Everything Breakaway!(LIVE on 4/28)

loungerz

According to the AIS signal the "convoy" (one police boat, 4 tugs and the Norwegian Breakaway) is still app. 2 km away from the train bridge at Weener. So it will take a while til we can see them again on the NDR live stream.

Here you´ll find some more inside photos made on Monday. I know it´s not the best but click on the US flag (top right side) for a google translation of the text.

steamboats

That's a lot of cruise ship aficionados.

I can't imagine this ever gets old for them, because it wouldn't for me either. A new ship every year, sometimes two a year, for the last 8 years passing through their back yards. Must be very cool! :D

I'm not sure that lifeboats on the other side would have got past the first bridge.

That's what I was thinking too. There's another one a little further down river that is a railroad bridge where they actually have to remove the mid-trestle for the ships to squeeze through.

No, there are no live boats on the other side of the ship.

This is the Friesenbrücke at Weener and that´s the railroad bridge. You can see the part they have to remove each time for an Ems conveyance hanging on a crane at the right side.

steamboats

We know they aren't there. It was being discussed earlier.

I know, I just wanted to confirm it. I saw that they are missing earlier this morning when she was still docked at the ship yard. DH sent me a cell phone photo showing the ship from the other side. I can´t post it on here as it´s too large (and I don´t have a program to downsize is here in my office:rolleyes:).

steamboats

Archived