Unusual Post??!! Would Love To See Pics Of Your "formal" Night Dress!!!

RMS95

Actually, I just assumed they were like many themed cruises advertised on CC boards...from what I have seen posted on cruise critic, a lot are...as I have seen people complain their cruise ended up being cancelled as they ended up being chartered by "groups" for themed cruise. I'd be ticked if I ever got on one and it was a theme cruise that I was not notified of.

So if these themed cruises ended up being during a typically normal cruise without notification, then I then the cruise line would lose me as a client on their ship...too many cruiselines to choose from.

There are quite abit of complaints here on CC about swingers groups being on board during their cruise and the things that were going on in public, but this can happen with any kind of group cruising.

some people are offended and some people just ignore it.

Did not know this...I would ignore if just DH and I were on there, but if my small children I'd be miffed...good to know these things. Looks from her siggy that it appears Carnival entertains this more often. Thanks for the heads up.

Did not know this...I would ignore if just DH and I were on there, but if my small children I'd be miffed...good to know these things. Looks from her siggy that it appears Carnival entertains this more often. Thanks for the heads up.

The thing is, many times when a cruiseline books a group, they don't know what kind of group it is.

Alot of times if you google the date, ship & "group cruise" , it will bring up lots of groups that will be on your sailing date.

Actually, I just assumed they were like many themed cruises advertised on CC boards...from what I have seen posted on cruise critic, a lot are...as I have seen people complain their cruise ended up being cancelled as they ended up being chartered by "groups" for themed cruise. I'd be ticked if I ever got on one and it was a theme cruise that I was not notified of.

So if these themed cruises ended up being during a typically normal cruise without notification, then I then the cruise line would lose me as a client on their ship...too many cruiselines to choose from.

I agree. Let me know before I get onboard!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The only cruises I have been on thus far are theme cruises, but the group I cruise with actually charters the whole ship... unfortunately, though, most cruise lines start selling a ship way before the charter is finalized -- it's just the nature of the beast. I know with the group I work with, if anyone has already booked direct through the cruise line, they will be contacted, and be informed of the change. They can either decided to stay (there is a price difference, because of the customized entertainment), or be rescheduled to a different ship. I feel bad for those who get bumped, but unfortunately the charter process screws everything up.

My next charter cruise just started public sales this week for Feb 2009 (I was part of the pre-sale, so I have been booked since May 21). However, NCL still hasn't taken the "regular" cruise off their web site yet, even though it doesn't exist anymore. *sigh* And, of course, NCL can't reprint their catalog, so the big book I got in the mail is wrong, too (it has it listed as a 9-day Western Caribbean, when we're doing a 5-day, to Great Stirrup Cay and Cozumel). Heh. ;)

Anyway... just thought I would share that perspective on things...

http://picasaweb.google.com/jlynnefaas/20080526/photo?authkey=fcDKlVpk_iE#5208514810783951970

This is from the first formal night on the AOS. These most interesting part of the dress (flared hem and small train) can't be seen in the picture.

Gorgeous dress, love the color, but you were daring wearing a dress with a train on a cruise! I can't tell you how many trains I saw getting stomped on when we cruised and accidentally also I stepped on the sweep train of a woman as we were getting off the elevator, oops. I alpologized and was about to help her check for damage and she actually was screaming at me in whatever language she spoke, she was pointing and gesturing like a wild woman. I walked away and ignored her. Maniac. I felt like saying what the heck do you expect dragging that thing behind you like that in this crowd.

Did you have any trouble with your train?

Gorgeous dress, love the color, but you were daring wearing a dress with a train on a cruise! I can't tell you how many trains I saw getting stomped on when we cruised and accidentally also I stepped on the sweep train of a woman as we were getting off the elevator, oops. I alpologized and was about to help her check for damage and she actually was screaming at me in whatever language she spoke, she was pointing and gesturing like a wild woman. I walked away and ignored her. Maniac. I felt like saying what the heck do you expect dragging that thing behind you like that in this crowd.

Did you have any trouble with your train?

Thanks for the complement. I actually had another dress picked out but found this at the last moment at a Dillards super sale and though it looked better on me. (maybe I will wear the other one on the next cruise.):D;)

I was worried at first, but the train was very small (at the most 12 inch at the most elongated part) and the the only time I had trouble was when my hubby accidentally stepped on it. I would not do one any bigger - it was the perfect size. Sorry you got yelled at- I was very careful about staying out of people's way!

