Avoid the kids?

Mara Suung

People from the NE who's kids don't start untll after Labor Day are onboard. Ruined our plans for a quiet vacation.

My 3 & 8 year old daughters did not RUIN your quiet vacation.

Loud, fat, drunks, smoking in the starboard hot tubs, disrupted the quiet enjoyment of my balcony with my kids each afternoon.

The loud partiers on the lido beach pool kept me from taking my DDs there after lunch.

But nothing was RUINED. The Magic is a very big ship, and anyone can find a peaceful place to be 24/7. If you couldn't find a quiet place on the Magic to relax, you must not have looked very far. But of course, the pools are off-limits to quiet-seekers.

I can say that all the kids on the Magic this past week combined couldn't make nearly the racket as the drunks at any given hour. You didn't lose any sleep because a hundred 3 year olds were sleeping by 9pm.

If you want to avoid kids, try Seabourn?

We were on the Magic in March and there were many kids onboard. We went the week after Texas' spring break. But that was Spring Break for many of the surrounding states (OK & AR is where most of the people were from). So I would say this is also a week to avoid if you are trying to avoid Spring Break when cruising from Galveston.

Sharon

Loud, fat, drunks, smoking in the starboard hot tubs, disrupted the quiet enjoyment of my balcony with my kids each afternoon.

The loud partiers on the lido beach pool kept me from taking my DDs there after lunch.

But nothing was RUINED. The Magic is a very big ship, and anyone can find a peaceful place to be 24/7. If you couldn't find a quiet place on the Magic to relax, you must not have looked very far. But of course, the pools are off-limits to quiet-seekers.

I can say that all the kids on the Magic this past week combined couldn't make nearly the racket as the drunks at any given hour. You didn't lose any sleep because a hundred 3 year olds were sleeping by 9pm.

Was literally just about to post something like this, but you said it so well. If you want no kids, take a river cruise, they dont allow kids under 12.

For every "the stupid kids ruined my cruise" there are 50 "the drunks ruined my cruise".

There are bad kids, but there are many many more bad adults. Where do I go on the ship to get away from them?

I'm with you!

Good response. Thanks. :D

It is. We had close to 1500 kids on The Magic this past March.

Yes. Magic sailing on Aug 19 had about 1500 minors according to Camp Carnival staff. Aug 26 "only" had about 700. The Camp Carnival staff said the prior week was a madhouse in comparison to our week.

But remember, that number is ALL minors, including infants and 17 year olds. If there were an equal number of kids of each age from 0-17, you are looking at less than 40 kids of each age. When my DD8 was in camp, there were usually 10-20 kids in her age group (6-8) -- and slightly more for the 2-5 year old group. This is not a large percentage of kids (700/4200).

First day of school for NYC students is Thursday Sep 6, so the last week of Aug is/was a fine choice for NYC families.

Archived