How did Labadee weather the storm?

As our prayers go out to all who were in the path of the latest tropical storm, I was just wondering if anyone has heard if Labadee sustained any damage? I only saw a quick blurb on the news about some flooding in Haiti. :(

Haven't heard if they sustained any damage...waiting for replies to arrive from the managers there...and from others at RCCL who should have up to date reports...fingers crossed they are all ok.

Please, if anyone hears anything let us know here.

As our prayers go out to all who were in the path of the latest tropical storm, I was just wondering if anyone has heard if Labadee sustained any damage? I only saw a quick blurb on the news about some flooding in Haiti. :(

Not much news as yet as the storm has barely left the area but I am sure that there will be a damage assessment made within the next few days and reports from passengers who may visit Labadee this week, or from RCI if they have to suspend visits to Haiti until any necessary repairs have been made. I guess we just have to stay tuned and see what happens.

Granted its a trivial matter given the scope of things, but if I was going there in the next couple of days, I'd probably cancel any snorkel or scuba excursions. (they may cancel those anyway if surf conditions remain rough.)

One of the priests from my church is from Haiti, and he is actually down there right now visiting his mother. Not sure what part he's from, but knowing how that island handles disasters (not very well), I'm concerned for him. As well as all the other residents.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived