Trouble with Fly part of Fly/cruise

Birubi

Let's hope.

She was so stressed I hope she has a fabulous cruise and comes back here to tell us about it.

I hope she does, too!! To me, she sounded pretty calm, after the initial shock. I think she had a lot of faith that HAL wouldn't screw up. When we first started cruising, we always flew in on the day of the cruise---assuming the ship would be held!! Since then, we have learned a lot!

Didn't notice OP posted this question in 2 forums but her TA posted in the other one and it appears that she boarded the ship ~ 90 minutes after her flight got to the gate at YVR.

That's cutting it a little too close for comfort but I'm happy to hear she made it. I would not have handled this situation as calmly as she apparently did. :eek:

I'm so glad she made the ship with time to spare. Everything had to be aligned for that to happen so it's good news. All that stress would never be worth it to me. That's why we book our own air and fly in at least two days early.

Another option. When my wife and I leave from distant ports we always use one of the "Luggage forwarding" services. They pick up the luggage at your door about 5 days prior to sailing. The next time you see it is in your cabin.Be sure to check out options. There is a vast difference in cost if you allow them more lead time. Works for us. samiii

Well the day of embarkation came and went and I heard nothing so I called HAL and was advised my clients boarded at 3:45 pm. That must be a record in time from flight landing to embarking - at total of 90 minutes from plane landing to embarking the ship.

Whew a sigh of relief from me when I spoke to HAL.

Cheers,

Debra

there is the post. close one, glad they made it.

there is the post. close one, glad they made it.

Thanks so much for sharing this with us. I hadn't seen the actual post.

So glad they made it - I would have been a nervous wreck:eek:

Archived