parking at hotel question in New Orleans

arcone

We are driving to New Orleans, we are looking for a hotel to stay in then let us leave our car parked at the hotel for free while we are on the cruise. my husband went on line and found the following that will alow free parking while on cruise does anyone have info on any of the following places.

Do you think these are safe places to leave our car for the week?

1. Holiday Inn French Quarter

2. Marriot Convention Center'

3. Super 8 on Menteur Hwy

Any other suggestion for parking the car while on cruise is appreciate

Thank You

The Holiday Inn is ok. Great location to the french quarter if you plan to come early our stay after to enjoy NOLA.

MARRIOTT convention center is closer to the cruise terminal. Also a safe location for the car. Chef Mentur is far away away and I wouldn't stay or park there.

I've stayed at the Holiday Inn in the French Quarters and while it is good when staying at the hotel it is also very expensive. I've never heard of parking there for a week free.

For a week, you should park at the terminal garage. The garage is on top of the terminal and is very convenient.

We are cruising next weekend also.....

Staying at Quality Inn & Suites

100 Westbank Expressway, Gretna

We are leaving the car there for 10 days....free parking and they have a shuttle to and from the port.

We stayed there for our last NOLA cruise. Not a 5 star hotel, but adequate. It has a bar and restaurant on site. Free parking and shuttle make it a bargain.

Thanks the other two he found i forgot to post for free parking is Dury Suites (sp?) downtown NO and Holiday Inn at Super Dome

Thanks We are looking for a place to stay and to explore NO

we are going to use the street car to get around the different areas of New Orleans

We used the Super 8 in Slidel. It's not fancy by any means. But it's clean and the beds are decent and no noise issues. Was a little concerned by the looks of the neighborhood but everything was fine.

The shuttle is extra, $4pp each way. It's first come first served and starts at 10am if memory serves. The driver was pleasant and up beat. He gave us his card to call for pickup when we got back and was there within about 20 minutes.

I've stayed there one other time since then on a road trip and was equally pleased with the experience. It's a good value for the money IMHO.

We stayed at the Marriott On Canal and left our car there. They had a park and cruise special, not sure if they still do. I found it on Marriotts website under specials for that particular hotel.

The parking garage is guarded 24/7.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

thank you for all the info. my DH left booking Hotel to me which I have not done before. this has been done by my DH or Son.

Should I go through the hotel chain website? Call the Hotel Directly? Use one of those .com website for inexpensive hotel?

Should I boook a room now? we are driving in and I am not sure if we will be there Friday night or Saturday, Is there any discount on hotel I can look for? Is there any "Hidden Charges?" I am on a strict budget

Thank you in advance for any info or what to look for when booking a room at a hotel.

While I don't have a first hand review, we are probably staying at the Holiday Inn French Quarter for our upcoming cruise. We stayed at Country Inns on Magazine st. for our last cruise, but didn't drive that time. To us, the Holiday Inn is worth the extra cost because of the location and when you figure in what you would be paying for parking at the port, the price isn't bad. A cab to the port is pretty cheap and we can grab a cab after the cruise and not have to wait around for a shuttle. We are also not sure whether we are arriving on Friday or Saturday. My plan is to make a reservation for just Saturday and if we get there on Friday we will stay somewhere just outside of town. I usually use the hotels website for reservations, its usually the cheapest. I use my phone to make reservations on their websites while en route when we have a better idea of where we want to stop for the night. That is usually much cheaper than just walking into their front desk.

We are driving to New Orleans, we are looking for a hotel to stay in then let us leave our car parked at the hotel for free while we are on the cruise. my husband went on line and found the following that will alow free parking while on cruise does anyone have info on any of the following places.

Do you think these are safe places to leave our car for the week?

1. Holiday Inn French Quarter

2. Marriot Convention Center'

3. Super 8 on Menteur Hwy

Any other suggestion for parking the car while on cruise is appreciate

Thank You

use a particular Limo service...Triple "J" 504 2584015..James is GREAT !!!..$60 hotel w/ brekky, parking, and easy drive from Fla. Will do in Sept again!

