Civita di bagnoregio

sr5242

My mother and I will be doing a day trip from our ship docked in citivecchia to Orvieto and civita di bagnoregio. The company we're using can drive into Orvieto, but obviously not civita. My mother has difficulty walking long distances, so I will plan to leave her in Orvieto while I go check out civita. How far from Orvieto is civita, just over the bridge? Is there a place near the bridge that I can "coat check" her, perhaps leave her at a cafe with a glass of wine?

Thanks!

I toured both in one day. We were driving, but all I can remember is they are not that close together. I would "park" your Mom just outside Civita. I do remember there being several places and your driver will help you out.

On the other hand there is certainly lots of shopping in Orvieto so if she wants to stay there and you can go back easily it would work too. It would take more time however.

You really can't leave your mother in Orvieto. It is about 20-30 minutes between the two towns. Civita is closer to the port so your driver wouldn't want to back track. Since you are going in Oct Civita shouldn't be too crowded and your driver should be able to park right by the bridge. The views are beautiful so your mother shouldn't mind waiting. It might be possible for your driver to drop you off, take your mom to a little caffe then come back in say an hour to pick you up.

Here are my pictures of Orvieto and Civita:

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=1e98e90214e77bf9#cid=1E98E90214E77BF9&id=1E98E90214E77BF9%21118

We used RomeinLimo to take us to Orvietto and Civita. Just a wonderful day. My wife had surgery the month before and waited in the parking area with the van while I walked up to the town. She got to enjoy the view of the beautiful city on the hill and I got to walk around it. Your Mom will enjoy the view. You can see lots of photos from our trip there in our review at www.thepreismans.com. Civita is a special place. Don't miss it.

We used RomeinLimo to take us to Orvietto and Civita. Just a wonderful day. My wife had surgery the month before and waited in the parking area with the van while I walked up to the town. She got to enjoy the view of the beautiful city on the hill and I got to walk around it. Your Mom will enjoy the view. You can see lots of photos from our trip there in our review at www.thepreismans.com. Civita is a special place. Don't miss it.

Thank you for including that link, comes helpful in my planing of my next cruise :)

I would not leave your mother in Orvietto. Why backtrack.

There is parking right beside the walkway to Civita. And there is a cafe restaurant right beside the parking lot. But, the parking lot is not that large so if you are going on a busy day the van have to park somewhere else but can drop and your mother off beside this cafe and the walkway. She will have a great view of the walkway and the town at the other side!

Keep in mind that there is a good deal of walking in Orvieta-some of it on inclines and all of it on cobblestones. But, there are lots of places to stop for a break.

Archived