Holiday Past/Present Cruisers Post Here

shecat

I just got my room assignment and it's m191 near the back of the boat. I heard that was the bumpiest and smelliest part of the ship. Those of you who have been on board please confirm or deny the rumors :confused:

No help here. I'll be even lower than you on my trip on the Riveria deck but toward the front. When do you go? I go in Oct. right after the refurbish so should be nice and clean. i always bring a little air freshener regardless. Not too worried about it...Let us know if you find out anything!

You are lucky then - I am scheduled for 8/20. I went ahead and upgraded to the Empress Oceanview stateroom - now am in E105 - which is in the middle of the ship. This is part of my mother's Mother's day presents and I wanted to give her the best time possible.

I will make sure to get down to the Riveria Deck to check it out to report back.

That would have been a GOOD thing after last year's Carlos and Charlie's visit in Cozumel. My legs were quite "wobbly" to begin with and then climbing all those steps to the Upper Deck! :) OH MY!!!:eek:

I think we are like 36 or something. A bit more away from the elevators than I wish but still fine with me!

The Oct. 10th booking on the Holiday is closed. Has been for a bit. I find this a bit odd; dates around still have quite a few cabins open!!!! I'm thinking a company booked the ship or something. Oh my....having some delusional thought of WHAT type of group I might be paired with for the week! :o :eek:

I'm not sure but I believe that is the first cruise after the dry dock. Can anyone answer for sure? I will be on the Oct 24th cruise. I wanted a couple of weeks between my cruise and the dry dock to work any bugs out that may have happened during dry dock.

Terri

I know it goes into dry dock September 17, but cant remember for how long...I am a TA with a group booked in December, so I called to see if she was getting refurbished...I am so excited! Everyone I have sent on the Holiday LOVES her... and we send a ton. I admit, I was leary at first, but I have clients who have been on her three times in the last 6 months, so that speaks well...

There is a sailing on Oct. 6th; So I guess we'll be the second group. Don't they like get new employees etc. when they do that????

No idea about the art aution...Park West did the Conquest. DH actually won the big prize! It's still rolled up in the container they shipped it in! :rolleyes:

Me again, sorry... who does the art auction on the Holiday? Is it Park West or Carnival? I went on the Spirit in April, and it was Carnival and I hated it... no Kraz's no Dali's etc... Thanks

Park West did the art auction on our Holiday cruise in Jan.

Richard

My husband and I will be celebrating our 2nd wedding anniversary on our Holiday cruise in November. We will both be celebrating birthdays as well! (me 30, him 33). We took our first cruise last December on Sovereign of the Seas (two weeks after refurb!) and it was a wonderful vacation for us - we were hooked on cruising after having such a wonderful time. The information I've read on this board has been very helpful - thanks to all for your input!

leeandshelly--congrats on #2 anniv. Cruising is so addictive. This will be dh's second after our adventure on the Conquest. I knew he would love it!

Richcrow--can you recommend good places to stay near the port? I see you are from Mobile. I've heard good things about the Raddison Sea(something) downtown and they have a good cruise package that allows you to park..

Shungirl...I have no idea WHAT it even is. One they kept saying was valued at $600 or so; Guess I need to check and see! :)

can you recommend good places to stay near the port? I see you are from Mobile. I've heard good things about the Raddison Sea(something) downtown and they have a good cruise package that allows you to park..

Raddison Admiral Semmes, downtown Mobile. 251-432-8000. It's $99 / night for the cruise package with free parking and shuttle. About 5 blocks from the terminal.

Realizing the Holiday is an older vessel, are there any "special places" not listed on the deck plans? When traveling on another ship we discovered a star-gazing deck with no lights that provided beautiful vies of the constellations each night.

Past cruisers - if there are any special doors, romantic spots, etc please post.

Futaba....Have you stayed here? You cannot beat that price for a night plus parking plus 2 free breakfasts! THANKS! :)

Happy, I traveled on the Ecstacy back in 93 and I know there were areas where you could walk up and down along the side of the ship (maybe where the drill was held) that was very private and quiet with benches and chairs. I remember staying up all night and watching the sun rise up across the ocean. It was part of the most favorite things that I remember. It was sureal!! :)

Futaba....Have you stayed here? You cannot beat that price for a night plus parking plus 2 free breakfasts! THANKS! :)

No, I haven't, but I live in Mobile and it is one of the two or three top rated hotels in town. You definitely won't go wrong there. I hear the oatmeal at breakfast is a definite must have.

Although this is my first post on this board I have been surfing here for quite sometime now. As many others, I am new to cruising and have found the site to hold a wealth information . So, here is where you guys come in...I have booked a 4 day cruise on the Holiday Oct. 6-10. Through reading the board I understand this will be her first trip out after drydocking. Since booking this cruise my DH and I have found that we each have additional time off and could take a longer cruise. We have found a 5 day cruise on the Sensation in August that would only be $30 more ($15 each). The difference being we would be booking an inside guarantee where we are currently inside assigned on the Upper deck of the Holiday. We really don't care where we are on the ship...we are just proud to be getting on one! However, I don't want to feel as though we are in the dungon should we be on the bottom level. I booked the 4 day cruise back in February and ever since I have read reviews and studied all about the Holiday. Now since we have never cruised either the Sensation or the Holiday I guess we wouldn't know what we were missing either way. However, the 5 day does offer and extra port & the ship is newer/larger. But too, I was/am looking forward to being the first to sail on the refurbed Holiday. What would you do? I am so confused!:confused:

You can't go wrong with either cruise. I have sailed on the Holiday and the Inspiration sister ship of the Sensation. The extra port would be tempting. What is the extra port?

Archived