New Pride of America Photos (18 May 05)

stargazers

I don't think I care for the hull art.

P&O's Aurora, in the background of one of the pictures, I consider a better looking ship. She was there for some serious engine work, which caused cancellation of her world cruise.

I have been waiting for months to see the front of this ship! I'm on her in December, AB suite on Deck 11 right under the bridge. The deckplans made it look like there was more of a forward view balcony on this cabin, and I see that isn't so, but I AIN'T complaining! I can even see my hottub in the photos! Thanks for posting this link.

Happy cruising!

Margaret

Hi Margaret...how did you discern where exactly your cabin was on the ship in respect to those photos? We are on the same deck as you are, cabin 11026 (not a suite, a balcony cabin squeezed in amongst the suites) and I could not for the life of me fit the NCL Deck Plan to the actual pic of the ship? I'm beginning to wonder if our cabin actually exists:confused:

Cheers,

Sandy.

Hi Donna. We are sailing on October 8th, and I booked 11026 precisely for the size of the balcony. But....like I've said...looking at the photos it doesn't seem that 11024/11026 exist (it looks as if there is just one cabin). I can see where 11012/11014 are (they have a huge balcony which appears to be separated by a wall). But it doesn't look like that is the same with our cabin:confused: What do you think??

Sandy.

Hi Samstress! I've been looking at these pictures alot to see the layout. My cabin is 11000, the first "porthole" window and the balcony behind that one. (I'm still trying to figure out why my deckplan shows a wraparound balcony but on the real ship there's just a blank wall to the front.) As for your cabin, I'll bet I know what's happened. On the deckplans,it looks like 11026 can join with 11028 and 11024 can join with 11020. Usually on connecting cabins the balcony dividing wall can come down too. That last balcony, for 11028 looks so big I'll bet it includes yours, too. They just don't have the divider up.

Now I can't wait to see photos of the ship's interior!

Aloha!

Margaret

Thanks Margaret. Betcha you're right...PHEW! For a while there I thought maybe I would get there and have to sleep in the hallway:) Altho, I'd rather be on THAT ship, in Hawaii, sleeping in the hallway than at home!

Cheers,

Sandy.

Howdy PoAM Cruisers....one more time...

This same website just posted even more pictures today of PoAM as it prepares for sea trails (suppose to start today!). Check it out....

http://www.schiffsphoto.de/HTM/Crui...deofAmerica.htm

Cannot wait for the Panama Canal cruise from Miami to Los Angeles!!

All the best....:)

I'm looking forward to reading reviews and seeing photos from those of you that are scheduled to cruise the POAM this summer. Its always nice to get a first hand perspective from those who've actually cruised the ship.

Please post reviews and photos for those of us that will follow.

Archived