How Late can we Embark the Royal in Venice?

Dr. Pam

OUr family is considering the Grand Med tour onboard the Royal Princess in the summer of 2013. The cruise originates out of Venice. QUESTION: How late may we board the ship if she doesn't leav until the next morning at 8:00AM? (We are planning on arriving in Venice 2 days before departure and do not wish to cut short our last day of Venice to board the ship early.) Thanks!

I would check with Princess. In general, you need to check in about 2 hours before sailing. That would be 6am for you. I don't know that they are open for checkin all night. But it should be into the early evening at least.

OUr family is considering the Grand Med tour onboard the Royal Princess in the summer of 2013. The cruise originates out of Venice. QUESTION: How late may we board the ship if she doesn't leav until the next morning at 8:00AM? (We are planning on arriving in Venice 2 days before departure and do not wish to cut short our last day of Venice to board the ship early.) Thanks!

While I haven't experienced an overnight in Venice, I have done it in Quebec. Unfortunately none of the documentation I kept shows how late you can check-in on embarkation day other than to be onboard by 4:00PM on the 2nd day. Like usual, they say to arrive after 2:00 to minimize wait times in Quebec so I'd guess they're open until at least 3:00 or later. However since the procedure & times may vary in Venice, I'd suggest calling Princess for the most up to date answer for you.

I'm not sure as I'm doing my first cruise in Europe on the Royal transatlantic leaving from Venice 10/9. I plan on going two days early as well. I've been doing alot of reading and what I've decided to do is check in as early as possible and then go back out and enjoy Venice some more. It seems like everything is pretty accesssible so this would be easy to do.

I've done alot of reading on the ports of call section under Italy- Venice. Great info.

We are planning on staying at a hotel that is central to everything, hence I would like to make one trip to the ship and then stay put. I think I will give Princess a call today. THanks, everyone. I will report back!

I would NOT wait until the last minute to board in Venice. Departure time is dictated by the tide, not the clock. Many times this summer, for example, the ships have departed at 1:00 or 2:00 in the morning rather than at the scheduled 8:00.

We are planning on staying at a hotel that is central to everything, hence I would like to make one trip to the ship and then stay put. I think I will give Princess a call today. THanks, everyone. I will report back!

Your doing the right thing by calling Princess. I just want to say welcome aboard as I am also on the Royal TA. The roll call for this cruise is kind of overwhelming with lots of chitchat. It is hard to find info about the cruise, so coming here was a great idea. Welcome:D

Hi tt...still have not made the call to Princess as I am checking out Celebrity Reflection for the same date..July 29. Decisions, decisions. :)

It's good to have options & you probably can't go wrong either way. :)

I'm on the same October TA as 'timetraveler' to enjoy the new Royal Princess which hopefully won't be as hot as your mid-summer cruise.

• 2 weeks later...
Can we get on ship and "drop" our luggage and then head back off to explore Venice. Ship sails next morning at 8am. Anyone know how this might work ?

I've only had the overnight in Quebec but it should be the same thing in Venice...check in & enjoy then port. :D

The ever sinking city of Venice, Italy is a wonderful place still.

But with Ships the Tides wait for no-one..:rolleyes:

Check your estimated tidal charts and times.

Planning in any all as well trips does require great due dilly and plans.:cool:

Archived