Uhaul, Ustore and soon Ucruise

golfb4cruzing

I'd love to try this for a few nights. Some people have told me over the years that I am pretty funny. I wouldn't mind going on stage for 20 minutes three or four nights. I don't think I could do it more. Maybe. I'm sure the audience would give me a lot to work with. If I do well enough, I can incorporate some of the material into my next sales meeting! This will give me a great opportunity to try it out first.

Please Carnival. Enough is enough. Don't do this.

I imagine there will be people who are thrilled over this.

Me?? Not really so much...although you never know. I have seen some pretty BAD 'professional' comedians on ships. Maybe some passengers are actually funnier ;)

LOL. You may be on to something there!

Imagine the amateurs out shining the hired help. Gotta say, some of the last I as were pretty bad. And the we had the same guy two cruises in a row.

Guest LoveMyBoxer
UBooze?

Upset because Carnival might actually enforce the cruise contact?

What cruise contact? Is this a new 2.0 addition?

As I was listening to my Michael Buble channel on pandora (I'm 28, btw) I was thinking about how even though cruising has changed a lot over the years I still associate (a lot) that old school cruising when I think about modern day cruising. Well, especially when I'm listening to some Frankie S.

As much as retro has kinda come back on the scene in the last few years (clothes, movies etc.) do you think adding back in some of the old school things would go over well? If they are looking for new entertainment ideas, why not try old favorites.

A few dance classes (real one, not this line dancing stuff) with someone who looks like Patrick Swayze..........moonlight masquerade balls.........etc.

I've seen a lot of older, but quite a few younger couples filling the atrium a many time dancing to the more classic songs. Won't really appeal to the singles too much, but still, we have the dance clubs.

Do I make sense at all.......I've taken some sudafed today:rolleyes:

I mentioned this on a thread earlier this month but I'll say it again.

It really seems that Carnival is trying to over think whatever financial goals they have right now, wether its to make more profit or cover some current losses, I couldn't say.

All I know is they seem to be throwing everything at the wall to see what sticks and are not really thinking about how this will effect the opinion of their customers, particularly the ones that have been long term cruisers.

Change is good but should be a though out process. It seems the only gauge they have right now are the polls on JH page, and when those come out, all the details are not disclosed.

Eg: The new Awsome Bar Program. John asked who be intersted in a all inclusive package and got a positive response. Now it is being tested on 2 ships and expected to go fleet wide. Nowhere in the initial poll did it mention the price, the fact that all in the cabin must have one, (over 21) there is a limit on how many per day, or that it din't include water. I think all of those things would have changed the outcome of the poll.

Now he puts out a poll about open mic with no details except he says it will not replace regular entertainment. You can believe it or not but we all know though he doesn't think it will doesn't mean it wont. He doesn't make those decisions.

Yep, let's just throw something else out there and see if it sticks and then see how we can turn it into profit maker becuse the initial poll said it was a good idea.

I have nothing againt making a profit, my own job depends on how much priofit I bring in. Just don't be deceptive about all these new and brilliant ideas. It is really hurting the image of Carnival from a integrity stand point.

Form a good solid plan and stop grasping at straws at the expense and frustration of the customer.

Open mic? If folks don't like they don't have to go. Like the sail away party, I don't care for it so I don't go. Passenger talent show? I can skip it as well. No big deal IMHO. Plenty of dead time on the ships, may as well fill it up.

Open mic can be interesting though.

here is an example

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVQnRtkZlMA

Open mic? If folks don't like they don't have to go. Like the sail away party, I don't care for it so I don't go. Passenger talent show? I can skip it as well. No big deal IMHO. Plenty of dead time on the ships, may as well fill it up.

Open mic can be interesting though.

here is an example

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVQnRtkZlMA

That was my thinking. I haven't read where they are taking anything away, only filling up some dead time in the Comedy Club by offering something different to the passengers. I'm not big into comedy shows, but my DH and DS love going to comedy shows. Why shouldn't they have more opportunity to see some more comedy while on a cruise? I don't see how it would take away from anyone else's enjoyment...if you don't like comedy, do something else. That's what I would do. Why do some people think that just because they don't like something, nobody else should either and Carnival should only promote the things that they enjoy?

I don't know what the problem is. Every comedy club on land has open mic nights and people love it. This is how professional comedians become known. He also said they are not replacing the professional comedians. They are simply providing a chance to have some sort of entertainment on the nights there is no comedian in the comedy club. Some people complain about everything.... :rolleyes:

How is this any different then letting passengers sing karaoke a few different times during the cruise if that's something they like to do? If you don't like the idea of it then find something else to do.

I couldn't have said it better myself!

What time is the midnight buffet?

Wait! Where IS the midnight buffet?

What? There is NO midnight buffet?

Say what? Have some 24-hour soft-serve? Pizza will be ready soon? Order some chips from room service?

Don't like Carnival, cruise with another line, simple.

Guest LoveMyBoxer
Don't like Carnival, cruise with another line, simple.

WOW, is that your answer to everything? Guess we aren't supposed to "criticize" Carnival here. :rolleyes:

Just because I point out that CCL has been cutting back, does not mean I hate them. It means simply that I am in touch with reality.

That's not "reality", that's whining. "Reality" is knowing what Carnival is currently offering. If you decide that the real Carnival (not your fantasy Carnival) is worth the price, then quit whining and enjoy your choice. If you decide that the real Carnival is not worth the price, then quit whining and move on to something you do deem worthy of your money. Whining about it doesn't change the "reality" of what Carnival currently is. Whining just makes you sound like a spoiled child who can't get what they want.

That's not "reality", that's whining. "Reality" is knowing what Carnival is currently offering. If you decide that the real Carnival (not your fantasy Carnival) is worth the price, then quit whining and enjoy your choice. If you decide that the real Carnival is not worth the price, then quit whining and move on to something you do deem worthy of your money. Whining about it doesn't change the "reality" of what Carnival currently is. Whining just makes you sound like a spoiled child who can't get what they want.

If I observe, for example, that it is dark outside but I had noticed earlier that it was a bright sunny day, I am not whining. I am simply in touch with reality.

If I observe, for example, that it is dark outside but I had noticed earlier that it was a bright sunny day, I am not whining. I am simply in touch with reality.

Ha ha good try. Unless you consider dark a negative. Pointing out all the cutbacks is not a postive thing unless I missed something.

Can Uwait and Usteward be far behind?

We've already seen the rollout of:

ULuggage (self assist)

UBooking (carnival.com)

UPrint (no more tickets in mail)

UGotTalent (Legends show)

UHog (deck/show lounge chair rules unenforced)

UBootlegger (smuggling crackdown)

UCantNap (constant daytime PA announcements)

UPassOut (restricted all-inclusive alcohol plan)

and UPayFullRate (elimination of TA discounting)

:D

I do not think this is a cutback actually.

They already have 4 nights of comedy. If they a fifth night as open mic comedy it is addition not subtraction.

They did this a few years ago on the Glory and my son got up and we had an awesome time.

Archived