Meyer2

Our family cruise, Magic 8/19/12 w/pics

Okay, here's a little background on us. DH & I are in our late 30's, our oldest son turned 14, 2 days before the cruise. Our DD is 9 & our youngest son is 6 1/2. This was hubby's 3rd cruise, my 5th & the Kids 1st cruise. My Parents also went along on this cruise which was my Mom's 2nd cruise & my Dad's 1st.

We booked about a year & a half out since it was for the summer, we wanted a family OV room to fit 5 & we figured the pricing would only go up. The plan was to book & not tell the kids until this last Christmas, but after several almost slip ups, we ended up telling them at the end of April last year. LOL! :D

This turned out to actually be good as it was right about the time the Magic was about to start sailing in Europe, so it made the kids excited seeing Her come together.

So, we decided to give them gifts/hints to see if they could figure out the main present.

These are from 4/2011:

DSC_0048.jpg

1st gift was to represent a port of call, from left to right, Oldest DS got a GC to Taco Bell (Cozumel), LOL, youngest got a monkey (Roatan) & DD got a set of earrings with fish & other water animals (Belize).

DSC_0051.jpg

Next was a little Rubbermaid water bottle.

DSC_0055.jpg

Next present was a disposable camera.

DSC_0059.jpg

Gift #4 was change, to put into the water bottle holder to save up some fun spending $.

DSC_0063.jpg

Gift #5 was Cruise Critic lanyards.

DSC_0068.jpg

At this point, they still had no clue, not even the oldest, LOL! Even with the lanyards, they didn't know. So.....Onto the next part of the items.

"Do You Believe In Magic?"

DSC_0072.jpg

Now I let them turn it around to read.

DSC_0074.jpg

So, they take the paperwork out & start to read them.

DSC_0076.jpg

And now they realize, it's for a family cruise!!!!

DSC_0077.jpg

Here they come to bombard us with hugs & jumping up & down.

DSC_0079.jpg

Then I had them sit down to finish reading.....Turns out, Grammie & Poppie are going too!!! ;)

DSC_0081.jpg

omgosh that is so cute, love the excitment on their little faces......

Thanks!

So excited for this review. That is such a great creative idea you did w/ the kiddos! Cant wait to hear more!

Thanks for sharing your trip! Kids are so cute!:)

Your welcome & Thank-you!

So excited for this review. That is such a great creative idea you did w/ the kiddos! Cant wait to hear more!

Thank-you!

LOL I love it!!. wish my daughters were still young so i could surprise them too.

Makes it fun!

We live a little bit over an hour from Galveston, so we don't stay the night before a cruise. However, this time, since our son's Birthday was that Friday the 17th, we decided to go a day ahead. So we picked a hotel & he picked Rainforest Cafe to have his Birthday dinner this year.

We left our house around 11:30 & headed towards Galveston, stopping nearby where my in-laws just moved from (Near the Dog track) & had lunch at Beyond Burger. We all then headed onto the island, drove the sea wall & then went to the hotel to check in around 2:30.

Our bags & carry-on's all ready to go.

DSC_0002.jpg

DD is ready:

DSC_0004.jpg

At the Hotel:

DSC_0006.jpg

Our monkey:

DSC_0009.jpg

Nice spacious room: (Inn At The Waterpark)

DSC_0011.jpg

DSC_0012.jpg

Can't wait for more. Our DD doesn't know about our February trip on the Magic, were hoping to keep it a secret.until then! I don't.know if we wil make it, we have had.some close calls already.

Love your ideas with the gifts. If we can hold out until then we might do something similar.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Can't wait for more. Our DD doesn't know about our February trip on the Magic, were hoping to keep it a secret.until then! I don't.know if we wil make it, we have had.some close calls already.

Love your ideas with the gifts. If we can hold out until then we might do something similar.

We're going in January on the Magic and *trying* to keep it a secret from our sons but have messed up SO many times that I am sure they have caught on somewhat but we keep denying. I don't think we're gonna make it either. :p

in the news WOW it did my heart great to see how you surprised your kids. I loved the pure natural reaction of JOY ON THEIR FACES!!!!! JOB WELL DONE!!!!!!!!!

Looking forward to reading more :)

Thank-you!

Very creative!!!:D

Great start....can't wait to read more!:)

Beautiful kiddos!!!

Thanks!

How exciting!!!

We're going in January on the Magic and *trying* to keep it a secret from our sons but have messed up SO many times that I am sure they have caught on somewhat but we keep denying. I don't think we're gonna make it either. :p

LOL! I can't understand. Sounds like you've done better than I did. Hahaa! What fun though.

