I'm seeking info on the 'next cruise' cert?

sassy~one

Here ya go...from Carnival's FAQs:

What is the Loyalty and Cruise Vacation Program

Loyalty and Cruise Vacation Program

The Loyalty and Cruise Vacation Program will allow guests traveling on a Carnival ship the opportunity to book their future Carnival vacation on board. The program is fleet wide with the exception of the Carnival Victory, Carnival Imagination, Carnival Inspiration and Carnival Sensation.

1st Promotion/Offer

• Guests who book will receive an on board credit up to $200.00* USD per stateroom.

• The guest will also receive two vouchers they can give to Family and Friends to take advantage of the same on board credit given to the host booking.

On Board Credit Offer

• $50.00 USD per stateroom on a 3/4/5 day cruise

• $75.00 USD per stateroom on a 6-day cruise

• $100.00 USD per stateroom on a 7-9 day cruise

• $200.00 USD per stateroom on 12 day or longer cruises

• Single occupancy receive 100% of the on board credit.

Terms and Condition for the Voucher

• The voucher will include an issuance date which will be the return date of the current cruise the host traveled on.

• The recipient will have 60 days to book on the same future ship and sail date as the host in order to receive the on board credit.

• The guest must complete the original voucher and it should be mailed to the following address via certified or registered mail at the time of booking, in accordance to the option date on the sailing.

Carnival Cruise Line

3655 NW 87th Ave

Miami, Florida 33178

Attn: Special Programs & Promotions MSGP-456S

• Photo copies will not be accepted.

• The voucher is not combinable with Friends & Family rates, Interline rates, Travel Agent rates, or other restricted fares.

Note: The new booking will be made under the same profile as the current cruise booking. If the profile is a travel agency, a confirmation will be sent to the travel agency upon completion of the booking.

2nd Promotion/Offer

We will offer a 2nd promotion to guests that are not ready to commit on a particular ship or sail date. The guest can deposit $100.00 for their future cruise and receive a certificate for an on board credit worth up to $200.00* USD per stateroom.

On Board Credit Offer

• $50.00 USD per stateroom on a 3/4/5 day cruise

• $75.00 USD per stateroom on a 6-day cruise

• $100.00 USD per stateroom on a 7-9 day cruise

• $200.00 USD per stateroom on 12 day or longer cruises

• Single occupancy receive 100% of the on board credit.

Terms and Condition for the Certificate

1. Applicable to group bookings

2. Deposit is refundable, however non-transferable.

3. Only one certificate will be applicable per stateroom.

4. Certificate will be valid for 24 months.

5. The voucher is not combinable with Friends & Family rates, Interline rates, Travel Agent rates, or other restricted fares.

Note: If the current cruise booking was made under a travel agency profile, after the cruise, a fax/email letter will be sent to the travel agency advising that their client purchased a voucher for a future cruise.

Booking Procedures

• Guest will be instructed to contact their travel agent or Carnival directly; CVS and PVP are permitted to book the direct guests; the Promo Desk will make reservations for guests booked with travel agents.

• Guests can book the best available fare including Senior rates, Resident rates and Past Guest promotions.

• The following promotions will be excluded: Friends & Family rates, Travel Agent rates, Welcome Home offer or restricted fares.

• Applicable on all ships and sailings.

• Certificates should be mailed to the following address via certified or registered mail at the time of booking, in accordance to the option date on the sailing. Document the BCU line as follows: “deposit or balance (enter amount) to be paid w/ (enter type of certificate being redeemed)”. For direct bookings, we require full deposit within 24 hours of making the booking and the certificate must be overnighted – the guest must call in with a tracking number and the booking must be documented.

Carnival Cruise Line

3655 NW 87th Ave

Miami, Florida 33178

Attn: Special Programs & Promotions MSGP-456S

While on your cruise, if you waste your precious Vaca time to Book your next cruise,

you will get OBC for that next cruise and two Cert. that match that OBC to give to friends or family

They then have to book the same cruise, with in 60 days in order for them to get that OBC

Or if you don't care, or have friends that you know will not be able to book that cruise with you with in 60 days

Just get the Future Cruise Cert. Takes two mins of your Vacation Time

and you have 2 years to use it.

Then just get a new one every time you cruise.

(if you plan on cruising with in the next two years)

WOW, thanks.

do You do this? It sounds Good.

We have purchased four and used two so far. They are very easy to redeem. It's great starting off a cruise with an on board credit. (OBC) Add our Carnival stocks and we begin each 7-day cruise with $200 OBC waiting for us. :D

One caveat to the two-year expiration - FCCs purchased by residents of NH and CA have no expiration. According to NH law, gift cards and any kind of certificate cannot expire nor lose any amount of value. Hence, I have two FCCs and will be purchasing more on our next cruise.

Not sure what CA law states.

If you plan on cruising a lot next year, buy half a dozen so you have them at home when you are ready to book.

I have had 8 or 10 at a time here at home stacked up... they are always refundable if you change your mind.

