I'm seeking info on the 'next cruise' cert?

sassy~one

While on your cruise, if you waste your precious Vaca time to Book your next cruise,

you will get OBC for that next cruise and two Cert. that match that OBC to give to friends or family

They then have to book the same cruise, with in 60 days in order for them to get that OBC

Or if you don't care, or have friends that you know will not be able to book that cruise with you with in 60 days

Just get the Future Cruise Cert. Takes two mins of your Vacation Time

and you have 2 years to use it.

Then just get a new one every time you cruise.

(if you plan on cruising with in the next two years)

Here is a question - if both my parents & my DH & I buy a certificate and each get our OBC and a certificate for friends & family can we each give the extra certificate to each other to use? Can we use them for the same cruise? Am I making sense? Do we have to actually book the future cruise while on the current cruise? What type of deposit do we have to put down? If both couples book a future cruise while on current one will we each get a certificate for F & F that we can swap with each other?

Thanks!

Here is a question - if both my parents & my DH & I buy a certificate and each get our OBC and a certificate for friends & family can we each give the extra certificate to each other to use? Can we use them for the same cruise? Am I making sense? Do we have to actually book the future cruise while on the current cruise? What type of deposit do we have to put down? If both couples book a future cruise while on current one will we each get a certificate for F & F that we can swap with each other?

Thanks!

You can only use one certificate per cabin~ so if you & DH each buy one in your name you can't use them for the same cabin. Examply on a 7day cruise, you send in the online form for the FCC in your DH's name and you'd get $100 OBC, you would not be able to use another certificate in your name and get another $100 obc for the same cabin~ In order to get the Friends & Family certificates yes you have to book the cruise on the cruise. Not sure what amount of deposit you'd have to put down but I'd assume it would be the regular amount depending on how many days the cruise is. No swapping of F&F certs~ those go to other people~

Here ya go...from Carnival's FAQs:

What is the Loyalty and Cruise Vacation Program

Loyalty and Cruise Vacation Program

The Loyalty and Cruise Vacation Program will allow guests traveling on a Carnival ship the opportunity to book their future Carnival vacation on board. The program is fleet wide with the exception of the Carnival Victory, Carnival Imagination, Carnival Inspiration and Carnival Sensation.

We were on the Sensation and could not purchase them but was able to apply them to the 3 day cruise.

So It says it can be applied as deposit So I dont think this means for the complete deposit just $100 of the deposit amount????? does it??

Also on the back of the certificate it says after booking and before final payment the cert needs to be submitted. (unless they changed the wording recently .. read it again, it doesnt say anywhere it is THE deposit on a cruise.. .. and the advertising says its the deposit on a UNBOOKED cruise.. which is kinda meaningless lawyer jibberish if you ask me.

So what happens if you book a cruise after final payment is due. How does that work?

None of mine say they can be applied as a deposit... it says it is the deposit on a unbooked cruise and other ways they use the word deposit.

My PVP says do not use it toward the deposit or you run the risk of having it cancelled during the days when they are processing it.

It doesnt say it can be used as a deposit.. its some lawyer talk using the word deposit another way.

You should use it toward the final payment .. though some have successfully used it toward the deposit even if not recommended.

Archived