Uhaul, Ustore and soon Ucruise

golfb4cruzing

I don't know what the problem is. Every comedy club on land has open mic nights and people love it. This is how professional comedians become known. He also said they are not replacing the professional comedians. They are simply providing a chance to have some sort of entertainment on the nights there is no comedian in the comedy club. Some people complain about everything.... :rolleyes:

How is this any different then letting passengers sing karaoke a few different times during the cruise if that's something they like to do? If you don't like the idea of it then find something else to do.

You said exactly what I was thinking.

I don't see an problem with it -- no different than karaoke, amateurs having fun.

They said they would not replace regualr entertainment or professional comedy shows.

No he said "this is not going to replace any of the assigned comedy nights where our professional comedians entertain."

Which means that it will replace the Karaoke and superstar live which takes place in the comedy club, which will move elsewhere and replace regular entertainment.

No he said "this is not going to replace any of the assigned comedy nights where our professional comedians entertain."

Which means that it will replace the Karaoke and superstar live which takes place in the comedy club, which will move elsewhere and replace regular entertainment.

Thank You for translating JH speak:D

Oh I thought he meant exactly what he said.....where do you get that talent?

"America's Got Talent - On the High Seas"

Funny you should say that - just got off Spirit Tuesday. They had a "Guest Talent Show" as one of the main shows!

We were speaking to one of the bartenders in the comedy club on Spirit - he said they were thinking of moving the comedians on the spirit class ships to the main showroom, as the Punchlinerclub was always filled to capacity - standing room only. (which we witnessed on both Miracle and Spirit for all the adult shows) If they move the comedians to the main show room, this would open up the club time slots for "open mic" passenger comics.

You are correct. Spend your dollars as you see fit. Enjoy the Kool Aid. I am immuned to gangplanks. Don't mind me as I see a product disintegrate before my eyes. They still are getting my dollars. But now they get less dollars for a lesser product and Princess sees their increase. It's all Carnival in the end.

Drink the Kool Aid? Yes, let's compare this to the forced suicide and murder of over 900 people in a jungle. :rolleyes: Perspective, anyone?

Funny you should say that - just got off Spirit Tuesday. They had a "Guest Talent Show" as one of the main shows!

We were speaking to one of the bartenders in the comedy club on Spirit - he said they were thinking of moving the comedians on the spirit class ships to the main showroom, as the Punchlinerclub was always filled to capacity - standing room only. (which we witnessed on both Miracle and Spirit for all the adult shows) If they move the comedians to the main show room, this would open up the club time slots for "open mic" passenger comics.

Before they had Punchliner, the comedians did perform in the main show room... guess sometimes change is not for the better.. right??

Open mic... I think not... just another downgrade to what used to be a great product... I wish they would stop overthinking trying to make something better that was fine to begin with... if it ain't broke... don't fix it!

I don't know what the problem is. Every comedy club on land has open mic nights and people love it. This is how professional comedians become known. He also said they are not replacing the professional comedians. They are simply providing a chance to have some sort of entertainment on the nights there is no comedian in the comedy club. Some people complain about everything.... :rolleyes:

How is this any different then letting passengers sing karaoke a few different times during the cruise if that's something they like to do? If you don't like the idea of it then find something else to do.

I agree...if you dont like it then find one of the bunches of other activities to do.

So.....a priest, a rabbi and a drunk passenger were sitting on the Lido deck, talking about the merits of tipping....... Oh, you've all heard this one before. Ok.....well this one time, at band camp....:p

Hahahahahahahahahaha, love it!

Can I sue Carnival if I am a target of a passenger on open mic and can not enjoy the rest of my cruise and all the foods taste bitter?

Onle if Carnival puts a gun to your head and demand that you attend the show.

I imagine there will be people who are thrilled over this.

Me?? Not really so much...although you never know. I have seen some pretty BAD 'professional' comedians on ships. Maybe some passengers are actually funnier ;)

A disgusting, distasteful one insulting to hundreds of lives and families. And for the record, it was Flavor-Aid.

Irrelevant. Redirect your anger to that fool and his goonies that caused the lives of those lemmings to end.

Oh I thought he meant exactly what he said.....where do you get that talent?

It's a gift. Another example: "We have no interest in doing an all inclusive bar program". Translates to "Expect to see this roll out sometime in the next 90 days."

It's a gift. Another example: "We have no interest in doing an all inclusive bar program". Translates to "Expect to see this roll out sometime in the next 90 days."

Brilliant;)

Archived