That way you can book when you see a good deal, and not wait until you are on another cruise to book again. They are not redeemable for already booked cruises per the terms, though some have gotten them thru in the past, less so lately.

Takes two mins of your Vacation Time

and you have 2 years to use it.

Then just get a new one every time you cruise.

(if you plan on cruising with in the next two years)

I always keep one extra on hand in case I book my next cruise before I go on my current cruise.

It did pay off as we came home and booked a B2B and I had 2 FCC to apply.

Now in 2013 I will have to buy 2 FCC to keep up with the game.

I'm also a stockholder so it's nice to have extra OBC.

I always keep one extra on hand in case I book my next cruise before I go on my current cruise.

It did pay off as we came home and booked a B2B and I had 2 FCC to apply.

Now in 2013 I will have to buy 2 FCC to keep up with the game.

I'm also a stockholder so it's nice to have extra OBC.

so if a 3rd cruise came up .. you are out of luck??

Seems to me that it would be good to buy as many as you might want to book in the next 2 years so you can lock up those prices and cabins.

Each to his own, everyone is different.

I have purchased several in the past and redeeming them were quite easy. We are using one for our upcoming cruise. I just gave the certificate number to my PVP and he forwarded the information. I received confirmation within a day or two and checked to make sure I was credited $100 towards my cruise and had my $50 onboard credit listed (for a 5-day cruise). We figure that OBC takes care of one set of tips:)

I tend not to plan too far in advance for my next cruise so I usually just purchased the 2nd promotion offer but if you know when your next cruise will be and plan on inviting others then do take advantage of the first promotion.

As a side note, you cannot purchase them on the shorter 3 and 4 day cruises. So if you take short cruises, you might want to purchase several when you are on a ship that offers them. Hope this helps! Janice

We have purchased four and used two so far. They are very easy to redeem. It's great starting off a cruise with an on board credit. (OBC) Add our Carnival stocks and we begin each 7-day cruise with $200 OBC waiting for us. :D

One caveat to the two-year expiration - FCCs purchased by residents of NH and CA have no expiration. According to NH law, gift cards and any kind of certificate cannot expire nor lose any amount of value. Hence, I have two FCCs and will be purchasing more on our next cruise.

Not sure what CA law states.

How much stock do you have to have to get an onboard credit for being a stock holder :)

Thank you!

As a side note, you cannot purchase them on the shorter 3 and 4 day cruises.

When did this start? They sell them on 4 day cruises on Triumph I thought, though I have never been on a 3 day cruise, they sell them on those ships... so Im not sure this is correct?? Could someone verify?

If you plan on cruising a lot next year, buy half a dozen so you have them at home when you are ready to book.

I have had 8 or 10 at a time here at home stacked up... they are always refundable if you change your mind.

That way you can book when you see a good deal, and not wait until you are on another cruise to book again. They are not redeemable for already booked cruises per the terms, though some have gotten them thru in the past, less so lately.

Im planning on 3 next year. Ive turned 62, and i guess this is my treat to ME. lol Thank you kindly.

How much stock do you have to have to get an onboard credit for being a stock holder :)

Thank you!

100 shares... and I would not buy for OBC alone.. as CCL as a company has been not having the greatest of earnings and missing their numbers the last few reports. No growth.

When did this start? They sell them on 4 day cruises on Triumph I thought, though I have never been on a 3 day cruise, they sell them on those ships... so Im not sure this is correct?? Could someone verify?

We tried to purchase them on the shorter cruises but were given the above information. It may have been because the ship was a 3 and 4 day cruise ship whereas yours was a 4 and 5 day ship.

We tried to purchase them on the shorter cruises but were given the above information. It may have been because the ship was a 3 and 4 day cruise ship whereas yours was a 4 and 5 day ship.

There are 3 ships they dont sell them on.. but I dont think it has anything to do with if you can use them on 3/4 day cruises.

So, thats why Im hoping someone else can confirm.. but thanks for the info .. but my experience is folks on the ships not selling them will give any excuse that pops into their mind. They are not terribly well informed.

All the shareholder info is on Carnival's website. At the bottom right corner is Investor Relations. Just follow those links. Or you could search here since the info is posted frequently.

There also was just a thread about the FCCs not being sold on Sensation, Victory and one other Fantasy-class ship. One I haven't been on, maybe Imagination?

Thanks for mentioning they are refundable Firefly. Most people assume if they don't use them before they expire, they lose their money.

My sister had one that expired because she moved 2 times in three years and the certificate was not readily available when she booked her cruises. It was out of state at another of her properties.

When she mentioned it on JH facebook, everyone jumped all over her and told her she had no right to ask for a refund because she hadn't used it and should have known. She finally did get it refunded. No where does it state it is refundable only prior to the expiration of it's use. To avoid jumping through hoops though, if you need it refuded, it will be much easier to do so before it expires.

So It says it can be applied as deposit So I dont think this means for the complete deposit just $100 of the deposit amount????? does it??

Also on the back of the certificate it says after booking and before final payment the cert needs to be submitted.

So what happens if you book a cruise after final payment is due. How does that work?

Archived