How long to wait after e-mailing guestrelations@hollandamerica.com

richarduk

We had issues on our last cruise and dealt with guest relations whilst onboard. Upon returning home I needed to contact someone in the office of the President, as per their letter we received onboard. I e-mailed guestrelations@hollandamerica.com last week but have not had a reply. Does anyone know either another e-mail address, or how long they usually take to reply. I had been informed that they are quick, but not in this case. Thanks;)

We had issues on our last cruise and dealt with guest relations whilst onboard. Upon returning home I needed to contact someone in the office of the President, as per their letter we received onboard. I e-mailed guestrelations@hollandamerica.com last week but have not had a reply. Does anyone know either another e-mail address, or how long they usually take to reply. I had been informed that they are quick, but not in this case. Thanks;)

You should have gotten an automated reply - which means it has been received - if you did not get that I would resend it.

The actual reply from HAL may take up to 45 days depending upon the issues, etc.

When we had problems on our Noordam cruise, we wrote a letter the first week of December.

While we were away in February, a letter came to our house in response to ours.

So it was over two months before we heard from Seattle.

Yikes, does that mean they have that many people sending in letters :eek:.

After we got home from our cruise last month and checked our credit card statement online, we noticed that we'd been charged more than what our final onboard statement had indicated. I contacted HAL at that email address on a Friday and had a response from them on the following Wednesday. I never did get any auto reply in between to acknowledge receipt.

Yikes, does that mean they have that many people sending in letters :eek:.

Sure it can mean lots of folks are sending letters.

Of course, there are the complaint letters that are always shot off quickly after a cruise but there are plenty giving praise and saying what the guests enjoyed, crew that were wonderfully helpful....... the letters of pleasure and praise also deserve a response. There are the complaint letters that most would agree are merited and of import. They need to be investigated before a response is issued. Then there are the ones of what some would consider petty or even doubtful accuracy. They also need to be investigated. That takes time.

I think 30-45 days is not a riduculous time frame to wait IMO

If the letter is seekiing 'compensation' that is plenty of time to get 'compensated'.

If the letter is praise, it's nice the ship is advised of guests' compliments and pleasure.

We need to have a little patience. IMO

Are you sure of the e-mail address?

You might try:

guest_relations@hollandamerica.com

Perhaps you have written it correctly, but maybe not.

Thanks for the replies. The e-mail address used is correct having checked again on their website. I'm going to wait 6 weeks for a response. If nothing after that I'm afraid it will be off with the gloves. 6 weeks to get a reply regarding a case already with a case number of their own would be just plain bad. Time will tell:confused:

Archived