Holiday Past/Present Cruisers Post Here

shecat

• 1 month later...
Anyone know where Becca is these days. Would love to have her as a social host again.

I'm pretty sure that I remember her posting on here that she was moving over to the Liberty and would be sailing out of Ft. Lauerdale to the Med.

I agree with you about having her as a social host again.

Richard

Has anyone heard anything about the next holiday cruise in mar ???I am thinking about going on that one on the 27th of Mar. but have not heard how bad cozumel was hit by katrina. Any info will be appreciated

Has anyone heard anything about the next holiday cruise in mar ???I am thinking about going on that one on the 27th of Mar. but have not heard how bad cozumel was hit by katrina. Any info will be appreciated

There is info on the port of calls - Cozumel. The Princess people have been reporting negatively concerning Cozemel. We have friends heading there in a couple weeks.

• 4 weeks later...

We were set to sail on her last Oct but of course were cancelled. We rebooked for the Triumph this October but I am leaning toward coming back for the Holiday!!! Something just doesn't feel right otherwise.

I just posted and then read about the reburbishment as well. Are folks still onboard her now or are they reburnishing now for the March return cruising dates???

I haven't switched my reservation yet...help convience me! LOL.

Holiday will be in Freeport, Bahamas for drydock. Sensation and Ecstasy are due in Mobile for a simultaneous drydock on March 5 so I would guess Holiday would fall into the same time frame. Holiday's will be a 20 day deal. Sensation 2 weeks and Ecstasy a one month refurb. Incidentally, Elation is due in Mobile April 8 for a 2 week refurb as well.

JUST Transferred back to the Holiday...Just couldn't get into the Triumph and it's ports.

Went from inside to outside guarentee to $140 more total plus we got our $400 on ship credit too!!!!

Now I am excited again!!! :p

• 3 months later...

Great thread. Since we live in the area have tried to keep up with the ship...evacuees///refurbishments etc... because DW and I are going on our first cruise for our 10 year anniversary May 27th.

It is really great to hear past cruisers talk about their experiences and even better to hear the general fondness for this Ship:)

Hope to check back on the boards after a wonderful anniversary

Just returned from a May 8th sailing on the Holiday. Stayed in U212. Slept 3 out of 5 nights. There is a terrible vibration in the rear section of the ship 3 out of 5 nights. It seems that when the ship slows, the propulsion system seems to try to maintain the same speed. It was terrible. Things were falling off of the vanity in the bathroom..doors were vibrating..and a constant roar from the underside of the ship. I sincerely think something is wrong and Carnival is not disclosing anything. If anyone has a booking on the Holiday,a dn they are staying in the rear 1/3 of the ship, be prepared for some sleepless nights.

After walking up to the pursers desk @ 2:00 a.m., all the woman could tell me was that she was sorry and there have been several people calling about the issue. Then, the next morning I received a letter basically saying "too bad", but thanks for sailing Carnival!!!

I will be on the Holiday on July 9th and October 24th. I like the smaller ships and I am so happy the Holiday is out of Mobile now (short drive from Birmingham). Anyone on any of the cruises with me?

Terri

Terri,

I'll see ya there. We, my wife and I, are on the July 8th sailing. This is our first cruise, and we are so looking forward to it!! :)

Bama2u

The DW and I will be sailing on the July 3rd cruising of the Holiday. It is our first cruise and with 43 days to go we are getting very excited. I am glad to see that the Holiday has such a loyal and faithful following. Is this because of the port or the ship? Would everyone be as fond of the ship if it were at another port?

I have watched the Mobile TV station report with much excitement.

http://www.wpmi.com/common/mediacenterV2/dayport_components/template_components/videoNav.aspx?loadDefaultPlaylist=true&videoId=184235@video.wpmi.com&navCatId=78#top

I noticed that almost everyone interview during the 5 day magazine was from the Mobile area.

• Does anyone from other areas of the country prefer the Holiday over other ships or is it a regional thing?

• Is it as much of a party atmosphere as I perceive? Lastly, are there many children onboard?

• The DW and I are going sans children and want to let our hair (or whats left of it) down.

After almost 20 years of marriage this will be our first real vacation. Any info is appreciated and we would like to know if anyone else on the board is sailing with us?

I just got off of her 2 days ago...May 13-18....It was my

first cruise, but I can easily see why everyone loves it so much. There were times when I couldn't find much to do, but is there really that much more going on on bigger ships? I found my favorite part to be the uncrowded atmosphere with a friendly crew & pax. I think the highlight (on the cruise ship) was being able to find quiet secluded spots on the side balconies to kick back with a book & read while watching the sea go by. I seriously do not think I would have had a better time on another ship.

At the Debarkation meeting, they stated the Holiday is by far, the highest rated ship in the fleet despite being the smallest. I can totally see why! Then again, I live near Alabama, so I am a bit used to seeing alot of "Bubba's" making fools out of themselves. Someone with less of an open mind probably wouldn't have been able to look past that. (yes, alot of people did wear JEANS in the dining room...some even on formal night. I am guilty of doing so on all but formal & the final night myself)

I agree with everything I have ever heard from Cotton on this board re: Holiday. I highly recommend sailing on her to anyone looking for a great time with a very friendly (mostly southern) crowd & excellent crew!