Wonderful review looking forwrd to following..beautiful family..Sarah.

Thanks Sarah!

I love it photo on the Magic:D

Thanks Taylor! How are you?

Loving it, can't wait to see more..

Thanks!!

Excellent start! I'm really looking forward to the rest. :D

Thanks!!

in the news WOW it did my heart great to see how you surprised your kids. I loved the pure natural reaction of JOY ON THEIR FACES!!!!! JOB WELL DONE!!!!!!!!!

Thanks!! I appreciate the comment. :)

Oh, this is going to be a good review. Looking forward to reading more!

Thanks!!

So.....After resting a bit at the Hotel (Oops, 4 out of the 5 of us fell asleep), We got ready & headed out to Rainforest Cafe for our dinner reservations at 6.

DSC_0015.jpg

The kids with the Red Eye Tree Frog:

DSC_0020.jpg

The Birthday boy showing how big his pizza is & let me say...He ate the whole darn thing! Teenage boys...LOL!

DSC_0022.jpg

Then showing his hand up against his sister's kid pizza.

DSC_0023.jpg

The little one with his mac & cheese.

DSC_0024.jpg

Time for the Birthday Boy's celebration with the Volcano dessert & song.

DSC_0029.jpg

He was such a good sport :D Especially for a 14yr old!

DSC_0033.jpg

DD with Grammie.

DSC_0035.jpg

The yummy Volcano dessert, we each took some & then DS worked on it, this is after multiple bites already.

DSC_0034.jpg

And what was left. He could have eaten more (Darn teenage boys, LOL), but I had him stop, didn't need him getting a tummy ache. :)

DSC_0036.jpg

Really looking forward to your review!! You are off to a great start! We are sailing on the Magic in January so we read every review that has pictures to get us all excited about the adventure.:)

After dinner, we drove along the sea wall & headed back to the Hotel. They have complimentary Mini Golf there, so we went to let the kids play a round.

DSC_0037.jpg

DSC_0038.jpg

We call our kids our Monkey's & so I had to have a picture of these, should have made the kids join in, LOL.

DSC_0039.jpg

DSC_0040.jpg

DSC_0043.jpg

This is looking back at the main front part of the Hotel.

DSC_0045.jpg

Hubby & I.

DSC_0047.jpg

DSC_0048-1.jpg

DD showing off her pretty nails.

DSC_0050.jpg

DSC_0051-1.jpg

Our youngest loved doing this, he thought it was so funny!

DSC_0052.jpg

This picture shows the pool area. I didn't go over there to get a closer picture because it was super busy with kids & families as the hotel was packed between would be cruisers, summer vacation families & there were some kids Baseball tournaments going on nearby.

DSC_0053.jpg

Hey.....We know them....It's my parents...

DSC_0054-1.jpg

Silly boys.

DSC_0057.jpg

DSC_0058-1.jpg

DSC_0064.jpg

DSC_0060.jpg

Love your review. I remember suprising my daughter with her first cruise almost the same way..

Really looking forward to your review!! You are off to a great start! We are sailing on the Magic in January so we read every review that has pictures to get us all excited about the adventure.:)

Thanks! You will sure enjoy the Magic! Mom & I will be back there in January! When do you go?

You're kids are adorable, loved DD nails! Great review and pix, can't wait to read more!

Thank-you!!

Love your review. I remember suprising my daughter with her first cruise almost the same way..

Awww, cute! Thanks!

Taylor- Glad to hear you are well!

Loving this so far! Reminds me of last summer when we took our kiddos on Ecstasy out of Galveston. Had the time of our lives!!! I am hoping to take them on Magic next year. We are about to go on Magic in 2 weeks with friends for a grown up cruise. Can't wait for more pictures.

Loving this so far! Reminds me of last summer when we took our kiddos on Ecstasy out of Galveston. Had the time of our lives!!! I am hoping to take them on Magic next year. We are about to go on Magic in 2 weeks with friends for a grown up cruise. Can't wait for more pictures.

Thank-you! Ah, the Ecstasy was a great ship too. Our 1st time on the Magic was for just DH & I to celebrate our anniversary. Enjoy, especially the Serenity area!!!!

Loving your pics Krystin! ;) Can't wait to see more!:D:D:D!!

Thanks girl!!! You getting excited for your next cruise?

my mom did that but it was disney world

That would be neat too!