Are you sure its a holiday inn french qtr.. i have never heard of these offering free parking. Only the Superdome location which is on the outskirts, not in the french qtr. Hotels right in the french qtr dont offer cruise packages per my experience.

I have a booking at Marriott convention center for nov.

Might cancel and do quality inn westbank instead for $30 less and it includes shuttle both ways and a full breakfast.

There is very limited parking in the French Quarters so if you want to leave your car at a hotel, it would need to be a larger chainw with a parking garage and most likely wont be in the French Quaters. If you have never visited NO Fench Quarters before, you really should consider staying at a boutique hotel in the French Quaters. Some are quite older but I finder the older, smaller, boutique hotels are what I like best. I have stayed at Hotel Royale before enjoyed the stay. I like the courtyards in the boutique hotels. Staying at a larger chain you are not going to get the same experience. If you want modern, state of the art, and new decor, etc. then stay at a chain hotel.

I could not find one single cruise deal in the French Qtr area, as I didnt book conquest until the last minute and everything shows sold out for cruise parking.

I cant park far away as i have to drive to Magic the day I get off, so I got Hilton Gardens convention center thru hotwire ($71, $90 with their fee and taxes), and will have to pay fulton garage for parking at $12 a day. Going to park there when I arrive and walk to the hotel right in back of the garage, so 8 X $12 $96.

Best I could do on short notice for next month.

I dont have time for the shuttle to quality inn westbank and other more remote locations and thats all not sold out.

I cruised out of NO in May and we stayed at the Holiday Inn Superdome. The parking garage is very secure and we felt very comfortable leaving our vehicle there for the cruise. The hotel rooms were very comfortable and we had a blast in the quarter the evening before the cruise. It was a $10 cab ride to and from the quarter.

The shuttle from the hotel is free on the way to the cruise, but it costs money on the way back. It was the same price to take a cab back to the hotel and you don't have to wait around for the shuttle. So, I would recommend taking a taxi back to the hotel.

On our next cruise we will use the Holiday Inn again. Hope this helps!

We have used the Marriott before at NOLA as well has other ports in FL. If you don't see a stay and cruise or fly rate then call them direct, not the 800 #. Normally the weekend staff use useless and will transfer you to the 800#. If you call about 10 or 11am local time you have better luck dealing a good rate with the hotel direct.

We are staying at the Holiday Inn FQ and have the cruise parking for the week. It cost about $40 more than a regular room. No cancellation 7 days before reservation.

Which Holiday Inn is this.. as its my understanding only superdome Holiday Inn has a cruise package (which isnt in french qtr)... what street address? the two Holiday Inns in the french qtr do not .. so Im curious if one of the french qtr holiday Inns has started a package.

Are you sure its a holiday inn french qtr.. i have never heard of these offering free parking. Only the Superdome location which is on the outskirts, not in the french qtr. Hotels right in the french qtr dont offer cruise packages per my experience.

I have a booking at Marriott convention center for nov.

Might cancel and do quality inn westbank instead for $30 less and it includes shuttle both ways and a full breakfast.

We have stayed and parked here 3 X's.

Keith

Which Holiday Inn is this.. as its my understanding only superdome Holiday Inn has a cruise package (which isnt in french qtr)... what street address? the two Holiday Inns in the french qtr do not .. so Im curious if one of the french qtr holiday Inns has started a package.

It is in the French quarter on royal st.

It is the Holiday Inn at On Royal. Heels my confirmation:

Description:

Pre cruise package. This package offers room accommodation and up to eight nights of complimentary parking. Upgrade to king executive room at check in if available. come and enjoy all that the "Big Easy" has to offer before cruisin' out of new orleans. Our package offers an upgrade (if available at check in) to our more spacious king executive room type as well as up to eight nights of complimentary parking. this

Archived