Unusual Post??!! Would Love To See Pics Of Your "formal" Night Dress!!!

RMS95

No joke, no photo shop. On the original posting the husband explained how the chain dress was made and defended the wearing of both dresses. They are "lifestyle" people...to each his own as far as that goes, it's just no one wants to see the evidence.

:eek: Oh my Goodness!! Those photos were not a joke! I can't imagine what looks she must have received. Thank goodness I've never came across anyone with such bad and vulgar taste on my cruises.:eek:

:eek: Oh my Goodness!! Those photos were not a joke! I can't imagine what looks she must have received. Thank goodness I've never came across anyone with such bad and vulgar taste on my cruises.:eek:

You know, I am going on my first cruise in Sept. If we were to see something like this we would NEVER cruise again. My DH would literlly vomit. I know he would be like, are you kidding me??:eek:

I think you prudes need to take a pill. You would never cruise again because someone wore something risque? Your husband would vomit? Go back and look at the pictures again. The fact that Cruise Critic can post them show you that they are not obscene. A little more like beachwear than formal wear but......They were on a "life style" cruise.

I think you prudes need to take a pill. You would never cruise again because someone wore something risque? Your husband would vomit? Go back and look at the pictures again. The fact that Cruise Critic can post them show you that they are not obscene. A little more like beachwear than formal wear but......They were on a "life style" cruise.

Beachwear is fine for a beach but this was on a ship during "formal night". And anyway what is a Life style cruise? Is it full of swingers or something. I'd rather be a prude and have some class and dignity than show my tatas to every Tom, Dick, Harry and Jane. It is disgusting and it should not be allowed. But then what do you expect from Carnivale Cruises.:eek:

A lifestyle cruise is exactly as you described. It is a ship full of "swingers". The name of this thread is "Show us your formal night dress" and thats what I suppose they wear on formal nights on those kinds of cruises. She didn't ask to be judged. What she wore is not obscene and although it would be in poor taste on a family cruise it was appropriate for HER cruise. Now I would never go on that type of cruise but many must and maybe they use this forum also to get ideas of what to wear. Maybe she could judge some of the poor fitting/bad print dresses on here and say nasty things but she didn't and I dont think you should either. OR maybe she posted it on here just to get the kind of reactions you gave her which is playing right into her hands........TAZDEB

A lifestyle cruise is exactly as you described. It is a ship full of "swingers".

She was on 2 different Carnival cruises. I could be wrong but I don't believe either ship was chartered specifically for lifestylers but that there was a group on a regular cruise.

She was on 2 different Carnival cruises. I could be wrong but I don't believe either ship was chartered specifically for lifestylers but that there was a group on a regular cruise.

If thats the case then thats Carnivals problem not hers. Thats why I dont cruise Carnival.

If thats the case then thats Carnivals problem not hers. Thats why I dont cruise Carnival.

A group coud be on ANY line. If that's your reason for not going on Carnival, would you avoid the others as well? Seems like you would be really limiting your cruising options.:p

I have been on NCL, Royal Caribbean, and Carnival and have seen women wearing next to nothing at the pool and formal dinners. Her choice has no direct reflection of how a Carnival cruise is.I would also be offended if I saw this and would just walk away. Most ports of call allow topless or nudity on beaches but I bet you still go to these islands.There is always going to be people that have to draw attention to themselves. Just look the other way.To say this is how Carnival Cruises are is not true.

There are many, many woman who are young, active, outgoing, intelligent and open minded and do not wear attire that would make people feel sick to their stomach. I guess you must not know any women who are neither a skank or a prude? Which are you?

Okay I wasn't going to comment on this at all as I really don't care what others wear. However, I do cruise on Carnival (2 actually) and I find your comment a little hurtful. Are you saying that Carnival cruises are what??? You can actually view some of my formals and they are all nice, not any different then some of my RC or Princess formals. So please watch how you say something. I have just as much "right" as the next and I am a "Carnival Cruiser" and PROUD of it. But I am ALSO a "Princess and Royal Caribbean Cruiser".

Beachwear is fine for a beach but this was on a ship during "formal night". And anyway what is a Life style cruise? Is it full of swingers or something. I'd rather be a prude and have some class and dignity than show my tatas to every Tom, Dick, Harry and Jane. It is disgusting and it should not be allowed. But then what do you expect from Carnivale Cruises.:eek:

Wait a minute, am I missing something here?

First you call people prudes because of how they feel about the dresses but when someone says they were on Carnival you say that's why you don't cruise Carnival.

Wendy

I agree with your post, I have not cruised Carnival but see no need to "put down" any line.

I know and I don't agree with any cruise line allowing anyone to wear jeans or shorts in the dinning room. Most people do wear what they are suppose to but not always. They aren't suppose to allow them to stay there, they are suppose to go to the buffet but I don't leave or not cruise on that line because of it. I just figure it is their cruise as well and it is up to them to wear what they want. And if someone on the cruiseline says something then they do and if they don't then they don't. It dosen't cause me not to eat or enjoy my dinner.

• 2 weeks later...
There are many, many woman who are young, active, outgoing, intelligent and open minded and do not wear attire that would make people feel sick to their stomach. I guess you must not know any women who are neither a skank or a prude? Which are you?

