people with smaller cups and got those, also dont get the large ones, they just add more juice and not more alcohol. Its a rip off!!!! unless you want the fancy cup which we left at the table....:(

remember that if your Mom didn't enjoy her plate she can ask to have it change. it suc*s to waste food but that's the good thing about cruise you eat what you want and as much as you want.

at the MDR i go crazy with pasta, steak, etc and then kill myself at the gym hahah

remember that if your Mom didn't enjoy her plate she can ask to have it change. it suc*s to waste food but that's the good thing about cruise you eat what you want and as much as you want.

at the MDR i go crazy with pasta, steak, etc and then kill myself at the gym hahah

Yeah I told her that, but she insisted it was fine. I think we were both tired and maybe she did not want to wait for her new entree.

I could be wrong here, since I dont drink beer. But I did buy 1 beer to see the price, I believe it was 6.25 including the 15% the tip. the bucket is buy 4 and get 1 free or buy 5 and get 1 free. Not entirely sure, but its one of those two. Also I think buying buttwipers is cheaper than millers light, sorry I meant budweiser lol, just jk.

Enjoying your review and pictures very much! And I think buttwipers is a much more apt name!

Loving your review. Did you happen to save the daily activity sheets? We are trying to figure out what night to go to CAGNEYS. Thank you! Keep it up, your English is great!!!

Unfortunately no. But the good shows were on the first and last night. The second night was kinda crappy. In any case cagneys is never too crowded so you could make the decision there with no problems. Just wait until you board and go the guest services.

After seeing your photos and reading about the new features at GSC, I think I may just have to take this cruise in January as a 4-nighter. (Plus those 4 nights will bring me to Latitudes Gold. :p)

I always say I think of NCL as the sexy cruise line, but this ship looks like even more of a party than usual. :cool:

fxxxj9.jpg

this guy robs us, I tried to report him but no one responded to my pleads of help, lol ;)

35id56s.jpg

This guy was waiting for us in our cabin.

2vj2xic.jpg

funny game show

4gohw.jpg

White Party

Do the majority of people actually wear white to the White hot party? I hate wearing white I just don't want to stick out like a sore thumb for not wearing white lol.

I'm sorry you got a clamshell by the family area

Is there a reason you did not get one by the adult area?

Is there a choice - or first come first serve?

Thanks so much for this current review!

They are building a patron bar for Sept. - you might go back and try that for stronger drinks LOL

Do the majority of people actually wear white to the White hot party? I hate wearing white I just don't want to stick out like a sore thumb for not wearing white lol.

Well for the most part yes. Some people had just a white shirt, or white shoes, or white pants and the rest of their clothes other colors but for the most part yes. Look at the picture of the game show, notice most of them have white cloths? the party was right after the show.

I'm sorry you got a clamshell by the family area

Is there a reason you did not get one by the adult area?

Is there a choice - or first come first serve?

Thanks so much for this current review!

They are building a patron bar for Sept. - you might go back and try that for stronger drinks LOL

That was the only option offered to us, the clam shells are set there. The adult area had no clam shells. But in any case we used that clam shell for maybe 20 minutes. After I lost 5 punds from all the sweating we left it. The only reason we got it was because moms skin is susceptible to cancer and you know that is hereditary. So yeah.... In any case ours was separated from the kids, so it was not as bad concerning noise. But the ones towards the back are.

But please do yourself a favor, do not rent them. Either get there early or simply buy an umbrella and bring it with you. Finding shaded areas in the ship was another problem they pretty much taken by chair hogers.

156datd.jpg

Atlantis from the Ship

20gi04m.jpg

Ice carving demonstration at by the pool

w06ld.jpg

First time the ship was going at full speed. Going back home :(

2v0y0xf.jpg

chilaxing by the kids pool, best place of the pool decks. nice and quiet.

hrabma.jpg

Kids pool and Jacuzzi

vzkabp.jpg

Jogging deck

2a44u0.jpg

The moon, sorry if its fuzzy, but i left the tripod in the room.

2gxhaqg.jpg

And finally here is the picture of that Iphoto Tagged from the GPS in my camera. the gap is when I was sleeping. :)

Hope you everyone enjoyed the review. Let me know if you have any questions. Ill be glad to answer them.

Great review, thanks for taking the time to post it! I'm going over to see your critique of Atlantis. I really got turned off from that place and I didn't even pay to have to go see it. I don't think I'd ever pay to use their water park, too much money.

The pictures look great, glad you were able to post them!