The DW and I will be sailing on the July 3rd cruising of the Holiday. It is our first cruise and with 43 days to go we are getting very excited. I am glad to see that the Holiday has such a loyal and faithful following. Is this because of the port or the ship? Would everyone be as fond of the ship if it were at another port?

I have watched the Mobile TV station report with much excitement.

http://www.wpmi.com/common/mediacenterV2/dayport_components/template_components/videoNav.aspx?loadDefaultPlaylist=true&videoId=184235@video.wpmi.com&navCatId=78#top

I noticed that almost everyone interview during the 5 day magazine was from the Mobile area.

• Does anyone from other areas of the country prefer the Holiday over other ships or is it a regional thing?

• Is it as much of a party atmosphere as I perceive? Lastly, are there many children onboard?

• The DW and I are going sans children and want to let our hair (or whats left of it) down.

After almost 20 years of marriage this will be our first real vacation. Any info is appreciated and we would like to know if anyone else on the board is sailing with us?

~ In July, I'd expect a lot of children. There weren't many on my sailing, but school still hadn't let out in many parts of the country.

~ I met people from Michigan, New York, Virginia, Minnesota, & Indiana on my cruise. All of them were having a lot of fun despite it being a crowd of mostly southerners. If you have ever heard the term "Southern Hospitality" it really fits with this cruise.

~ From what I can tell, the children shouldn't be too much of a problem. They have a great Camp Carnival program that keeps them out of the way of the adults looking to party. It is definitely more of a party atmosphere than some may expect, why not? It was my first REAL Vacation & I am already anxiously awaiting my past guest # so I can book my next one!

I cruised the Holiday back on June 18th 1994. I was 15 at the time and had the time of my life. It was memorable in everyway possible. Not long after our cruise, they remodeled what was the Blue Lagoon Lounge and turned it into an arcade. That was my favorite lounge, i was in there everynight and even to this day on occasion still communicate through email to the lead singer of the band on board at the time TRUE BLUE.

What a great ship. Well, at least she was , i don't know what she's like now.

Happy Cruising !!

:eek: The July 8 cruise will be my first. My mom has always wanted to go on a cruise so I initially booked it with just her fun in mind. Now, I'm the one who is getting too overly eager! I have been reading reviews, good and bad and they seem to level out somewhat when combined.

We are not so far from Mobile so this will be even easier than leaving from New Orleans for us. I booked a longer cruise from NO on the Golden Princess, but that's not until December.

On the Holiday, we booked the Dolphin Swim and the Tulum ruins excursions. Anyone have comments about the choices? Or anything to add that would be of value to a newbie such as myself? I know nothing...literally, other than what I have read here. I know we will be midship on emerald deck -- outside cabin and hope that is OK. :p

LuvChowDawgs

My son, daughter and I had our first ever cruise on the Holiday in Sept. 2004. We had a great time. First vacation we had had together in a long time. We went to Playa de Carman and Cozamel. My daughter, 2 grandchildren and I will be cruising on her again July 22. We can't wait. We have not left from Mobile before. Will be staying at the Radisson the night before with their park and cruise plan. 60 more days!!!

:eek: The July 8 cruise will be my first. My mom has always wanted to go on a cruise so I initially booked it with just her fun in mind. Now, I'm the one who is getting too overly eager! I have been reading reviews, good and bad and they seem to level out somewhat when combined.

We are not so far from Mobile so this will be even easier than leaving from New Orleans for us. I booked a longer cruise from NO on the Golden Princess, but that's not until December.

On the Holiday, we booked the Dolphin Swim and the Tulum ruins excursions. Anyone have comments about the choices? Or anything to add that would be of value to a newbie such as myself? I know nothing...literally, other than what I have read here. I know we will be midship on emerald deck -- outside cabin and hope that is OK. :p

LuvChowDawgs

http://www.wpmi.com/news/darwin/

Follow the link above for a 5 part video report on the Holiday and some of the POC's. It doesn't really go into detail but will give you an idea of what you can look forward to.

Just returned from a May 8th sailing on the Holiday. Stayed in U212. Slept 3 out of 5 nights. There is a terrible vibration in the rear section of the ship 3 out of 5 nights. It seems that when the ship slows, the propulsion system seems to try to maintain the same speed. It was terrible. Things were falling off of the vanity in the bathroom..doors were vibrating..and a constant roar from the underside of the ship. I sincerely think something is wrong and Carnival is not disclosing anything. If anyone has a booking on the Holiday,a dn they are staying in the rear 1/3 of the ship, be prepared for some sleepless nights.

After walking up to the pursers desk @ 2:00 a.m., all the woman could tell me was that she was sorry and there have been several people calling about the issue. Then, the next morning I received a letter basically saying "too bad", but thanks for sailing Carnival!!!

Anyone else have any comments about the vibration? I am currently booked on 8/28 in U210 - right next door to the OP's cabin and am wondering about changing to a different cabin. Any comments?

:eek: I got home today after work and went upstairs and on my bed were multiple stacks of clothes, on the floor were our 2 suitcases and there was my wife saying "pick what your wearing to embarkation and then put the rest in the suitecases:D :D :D

We are now packed and now we have less than 2 days 5/25 and I will be cruising

Archived