I'm a young, active, outgoing,intelligent....... skankprude........you know just like all the rest of you judgemental ladies on here who dont seem to realize that what she wore was either APPROPRIATE for her cruise or that CARNIVAL let her wear it. Thats the problem I refered to about Carnival. First they let "lifestyle" cruisers book the same ship as families then dont enforce the dress code. Or Second they think wearing this outfit is fine. Then everyone on here overeacts saying they would puke or shes a skank, or they would never cruise again because of an outfit that is basically PG. Where's the outrage at Carnival for allowing her to wear what you deem in so distastful if indeed she was on a family cruise? Again the name of this thread is in effect "show us what you wore to formal night" well guess what, she did....

I'm a young, active, outgoing,intelligent....... skankprude........you know just like all the rest of you judgemental ladies on here who dont seem to realize that what she wore was either APPROPRIATE for her cruise or that CARNIVAL let her wear it. Thats the problem I refered to about Carnival. First they let "lifestyle" cruisers book the same ship as families then dont enforce the dress code. Or Second they think wearing this outfit is fine. Then everyone on here overeacts saying they would puke or shes a skank, or they would never cruise again because of an outfit that is basically PG. Where's the outrage at Carnival for allowing her to wear what you deem in so distastful if indeed she was on a family cruise? Again the name of this thread is in effect "show us what you wore to formal night" well guess what, she did....

They didn't alllow her to wear it darlin'. This thread has been going around for a long time.

Yes, they were on a "lifestyle cruise", this is the lifestyle where they like a 3rd, a woman at that. This was not a charter.

She was asked to leave the dining room and change.

She is an educated woman, a veterinarian. I believe everyone has a right to practice what they want, just not in front of everybody else. They should just charter a ship for their very own cruise, then they could go nekkid, because I can tell you, there will be children on every cruise, doesn't matter if there are 10 children or 200, this dress is not appropriate.

They didn't alllow her to wear it darlin'. This thread has been going around for a long time.

Yes, they were on a "lifestyle cruise", this is the lifestyle where they like a 3rd, a woman at that. This was not a charter.

She was asked to leave the dining room and change.

She is an educated woman, a veterinarian. I believe everyone has a right to practice what they want, just not in front of everybody else. They should just charter a ship for their very own cruise, then they could go nekkid, because I can tell you, there will be children on every cruise, doesn't matter if there are 10 children or 200, this dress is not appropriate.

Sooo, what your basically agreeing with me is that Carnival solicits and agrees to book these kind of "lifestyle" cruises on their family ships. As I said again this dress is PG rated, if it wasn't CC wouldn't allow it here on their site. Maybe its not apppropriate for a formal dinning room but not so bad to get soo worked up over.

ITS NO ONES FAULT BUT HER OWN, SHE SHOULD OF NOT HAVE WORN THAT SO CALL PIECE OF MATERIAL, AND IF SHE AND HER HUSBAND WERE NORMAL THEY WOULD OF RELIZED THAT THERE ARE FAMILIES WITH CHILDREN ON THE SHIP. IT DOESNT MATTER WHAT SHIP. THERE ARE SOME THINGS YOU KEEP PRIVATE AND THAT SHOULD OF BEEN ONE OF THEM. OBVIOUSLY THEY WERE LOOKING FOR ATTENTION, WHICH THEY GOT. BUT I DO AGREE THAT SOMEONE FROM THE SHIP SHOULD OF APPROACHED THEM AND TOLD THEM IN A NICE POLITE WAY THAT THAT ATTIRE WAS NOT ACCEPTED FOR FORMAL NIGHT.IN REGARDS TO THE TREAD NAME REGARDLESS OF WHAT THIS THREAD IS CALLED YOU USE GOOD JUDGEMENT, WOULD YOU POST YOURSELF IN PRIVATE ATTIRE I DONT THINK SO.:confused:

Hey, Theres no need to YELL. Besides who are you to decide whats normal? If she wore this to the pool would you be so upset? I've seen much more revealing outfits at the pool such as thongs etc... and nobody says anything......Is it just because she wore it to the dinning room?

I just want to add that if I saw someone dressed like that I'd have myself a good laugh and go on with my life. If I had kids I would tell them that's not appropriate and then I'd laugh later. Get over it people. She's not forcing you to dress like that, and they didn't let her in the dining room anyway. If we were all "normal" this would be a boring world!:D

Sooo, what your basically agreeing with me is that Carnival solicits and agrees to book these kind of "lifestyle" cruises on their family ships. As I said again this dress is PG rated, if it wasn't CC wouldn't allow it here on their site. Maybe its not apppropriate for a formal dinning room but not so bad to get soo worked up over.

No, they do not solicit groups. Groups solicit them. No, this dress is not PG rated. I have seen pics of the front and back. CC could not even keep up with how many times their pics got posted. The fact of the matter is, these groups book aboard family cruises and people who are not part of the group are not informed that they will be sailing with a "lifestyle" group. Now, I am far from a prude, I feel that basic common sense is indicated. Fine, if you want to advertise that you are a woman with no morals who likes another woman with you and your husband/partner in the bedroom, fine, but do you have to dress like this? I would have a good laugh if I saw this, but I would feel awful for families with children.

• 2 weeks later...
Ok, I know this shipped has sailed but I could not help myself. Could you please, pretty please post here whenever you are cruising and where? I would like to specifically avoid those cruises, I dont want my husband vomitting in his own mouth. Geez. Talk about weirdos. Open minded? Are you serious? You look ridiculous. Yes RIDICULOUS. And FYI if most of the population agrees, well then we're right. How dare you make others have to see this? That is offensive.

Although I would not want to see this on a ship, and would not wear it, I think your post is out of line. This is a person that made a choice, whether you or I agree with it or not. I beleive it is fine if you want to say that you feel it is inappropriate or in poor taste, but to attack personally is uncalled for.