Explorations Cafe Prices

Krazy Kruizers

I have noticed over a couple of months where people have asked the prices of the coffees and teas here.

So I typed up the list.

Explorations Café Coffees and Teas

HOT

Espresso

Single - $1.20; Double - $1.70

Americano

12 oz - $1.60; 16 oz - $2.10

Caffe Latte

12 oz - $2.10; 16 oz - $2.60

Cappuccino

Caffe Mocha

12 oz - $2.35; 16 oz - $2.85

Caramello Latte

12 oz - $2.55; 16 oz - $3.05

Hot Chocolate

Tazo Chai Tea Latte

12 oz - $1.85; 16 oz - $2.00

Tazo Premium Hot Teas

12 oz - $1.60 (no 16 oz listed)

Daily Special

12 oz - $3.95; 16 oz $4.45

Extra Shot of Espresso - $0.45

Natural Flavor Syrups - $0.50

COLD

Iced Americano

12 oz - $1.60; 16 oz - $2.10

Iced Caffe Latte

Iced Caffe Mocha

12 oz - $2.35; 16 oz - $2.85

Classic Latte Creamice

Cioccolato Creamice

Caramello Creamice

Tazo Iced Chai Latte

12 oz - $1.85; 16 oz - $2.00

Daily Special

12 oz - $3.95; 16 0z - $4.45

Specialty Waters and Sodas -- $2.75

A 15% service charge will be automatically applied to your bar and beverage purchases.

I thought some people would like to know the prices of the specialty coffees and teas as some people have to worry about budgets.

Good for you doing this, KK. Still would not entice me to partake - I don't even go to coffee shops at home. I'm too frugal. Enjoy my own home brew from premium beans. Do not believe is paying for a good cup of coffee on a ship. They should be able to serve it in the MDR and Lido. Not all uf us can afford a suite with the Neptune coffee machines.:)

Good for you doing this, KK. Still would not entice me to partake - I don't even go to coffee shops at home. I'm too frugal. Enjoy my own home brew from premium beans. Do not believe is paying for a good cup of coffee on a ship. They should be able to serve it in the MDR and Lido. Not all uf us can afford a suite with the Neptune coffee machines.:)

DH drinks maybe 1 cup of coffee a day and that is at breakfast.

You are right -- they should serve good coffee everywhere on the ship - not just where you have to pay for it.

The nice pastries and sometimes sandwiches on some ships are sttill free when you buy a coffee/tea.

Actually, unless that 'policy' has changed recently, I have never had to make any purchase at the 'Explorations Cafe' in order to obtain any pastries, etc.! I have just requested and received any pastry that I wished & they were given to me, without question! ;)

The nice pastries and sometimes sandwiches on some ships are sttill free when you buy a coffee/tea.

Actually, unless that 'policy' has changed recently, I have never had to make any purchase at the 'Explorations Cafe' in order to obtain any pastries, etc.! I have just requested and received any pastry that I wished & they were given to me, without question! ;)

On our cruise last summer on the Eurodam, my husband got us two gorgeous brownies and they were free for the asking. :cool:

... Do not believe i[n] paying for a good cup of coffee on a ship. They should be able to serve it in the MDR and Lido....:)

... You are right -- they should serve good coffee everywhere on the ship - not just where you have to pay for it.

Actually, the capuccinos that are free in the MDR at meals are pretty good, and the room service breakfast coffee is not bad - nothing to write home about, but perfectly drinkable. Plus, the Explorations Cafe prices are well below prices for comparable items at Starbucks - not to mention the free pastries! So all in all, I think HAL does pretty well by its passengers when it comes to coffee.

Life is short. You can't treat yourself to a $2.50 coffee once or twice a cruise?

If we're ever on the same cruise,I'll treat you to one.:)

Actually, I love the Explorations Cafe! :D

The coffee is good, the pastries are tasty, and everything that I purchase is half off of the reasonable price because I am a 4 Star Mariner. Now that is Win-Win! :D

We generally make a trip up there at least once a day while onboard. :cool:

Actually, the capuccinos that are free in the MDR at meals are pretty good, and the room service breakfast coffee is not bad - nothing to write home about, but perfectly drinkable. Plus, the Explorations Cafe prices are well below prices for comparable items at Starbucks - not to mention the free pastries! So all in all, I think HAL does pretty well by its passengers when it comes to coffee.

I don't drink coffee -- never did.

DH doesn't like cappuccinos -- just black coffee.

Thank you -- we never get Brownies in the Neptune Lounge and I love them.

So I shall ask for one sometime when we sail on HAL again.

I never noticed brownies at Explorations Cafe but I'll be looking next time. :) The only time we've seen brownies on HAL ships is at HMC and I like them. :o

Actually, I love the Explorations Cafe! :D

The coffee is good, the pastries are tasty, and everything that I purchase is half off of the reasonable price because I am a 4 Star Mariner. Now that is Win-Win! :D

We generally make a trip up there at least once a day while onboard. :cool:

It is a good bargain for 4 star Mariners -- 1/2 price.

Archived