I have worn several with a small train. On one a couple people stepped on it, but as long as they say, "hey sorry" I was okay. The one who stepped on it the most was the DH.

Thanks for the complement. I actually had another dress picked out but found this at the last moment at a Dillards super sale and though it looked better on me. (maybe I will wear the other one on the next cruise.):D;)

I was worried at first, but the train was very small (at the most 12 inch at the most elongated part) and the the only time I had trouble was when my hubby accidentally stepped on it. I would not do one any bigger - it was the perfect size. Sorry you got yelled at- I was very careful about staying out of people's way!

FINALLY convinced DH to take me on a cruise. So excited! I've been living on these boards for the past couple of weeks but this is my first post. :D

Anyway, has anyone been on the Inspiration lately? We're going in May '09, 5 days Western Carribean & I was wondering how many formal nights and how "formal" are they? I have already found a dress that I absolutely LOVE but I think it may be over the top. Not sure! Any insight on this?

Amy

I have worn several with a small train. On one a couple people stepped on it, but as long as they say, "hey sorry" I was okay. The one who stepped on it the most was the DH.

I didn't realize I was the leader in our marriage and DH was the follower until I wore that dress and he stepped on it!;) LOL

I would certainly wear one with a little train again - it was such an elegant dress and I received many compliments that evening, but most important of all I felt wonderful when I wore it!

Do you have a pic of you wearing it??

I didn't realize I was the leader in our marriage and DH was the follower until I wore that dress and he stepped on it!;) LOL

I would certainly wear one with a little train again - it was such an elegant dress and I received many compliments that evening, but most important of all I felt wonderful when I wore it!

Ok, I know this shipped has sailed but I could not help myself. Could you please, pretty please post here whenever you are cruising and where? I would like to specifically avoid those cruises, I dont want my husband vomitting in his own mouth. Geez. Talk about weirdos. Open minded? Are you serious? You look ridiculous. Yes RIDICULOUS. And FYI if most of the population agrees, well then we're right. How dare you make others have to see this? That is offensive.

MUST we go there yet AGAIN? deadhorse.gif

She is gross. We can all see she is gross. We have seen over and over how gross she is. She likes how gross she is. HE likes how gross she is.

They are strange, and gross, and obviously into their grossness.

Can we just let them be gross and move on b'c now I have vomitted in my own mouth YET AGAIN over this picture. How dare YOU bring it up again??

Thanks a lot.

MUST we go there yet AGAIN? deadhorse.gif

She is gross. We can all see she is gross. We have seen over and over how gross she is. She likes how gross she is. HE likes how gross she is.

They are strange, and gross, and obviously into their grossness.

Can we just let them be gross and move on b'c now I have vomitted in my own mouth YET AGAIN over this picture. How dare YOU bring it up again??

Thanks a lot.

Ok, for your information, I am new to this board and had not seen this before. And it is my right to post. Thanks a lot. What I dont understand is your attitude:confused:

Ok, I know this shipped has sailed but I could not help myself. Could you please, pretty please post here whenever you are cruising and where? I would like to specifically avoid those cruises, I dont want my husband vomitting in his own mouth. Geez. Talk about weirdos. Open minded? Are you serious? You look ridiculous. Yes RIDICULOUS. And FYI if most of the population agrees, well then we're right. How dare you make others have to see this? That is offensive.

This has to be a joke and a photo shop picture. Who in their right mind would show up to a cruise like that?:eek:

Some people just have no class at all. And why ruin this thread with this trash.

This has to be a joke and a photo shop picture. Who in their right mind would show up to a cruise like that?:eek:

Some people just have no class at all. And why ruin this thread with this trash.

You know, I thought so too, maybe someone is laughing their behind off somewhere, its the only way to explain such a discusting thing right? By the way I love your travel goddess!!

You know, I thought so too, maybe someone is laughing their behind off somewhere, its the only way to explain such a discusting thing right? By the way I love your travel goddess!!

Thanks madiandcindy. I find the travel goddess cute. LOL As for the photo words cannot explain how terrible posters can get. Just awful.

No joke, no photo shop. On the original posting the husband explained how the chain dress was made and defended the wearing of both dresses. They are "lifestyle" people...to each his own as far as that goes, it's just no one wants to see the evidence.