Celebrity Party Bands

C 2 C

I just found out that the dance band on Equinox for the Oct 15 Eastern Mediterranean cruise will be Canonics. The string trio will be Lucky Charms.

Has anyone heard them play before?

They are both new names to me.

This goes back to December but I swear the band's name was listed as The Party Band (unless they just said that in the daily newsletter to let you know it was the dance band). Any they were great. Girl and guy singers and great players and they sang everything. The guy had a hard time keeping up with the girl's dance steps. She also had a smile that just made you happy to see. We listened to them every chance we could.

fusion was on Summit Seotember 2nd sailing. Dedinitely ine of the entertainment highlights. Female singer has tremendous energy and a great voice!

Hi Sandi,

We really agree on this one. I think Maria has an amazing voice, a tremendous range, and personality to spare. And Clarence on the trumpet. Wow. I have been watching them for a long time and they just get better and better. Wayne, the guitarist, Maria, and Clarence have been together for years, the others come and go.

Anne

Do you know if they are scheduled to be on the Summit in December?

We have a big group booked on the December 8 and 15 sailings out of San Juan, and we are really looking forward to fun and dancing in the evenings to a good party band. We were on the Millenium two years ago, and the band that played in Cosmos was fabulous.

OK Sandi & Anne, enough of the agreement.. this is Critic remember ;)

Would either of you have taken a picture?

Sorry, I just looked through all my pics, and I only have a pic. of Maria and not a very good one at that, and one "out of focus" pic. of the group. Perhaps someone else will come forward.

Anne

Do you know if they are scheduled to be on the Summit in December?

We have a big group booked on the December 8 and 15 sailings out of San Juan, and we are really looking forward to fun and dancing in the evenings to a good party band. We were on the Millenium two years ago, and the band that played in Cosmos was fabulous.

Sorry, I last saw them in June, and at that time they were uncertain where they would be going next. I would love to see them back on Summit in Dec. also.

Anne

We were on Eclipse end of Feb. 2012. The party band was "Southside" and they were excellent!!

I agree. Southside is one of the best. Together with Sipra.

Unfortunetaly Southside moved over to the Norwegian Dawn. I hope they will be back at Celebrity once their contact is over with NCL.

This goes back to December but I swear the band's name was listed as The Party Band (unless they just said that in the daily newsletter to let you know it was the dance band). Any they were great. Girl and guy singers and great players and they sang everything. The guy had a hard time keeping up with the girl's dance steps. She also had a smile that just made you happy to see. We listened to them every chance we could.

Yes, I'm referring to the party band. Where did you hear them play, on which ship, and was it last December?

Archived