Holiday Past/Present Cruisers Post Here

shecat

I thought it would be good to have a forum like the Destiny for Holiday cruisers. I hope Cotton will keep an eye on this thread because she is our resident expert on the Holiday.

Shecat

Went out on her April 16th. Had a blast. It is all you make a cruise to be. Join in with all the activities or just lounge around and read---It is a VACATION>

Everything was in working order plus when I was on her. Romel was our watier late seating. Loved Doc Holidays and the disco.:)

I went on the Holiday for my honeymoon last Sept. :D We had a great time and couldn't wait to go again. We sailed out of New Orleans. That was our first time on a cruise and to New Orleans. New Orleans was definetly a whole new world to me and my husband. I was told that they were having a Baptist Convention that week and it was also gay week. So there was a whole lot of excitement that weekend. When we first saw the ship we were speechless. It looked a lot smaller on the i-net;) I can't wait to sail on the Holiday again!!!!!!

We sailed her twice in 2003 and have a cruise set up for October.

Hubby sailed her twice before we met, when he was single.

Clearly, we think she is wonderful.

Please excuse if this message is a little messed up. I have a new email address, a new service, a new computer, DSL for the first time and wireless routers. I am soooo confused!!!! But I am learning!

It was mentioned on the local weather this morning that Adrian may affect the Holiday. It is in port today and leaves for the 4 day sailing. I hope they are wrong!

I was jealous this morning going into work seeing the passengers eating their last breakfast on the lido deck. Then when I leave from work it is pulling away from the dock. I hope the weather works out for them. On the Coz board they say Adrian will pass to the south of Cozumel.

The Holiday is a special ship for me too. It was the ship of my first cruise and introduced me to the wonderful world of cruising. As you can see under my signature, the Holiday did a very good job of making me a cruis-o-holic! :D

It is a perfect ship for first time cruisers, and for a nice cruise getaway. Wish I lived within driving distance like so many of you do. I'd be there a lot more often!

For those of you with upcoming Holiday cruises, all I can say is ENJOY!!

Hi SheCat and all - I'm certainly not an expert on the Holiday, but yeah, I do love that ship! Each cruise, I find something new about her, as I'm an 'explorer', and nooks and crannies fascinate me.:D

I had another cruise booked on her for the fall, but had to cancel, and can't cruise before that because I just don't like cruises when school's not in session. I know, bad Cotton. (Love kiddies, but not while I'm relaxing on a cruise.) Trying to decide now what other date to choose.

Rockin' and rollin' doesn't equate with the Holiday to me. I've never felt any movement to speak of. LOVE the staff and crew, and food, and productions shows, and...... Well there's just not anything I don't like about the Holiday.:)

Shecat,

we haven't been on the Holiday(yet), but we do have a cruisecritic group cruise scheduled on Her for Oct 6-10. I believe this is the first cruise scheduled after Her refurbish. We are looking forward to sailing on her!!! hope others will join us!

Did you get the email from Carnival book an inside and get an ocean view? It is for the 12/01/05 sailing which is a 4 day. I think the Carnival internet rate for inside on that date is $299.

going on the Holiday on 25th of June. This is my first cruise I am a little nervous

I do get motion sickness, I am praying that the weather is good think I will have a ulcer before the time gets here. I just want to that everyone for all the information on the cruise critic board.

I sailed on the Holiday back in 1997, and just got back from the paradise may 13th, the holiday had a much bigger dance club, and the arcade was huge... Paradise had a hole in the wall arcade, and thier dance club was pretty small, i was sure surprised.... But, I kinda think the holiday needs to be retired, its a pretty old ship by todays standards.. OK now everyone, you can now place your bullseyes on me and fire now!:eek:

Sailed the Holiday in January - first cruise ever. We had a blast. Can't say enough about the crew who do all they can to please. Before we departed, there were concerns about the Holiday's engines, but she got us to and from our destinations with no problem at all. I'd go again in a heartbeat.

Archived